Is there a way to have a custom glow texture for the breaking ground suit.

I am am making class-specific suits with the class icons on them, is there a way to change the glow texture.

I have done everything to make a normal suit including the config and regular texture, but in is there a way to specify a csutom glow texture in the config.

I have also extracted the default glow texture from the files.

On 9/17/2022 at 4:39 AM, crumbthecrumb said:

I have also extracted the default glow texture from the files.

I personally have never done anything with the suits. @Caerfinon has and may know.

Glow in KSP is usually done with emissive textures which usually means the main texture pic and another that is dark everywhere except for the places you want to light up and those areas are usually brighter than the main pic. So if you recolour the areas that are meant to glow to the colour you want then that should work. If you want glow in different areas and the suits do use the emissive system then darkening the areas you don't want and lightening the areas you do want on the emissive texture (not the main texture) should work.

@crumbthecrumb  Take a look at Green Skull Revived suit pack on SpaceDock. These are designed to work with Texture Replacer and include an emissive.dds for the future suit versions only. Not sure it can be done for vintage and default suits. This may give you some pointers on your suit pack. 

I only really dabble with default suits because they have the look that I prefer.  Best of luck on your project.     

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.