A ship has disappeared... finding what happened?

I'm missing a ship. I know this because (in addition to remembering building and launching it, etc.) I have an alarm clock entry for a maneuver node for it, but "switch to" doesn't do anything. Weird. Ok, go to the tracking station to look for it, and... I can't find it.

Maybe KSP/The Kraken swallowed it for tribute, but barring that, is there log/debug data I can find that would let me know if I accidentally forgot to do something with it and it crashed into something or was otherwise destroyed? Maybe I set the alarm on a maneuver node that I didn't notice was on the far side of an encounter or something? No idea how far back this would have happened though, in game time, it was on a year+ run to Duna...

Thanks!

You could try loading up older saves to find one where the craft is still there, though this would mean you lost whatever you did after that save was made. There are some backup save files inside KSP/saves/(your save name)/backups that might be useful for this, copy and paste them into /(your save name) and they can be loaded in-game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.