[WIP] New Generation ESA Rocket: Vega, Ariane 6....

josselin2196

Some Picture of Space Rider:

7kT4nOy.png

I get some "feedback" for my "plain" texture, so i try  to polish the heat shield according to some ArianeGroup render

Ybs3VHq.png

I'm still ensure of the landing gear, i don't know if i use wheel or patin and if i make door inside or separate part outside like stock, it will depend of free time or motivation.

I make a little experiment based of a design i use to work during school:

EgXNtzY.pngg1fA1md.png

The real Space Rider can carry nano-sat into separate bay, but i don't think i will make it as KSP does not handle very well such sat into VAB

A friend of mine tell me that Vinci engine was propose for the upper stage of SLS, if i have time i will make a compact version of vinci with a extendable nozzle for use into the respective mod that give SLS or for making the Ariane 5 Midlife-Evolution concept.

@ScribStar provide me a very very detailled Vulcain engine model, who is licensed, so i will use it as guideline for improve the model i use, i plan to at least add the side gaz exaust, the ariane 6 model i use don't have it, but photo of the actual Vulcain have it so i will update the model at a later date 

Edited by josselin2196
typo

that was i thought, but the real one will have this configuration as seen in the latest presentation

14 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Looks stellar but wouldn't it make more sense if the front gear was a skid and the rear were wheels. Or even better; all the gear are skids.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for lack of update, but loss of job and the newer one giving me far less free time for the moment, prevented me to give attention to this mod.

I'm expected to have more time in the followings months. A friends of mine is working on a juice probe model for me, so more content is still on the way. 

This mod will be atleast on hiatus until june.

• 2 months later...
On 4/13/2023 at 4:14 PM, josselin2196 said:

Sorry for lack of update, but loss of job and the newer one giving me far less free time for the moment, prevented me to give attention to this mod.

I'm expected to have more time in the followings months. A friends of mine is working on a juice probe model for me, so more content is still on the way. 

This mod will be atleast on hiatus until june.

Hoping the dev is going good and hoping that some content come this june

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I was very interested by this mod but I am a bit disappointed by the ISPs retained for Vulcain and Vinci engines which are not consistent with LF/LOX propulsion but rather solid boosters.
A 3,75m A6 rocket is maybe too big for the stock game. Same issue with the Knes mod though, plus with insane ISPs for some monoprop engines.

• 3 weeks later...