[1.12.5] MIR (MIR) v4.0.99.0-prerelease `<Thank you BobCat, DECQ, and Dragon01>` edition

zer0Kerbal

MIR KSP version License
Curseforge GitHub SpaceDock CKAN
Pages

MIR Space Station (MIR)

The Soviet Space Station MIR for Kerbal Space Program.

By @Sampa and zer0Kerbal, originally by BobCatDECQ and Dragon01

adopted with express permission and brought to you by KerbSimpleCo

MIR Hero

Features by BobCat

• Modular space station.
  • MIR Core module with living quarters, six docking ports and a detailed IVA.
  • Kvant-1 Astrophysics module with an X-ray experiment and a docking port.
  • FSM space tug for delivering Kvant 1 to the station.
  • Kvant-2 physics module with an airlock.
  • Kristall docking module with two additional docking ports.
  • Spektr power module with 4 solar panels.
  • Priroda Kerbin observation module with a big Travers antenna.
  • Docking Compartment for improving docking clearance. By Blista100, used with permission.
  • Zarya FGB with high fuel load and RCS configured for flying with Unity module attached.
  • Zvezda service module (MIR Core variant) with 4 docking ports.
  • New solar panels and an ISS-style docking port.

Preamble by Wikipedia

Mir (Russian: Мир, IPA: [ˈmʲir]; lit. 'peace' or 'world') was a space station that operated in low Earth orbit from 1986 to 2001, operated by the Soviet Union and later by Russia. Mir was the first modular space station and was assembled in orbit from 1986 to 1996. It had a greater mass than any previous spacecraft. At the time it was the largest artificial satellite in orbit, succeeded by the International Space Station (ISS) after Mir's orbit decayed.

See more

Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

Oh man, I remember Bobcat's mods fondly... back in the wild west days of KSP modding! 

The game truly had a different atmosphere to it back then; textures were grittier and more cartoonish, rather than the sleek, semi-realistic look of modern stock stuff. Many of the parts were nonsensical - remember the old RAM air intake, or the Mk 3 parts that existed before the current Mk 3 system was implemented? (The really cursed shuttle parts that had few to no applications, and were deprecated around 0.90 I believe)? Back in those days, each new mod was a surprise, pushing the boundaries of what KSP was capable of. It was probably 5-6 years ago, when I was back in middle school, that I recall being in 1st period and looking at Kerbal Stuff (RIP the predecessor to SpaceDock) and saw the first use of PlanetFactory (the precursor to modern-day Kopernicus) adding in new stars. I was BAFFLED to see Kerbol orbiting a black hole with other stars; even though there were no planets orbiting those stars (and thus very little reason to go there), it was still exciting to see the potential of it!

Few mods nowadays elicit that "What!? That's even possible!?!" feeling in quite the same way. The most recent one has to be Parallax, especially the 2.0 update with its absolutely incredible ground scatters. 

I hope to see more mods from the pre-1.0 era get resurrected. Not necessarily overhauled (though, if people want to release it as a sequel mod, sure), but just made to work smoothly with modern versions, while preserving their looks and aesthetic as a memorial to a bygone era of KSP.
Stuff like Bobcat's other mods such the DEMV series of rovers, the HOME habitat system, etc.; @Romfarer's Lazor system, @LazarusLuan's LazTek SpaceX packs (which speculated possible colonial transporters before ITS was even announced, let alone its successors BFR and eventually Starship), @Yogui87's Lionhead Aerospace probes and rovers, @InfiniteDice's ships and weapon systems, Kethane (the OG resource extraction mod - with, I dare argue, superior mechanics to stock ore harvesting, as Kethane is scanned and discovered in a hexagonal grid system, and the deposits have a limited amount of Kethane that can run dry), etc.
Though, what I dearly hope to see the most of all, the venerable Kerbal Shuttle Orbiter System (the first proper shuttle mod, in my opinion). 

KSOS's design is timeless; it has the charm of the old alpha KSP days, while being sleek enough to blend in with modern parts without being too garish. The shuttles snapped together using attachment nodes, quite similar to the Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit of today (which, I'm willing to bet, was inspired by KSOS in terms of assembly of the parts), giving the parts a sort of PlayMobil vibe with how they seamlessly fit together.

There's been countless people who have claimed that they'd be reviving KSOS over the years, with @Eskandare taking over from @helldiver before before he, unfortunately, dropped off the radar too; I believe the most recent person to request to take over the mod is @StinkyAce. Sadly, there has not been a substantial update to the mod in nearly half a decade, without someone stepping up to the plate to take it over, it'll likely be lost to time.

