Connecting Surface Bases?

Any advice on connecting surface base components, without resorting to putting everything on wheels?  I have MKS, SSPXr and KAS installed. I've thought of  build in EVA mode, but it seems like they'd still have to be positioned pretty precisely, since the parts are rigid (except for the MKS flex-o-tubes, but their seems to be some inconsistent information as to whether these are deprecated

1 minute ago, dlrk said:

Any advice on connecting surface base components,

You could forgo having to connect the various components of a surface base if you build them in a manner where they are all self supporting but then they are close enough to use local logistics to transfer resources and power to each other.

See  the MKS guide especially where it talks about disconnected bases and logistics.  

First advice is not to use landing legs, at least not then stationary. This is even more true using KAS pipes.
The problem is that if you do mining under time warp or while away, then you come back the landing legs try to re balance themselves in an instance and you get an catapult effect on say an small lander you refueled. Use struts instead. 

As for the first question, found mechjeb to have an 10 meter accuracy landing on the mun, you can always do an ballistic burn to get an better position. 
Even smarter had to use an skycrane with wheels, this could even be reusable for landing new modules if done right. 

Do the modules have to be connected together or do you just want to share resources between the different sections? If it’s the latter, SimpleLogistics could solve that problem by allowing all vessels within physics range to pool their resources so that, say, a power module can supply power to everything else, though you still need at least some storage for everything you need on each section e.g. ore on an ISRU module. It’s less glitch-prone than attaching everything with KIS/KAS hoses but doesn’t work in the background as the vessels are still separate.

On 9/14/2022 at 1:26 PM, dlrk said:

I'd prefer them to be physically connected, gonna figure out Konstruction

SSPXr, which you said is already installed, has 2 sizes of extending crew tubes. They work similarly to the grabber claw but look nicer. I use the 1.25m round tube because the larger square tube is usually too wide.

You mentioned not wanting wheels on all your base components. Use a skycrane to carefully land base parts and/or have a base rover tractor to drag parts after landing. A mk2 lander can with a grabber attached at the front window and wide wheels for stability can nudge base parts.

Save your game before trying to connect parts with the grabber and tubes because of KSP glitchiness. Once those parts are connected, though, my bases have been safe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.