[WIP] New Generation ESA Rocket: Vega, Ariane 6....

josselin2196

Some Picture of Space Rider:

7kT4nOy.png

I get some "feedback" for my "plain" texture, so i try  to polish the heat shield according to some ArianeGroup render

Ybs3VHq.png

I'm still ensure of the landing gear, i don't know if i use wheel or patin and if i make door inside or separate part outside like stock, it will depend of free time or motivation.

I make a little experiment based of a design i use to work during school:

EgXNtzY.pngg1fA1md.png

The real Space Rider can carry nano-sat into separate bay, but i don't think i will make it as KSP does not handle very well such sat into VAB

A friend of mine tell me that Vinci engine was propose for the upper stage of SLS, if i have time i will make a compact version of vinci with a extendable nozzle for use into the respective mod that give SLS or for making the Ariane 5 Midlife-Evolution concept.

@ScribStar provide me a very very detailled Vulcain engine model, who is licensed, so i will use it as guideline for improve the model i use, i plan to at least add the side gaz exaust, the ariane 6 model i use don't have it, but photo of the actual Vulcain have it so i will update the model at a later date 

Edited by josselin2196
typo

that was i thought, but the real one will have this configuration as seen in the latest presentation

14 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Looks stellar but wouldn't it make more sense if the front gear was a skid and the rear were wheels. Or even better; all the gear are skids.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...