Edited by Raptor22

16 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

DEMV

@Raptor22

Yes, and 

• DEMV Mk 1 version 1.0 Release
  • DEMV Mark 2 complex "Pretorian"
  • Mark 3?
  • DEMV Mark 4 "RAT" Pack
  • DEMV D.R.O.P.

If you have these (and I suspect you do - kindly dropbox them to me and will put an 'expedite' sticker on them)

issue is the plugins (especially cart.dll) are no longer up to date - and resurrecting them might be beyond my current abilities. I believe I might have one or more - and have worked on them.

LazTek SpaceX

my comment is no comment, but one can look to see the comment in my google sheets.

Lionhead Aerospace probes and rovers

my comment is no comment, but one can look to see the comment in my google sheets.

KSOS's

maybe

15 hours ago, Sampa said:

parts somewhere

I believe I do.

All these parts addons are a monumental task which I have done before (just different author/addons). Am always open to working with collaborators like @Sampa!

Also am open to GitHub PR's with appropriate variant textures and model updates! ;P

On 9/12/2022 at 11:51 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

it appears so - at least HOME2

and Home (have both) @Foefue

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Wonderful.
I use to have Bobcats Mir in many of my games until now. Nearly everything worked fine. Okay, the RCS thrusters have some ugly graphics when thy fired, but that was not so bad. Or, if it was, it was just at the docking procedures.
I just had the attatchments updated, but that was all. But even that was not nessecary, because one could deactivate that problem.

I would be delighted to see some part soon :)

8 hours ago, Isabelle.V.Fuchs said:

Wonderful.
I use to have Bobcats Mir in many of my games until now. Nearly everything worked fine. Okay, the RCS thrusters have some ugly graphics when thy fired, but that was not so bad. Or, if it was, it was just at the docking procedures.
I just had the attatchments updated, but that was all. But even that was not nessecary, because one could deactivate that problem.

Can you describe what problem you were having with docking procedures?  And I already brought up the rcs issue, so that is on the table for repair

13 hours ago, Isabelle.V.Fuchs said:

Wonderful.

@Isabelle.V.Fuchs and @SampaCurrently the RCS is in the alpha release on GitHub

You can also report an Issue here (GitHub) 

and

can also participate in alpha/beta in this GitHub discussion - which will also contain (and currently does) the current ALPHA/BETA prerelease (NOT FOR LIVE GAMES)

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Version 4.0.98.0-alpha <Alpha 0> edition

12 Sep 2022
For Kerbal Space Program 1.12.3

NOT FOR LIVE SAVES - is ALPHA state - DOWNLOAD from CurseForge link here.

Changes

Spoiler
File name
  • part.cfg --> mir-port-apas-1.cfg
  • part.cfg --> mir-dockingmodule-1.cfg
  • part.cfg --> mir-rcs-block-1.cfg
  • MIRCore.cfg --> mir-core.cfg
  • MIRSolarTop.cfg --> mir-solar-top.cfg
  • MIRSolar.cfg --> mir-solar.cfg
  • Kvant1.cfg --> mir-kvant-1v.cfg
  • KvantSolar --> mir-kvant-solar.cfg
Part Name
  • APASport1 --> mir-port-apas-1
  • Mir_RCS_ThrusterBlock1 --> mir-rcs-block-1
  • MIR_core --> mir-core
  • Kvant-1V --> mir-kvant-1v
  • Kvant_1_Solar_Panel1 --> mir-kvant-solar
Model name
  • model.mu --> mir-core
  • MIR_core.mu --> mir-core
  • model.mu --> mir-rcs-block-1
  • NewModel.mu --> mir-solar.mu
  • MIR_solartop.mu --> mir-solar-top.mu
  • Kvant_core --> mir-kvant.mu
  • Kvant_solar --> mir-kvant-solar.mu
Texture name
  • model000.dds --> apas-000
  • model001.dds --> apas-001
  • model000.dds --> mirrcs-0
  • model001.png --> mirrcs-1

model000.dds -->

Soyuz_solar.dds
Soyuz_solar_bump.png

IVA
  • Internal.cfg --> MIR-Core-Internal.cfg
Split out
  • Add
    • <ECLSS.cfg>
    • <KerbalAttachmentSystem.cfg>

Full Changelog4.0.0.0-release...4.0.98.0-alpha

Version 4.0.98.1-alpha <Alpha 1> edition

18 Sep 2022
For Kerbal Space Program 1.12.3

NOT FOR LIVE SAVES - is ALPHA state - DOWNLOAD from CurseForge link here.

