Who did you bring in your first mun landing?

cebu516

It was just meant to be an orbiter, so I had all the veterans on it. I didn't know I could burn radial out/in to get my trajectory right, so I got to the mun, and was on a trajectory that would lead to lunar impact. I burned as much as I could, but ended up on my side with one solar panel broken. I was so excited that I had landed on the mun,  I completely forgot about the fact that the veterans were stranded. That save was deleted a long, long time ago. 

Jeb, Bill, and Bob.

Because there was no other choice.

23 hours ago, Rutabaga22 said:

It was just meant to be an orbiter, so I had all the veterans on it. I didn't know I could burn radial out/in to get my trajectory right, so I got to the mun, and was on a trajectory that would lead to lunar impact. I burned as much as I could, but ended up on my side with one solar panel broken. I was so excited that I had landed on the mun,  I completely forgot about the fact that the veterans were stranded. That save was deleted a long, long time ago. 

Sounds familiar:

Spoiler

7uVTQEr.png

Edited by razark

first was on the initial eggbox version, was Jeb, alone, in a Mk1 capsule based lander, due to career progress he couldn't actually get out and as such was a touch and go job with science collection.

crude lander but was designed without the aid of internet sites just a few manual calculations on dV requirements, was quite pleased actually, a sense of achievement, especially when he came back successfully.

second flight was Val to for the XP, also successful, different landing zone

actually successful first time landing, after a free return flyby and two orbital flights to test the actual craft (and grab far & near orbit science) before enough was unlocked to add the six little legs and try risking it. designed to have a 50% dV margin for the landing bit and 10% on ascent with 10% on the rest and had a decent amount of fuel left at the end but really enjoyed it

Just landed today. Brought Jeb (for maneuver nodes) and Bob (to reset science containers). Took me several tries but eventually I landed. Now I need to do science without tipping my lander over.

Also I cheated to get back to Kerbin because I didn't have enough Delta-V after getting in Mun Orbit.

Edited by Richmountain112
Update

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.