Intercept Games next game is "an unannounced stylized science-based adventure game."

Anth

Yeah I'm thinking a Kerbal spinoff. You know, like Minecraft Dungeons/Legends/Earth/whatever else was out there

But you can bet your left lung they won't say a word until it's officially announced.

however, it could mean that KSP2 is in advanced enough stage of production that part of the team was moved to that other project. Or maybe all the job offers they had recently were for that project to just kickstart it.

4 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

it could mean that KSP2 is in advanced enough stage of production that part of the team was moved to that other project. Or maybe all the job offers they had recently were for that project to just kickstart it.

That is entirely possible

Does "Stylized" mean cartoon type environments?

Stylized often means "not made to look as realistic as possible"

5d2c778272bbe.jpg

An example above.

But even things with high amount of polygons, but with wonky shapes, could be stylized. I think Outer Wilds mentioned earlier are a good example of stylized graphics style. Also Journey, also Kena, also Slime Rancher, I could go on forever.

Edited by The Aziz

44 minutes ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

Maybe it’s ksp story mode?

"ksp story mode" doesn't really mean anything until you elaborate on what you specifically mean. If you mean stories about Jeb, Bill and Bob's adventures, that would not appeal to people who play KSP because it'd lack the rocket science that makes KSP appealing (and in addition would go against the make-your-own-stories appeal) nor would it appeal to people who've never played KSP before as it's a niche product.

I'm putting my money on an Outer Wilds clone (stylized, science, adventure), where the progression is in the player's knowledge of the game and a clear save is almost identical to a new one.

Edited by Bej Kerman

56 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

"ksp story mode" doesn't really mean anything until you elaborate on what you specifically mean. If you mean stories about Jeb, Bill and Bob's adventures, that would not appeal to people who play KSP because it'd lack the rocket science that makes KSP appealing (and in addition would go against the make-your-own-stories appeal) nor would it appeal to people who've never played KSP before as it's a niche product.

8 minutes ago, Anth12 said:
1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

Did you mean to type something? :D

2 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

I doubt it will use ksp ip, it seems weird for a new studio to release two games with the same ip before doing anything "unique". Im guessing it'll have a hard sci fi setting, and I honestly wont be surprised if the style is closer to disco elysium or something like that. 

They have a certain type of fan base right now. It would be smart to keep that fan base interested.

You never want to make yourself known for one thing early (See bands who are one hit wonders who struggle to grow due to the one hit wonder), intercept probably has ambitions outside of ksp and doesnt want to be known as just the ksp studio, thus focusing there early efforts entirely on ksp seems unlikely. 

40 minutes ago, Anth12 said:

oh. weird. Yeah I agree that it wouldn't appeal to current players of KSP in regards to having stories for the Kerbals with the lacking the rocket science part of it.

Depends what it was to be honest, I would be perfectly fine with no rocket science but other science instead if it was interesting.

Edited by MechBFP

Intercept Games is a Private Division/Take-Two development studio currently focused on the creation of Kerbal Space Program 2 as well as an unannounced stylized science-based adventure game.

A bifocal akimbo squint shot.

Spoiler

portrait-funny-playful-girl-squinting-ey

This looks explaining a lot about the four-year delay of already presented game.

The "unannounced stylized science-based adventure game" is a simulator of the educated space game developer writing code between fishing, hunting, woodcutting, writing reports, and playing banjo.

Edited by kerbiloid

3 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

This looks explaining a lot about the four-year delay of already presented game.

Not really.

Recent job openings show that the development of the new game was more recent, which makes more sense to me at least.

People who were working on KSP2 which certain aspects are complete can move onto something new without losing their jobs.

11 hours ago, Anth12 said:
14 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Did you mean to type something? :D

oh. weird. Yeah I agree that it wouldn't appeal to current players of KSP in regards to having stories for the Kerbals with the lacking the rocket science part of it.

There's a like button for when you agree with something but don't have much else to add. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.