Summary 4.0.98.0

Spoiler

Changes

Rename 4.0.98.1
  • Internal Part names should not change going forward
  • <docs/PartsCatalog.md> v1.1.4.0 now shows all parts
  • All parts have received initial
    • update pass
    • localization pass
    • asset pass
  • <MIR.version>
    • removed [KSP_VERSION_MAX]
    • added SubAssemblies
  • Files
    • <TKS_Zarya.cfg> --> <mir-tks-zarya.cfg> v1.2.0.0
    • <TKS_Kristall.cfg> --> <mir-tks-kristall.cfg> v1.2.0.0
    • <TKS_Kvant2.cfg> --> <mir-tks-kvant-2v.cfg> v1.2.0.0
    • <TKS_Priroda.cfg> --> <mir-tks-priroda.cfg> v1.2.0.0
    • <TKS_Spektr.cfg> --> <mir-tks-spektr.cfg> v1.2.0.0
    • <TKS_tug.cfg --> <mir-tks-tug.cfg> v1.2.0.0
    • <MirCap.cfg> --> <mir-tks-dock-cap.cfg> v1.2.0.0
    • <MirDrogue.cfg> --> <mir-tks-dock-drogue.cfg> v1.2.0.0
    • <MirProbe.cfg> --> <mir-tks-dock-probe.cfg> v1.2.0.0
  • Parts
    • TKS_Zarya --> mir-tks-zarya
    • TKS_Kristall --> mir-tks-kristall
    • TKS_Kvant2V --> mir-tks-kvant-2v
    • TKS_Priroda --> mir-tks-priroda
    • MIR_Spektr1 --> mir-tks-spektr
    • TKS_tug1 --> mir-tks-tug
    • Mir_DockingPortProbe1 --> mir-tks-dock-probe
    • Mir_DockingPortCoverCap1 --> mir-tks-dock-cap
    • Mir_DockingPortDrogue1 --> mir-tks-dock-drogue
  • Models
    • <model.mu> --> <mir-core.mu>
    • <MIR_core.mu> --> <mir-core.mu>
    • <model.mu> --> <mir-rcs-block-1.mu>
    • <NewModel.mu> --> <mir-solar.mu.mu>
    • <MIR_solartop.mu> --> <mir-solar-top.mu>
    • <Kvant_core.mu> --> <mir-kvant.mu>
    • <Kvant_solar.mu> --> <mir-kvant-solar.mu>
  • Textures
    • <model000.dds> --> <MIR-DP00.dds>
    • <model001.png> --> <MIR-DP01.png>
  • IVA
    • Filename
      • <Internal.cfg> --> <MIR-TKS-internal.cfg>
    • actually deactivate Spaces/MIR-core-internal/PropConfig.cfg
      Name
      • MIR_TKS_internal --> MIR-TKS-internal
      • update pointers in six parts
Split Out 4.0.98.1
  • Update
    • <ECLSS.cfg>.cfg> v1.1.0.0

What's Changed

Full Changelog4.0.98.0-alpha...4.0.98.1-alpha

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• All parts
    • are now present; no further (internal) part name changes should be required.
    • have had initial localization pass completed.
    • now are showing in editor
    • PartsCatalog.md now showing all parts; just needs better labels
    • Assets have been (as required) renamed, updated, and relocated.

ready now for you to begin the details - like what is missing or wrong (masses, costs, categories, technical details)

I will go through the models and see if there are items not included in the part.cfg's (like lights).

On 9/14/2022 at 3:44 AM, Raptor22 said:

Oh man, I remember Bobcat's mods fondly... back in the wild west days of KSP modding! 

The game truly had a different atmosphere to it back then; textures were grittier and more cartoonish, rather than the sleek, semi-realistic look of modern stock stuff. Many of the parts were nonsensical - remember the old RAM air intake, or the Mk 3 parts that existed before the current Mk 3 system was implemented? (The really cursed shuttle parts that had few to no applications, and were deprecated around 0.90 I believe)? Back in those days, each new mod was a surprise, pushing the boundaries of what KSP was capable of. It was probably 5-6 years ago, when I was back in middle school, that I recall being in 1st period and looking at Kerbal Stuff (RIP the predecessor to SpaceDock) and saw the first use of PlanetFactory (the precursor to modern-day Kopernicus) adding in new stars. I was BAFFLED to see Kerbol orbiting a black hole with other stars; even though there were no planets orbiting those stars (and thus very little reason to go there), it was still exciting to see the potential of it!

