[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.18 Discussion thread 2

mnnm1234

This is the 2ned 0.18 discussion thread.

Thread Rules:

1. Talk about 0.18 only!

2. No talking about other updates or stuff that will never be implemented!

3. No arguments!

Keep this thread newbie-friendly, so if we get lots of pages and a newbie comes with a new question, don't shout at them, answer politely.

I'm just going to get this out of the way now: docking IS NOT COMING IN 0.18. Nobody even bring it up, your just gonna piss people off.

Anyway,

I'm hoping for fully implemented IVA's and those module things C7 was mentioned in his blog post.

Well I give this tread a try with a on-topic post:

I hope the follow things finely will be inplemented in 0.18:

- Stack Extensions : Fairings, structural reinforcements and solid-booster fuel plugs

- Side-mounts : Liquid-fueled parallel stages, drop-tanks, and cargo pods

- Better scenery for space center scene

- Cities and other geographic points of reference

- Long-duration smoke trails

- Reentry heat

If these things will be inplemented KSP will be MUCH more realistic.

I'm hoping for a system that lets you actually decide the volume of the tanks by a sliding draggy bar thingy or something, instead of stacking a ton of tanks one under the other. Also, this would help to get the exact amount of fuel you need. Why should you have more fuel than what you're gonna need?

Thank you sal.

Anyway, I would like to see mostly bug fixes, fixing of certain "Space" bugs and completely implement things like Moho's lava and IVAs.

I'm not expecting 0.18 to be on the feature side, more on the fixing and tweaking side of the scale and I'm sure 0.17 will keep me occupied for a long time anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't realy care about what will be added, the only thing i care about is the optimalisation.

i'm not someone with a 5 or 7 year old PC who can barely run the game. I build myself an awesome rig some months ago.

It's just that KSP doesn't feel right. space ships are too wobbly. You can feel that every part has physics. If you have a small stack of 3 fuel containers, you literary SEE the stack bend when in atmosphere, costing framerates for every pc, and especially with huge rockets with +30 parts. even my pc can't handle that. And i'm even forgetting about the drag of every physics object, and other stuff like thrust. Everything (Drag, physics, thrust (what is actually physics)) has to be calculated by your pc EVERY framerate.

My idea is that the ship becomes 1 big physics object, and every time stages split, it splits the 1 big physics object in 2 physics objects. 1 big object means that your pc has to calculate extremely less ****, so there will be much more frame rate. Everything would be the same, expect the bending. There wouldn't be any bending anymore. So that means that it becomes unrealistic? NO! in real life welded metal things don't bend too! they break, in pieces. And that is the exact thing what should happen when you don't use enough truts to secure everything.

No bending, extremely less physics/drag objects = Much, Much more framerate for EVERY pc.

Is the thing what i'm telling inpossible? in my mind it isn't. But enough told about this. It isn't the suggestion forum :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.