Few mods nowadays elicit that "What!? That's even possible!?!" feeling in quite the same way. The most recent one has to be Parallax, especially the 2.0 update with its absolutely incredible ground scatters. 

I hope to see more mods from the pre-1.0 era get resurrected. Not necessarily overhauled (though, if people want to release it as a sequel mod, sure), but just made to work smoothly with modern versions, while preserving their looks and aesthetic as a memorial to a bygone era of KSP.
Stuff like Bobcat's other mods such the DEMV series of rovers, the HOME habitat system, etc.; @Romfarer's Lazor system, @LazarusLuan's LazTek SpaceX packs (which speculated possible colonial transporters before ITS was even announced, let alone its successors BFR and eventually Starship), @Yogui87's Lionhead Aerospace probes and rovers, @InfiniteDice's ships and weapon systems, Kethane (the OG resource extraction mod - with, I dare argue, superior mechanics to stock ore harvesting, as Kethane is scanned and discovered in a hexagonal grid system, and the deposits have a limited amount of Kethane that can run dry), etc.
Though, what I dearly hope to see the most of all, the venerable Kerbal Shuttle Orbiter System (the first proper shuttle mod, in my opinion). 

KSOS's design is timeless; it has the charm of the old alpha KSP days, while being sleek enough to blend in with modern parts without being too garish. The shuttles snapped together using attachment nodes, quite similar to the Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit of today (which, I'm willing to bet, was inspired by KSOS in terms of assembly of the parts), giving the parts a sort of PlayMobil vibe with how they seamlessly fit together.

There's been countless people who have claimed that they'd be reviving KSOS over the years, with @Eskandare taking over from @helldiver before before he, unfortunately, dropped off the radar too; I believe the most recent person to request to take over the mod is @StinkyAce. Sadly, there has not been a substantial update to the mod in nearly half a decade, without someone stepping up to the plate to take it over, it'll likely be lost to time.

I agree, mods on KSP now have no amateur enthusiasm, more like a race of professionals for maximum quality, and it's not bad at all, but it doesn't have that charm.  Completely different add-ons look like a carbon copy, the authors do not have a unique style.

Edited by DECQ

14 hours ago, DECQ said:

I agree, mods on KSP now have no amateur enthusiasm, more like a race of professionals for maximum quality, and it's not bad at all, but it doesn't have that charm.  Completely different add-ons look like a carbon copy, the authors do not have a unique style.

Well said.

MIR
KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Version 4.0.98.2-beta <Beta 0> edition

30 Sep 2022
Released for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.3

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:
DELETE EXISTING INSTALLATION THEN RE-INSTALL

Download from CurseForge

Summary

Spoiler
  • stock RCSFX working

• [WIP] docking port: (TKS drogue and probe) now gendered

• Known Issues

• solar panels
      • not sun tracking
      • not generating EC
      • but they look good and the animations are awesome!
    • several parts use [ModuleEngines] instead of [ModuleEnginesFX]
    • reported shadow bugs on some of the components

Changes

• Add
    • [DRAG_CUBES] to parts
  • Update
    • <mir-rcs-block-1.cfg> v1.2.2.1
      • stock RCSFX working
    • <mir-tks-dock-probe.cfg> v1.2.0.1
      • docking port: male/gendered
    • <mir-tks-dock-drogue.cfg> v1.2.0.1
      • docking port: female/gendered
  • Known Issues
    • EC not flowing
      • <mir-solar.cfg> v1.0.0.1
      • <mir-kvant-solar.cfg> v1.0.0.1
        • comment out [power curve] (test)

Localization 4.0.98.2

• simplify localization ID's
    • to: #MIR-*
  • updates #12 - Localization - Master
  • updates #30 - Part Localization
  • updates #13 - English <us-en.cfg>

Status 4.0.98.2

• Issues
    • closes #35 - MIR (MIR) 4.0.98.0-alpha <Alpha 0>
    • closes #36 - MIR (MIR) 4.0.98.1-alpha <Alpha 1>
    • closes #40 - MIR (MIR) 4.0.98.2-beta <Beta 0>

See More

• Changelog Summary for more details of changes: See ChangeLog
  • Discussions and news on this mod : See Discussions or KSP Forums
  • Known Issues for more details of feature requests and known issues : See Known Issues
  • GitHub Pages : See Pages

Localization

• English English
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

Release Schedule

1. GitHub: reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  2. CurseForge: Right now.
  3. SpaceDock: (and CKAN users). Soon™
Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.