[1.12.x] Extreme Plane Contracts

Future Astronaut

Do you want more of a challenge for planes? Then this mod is for you! It will eventually include staying at a certain altitude for a certain amount of time (like 1 hour) and flying all around Kerbin. 

Current Contracts: Stay above 3000 meters for 30 minutes. 

Requires Contract Configurator

I highly recommend Planes with Purposes and Kerbin Side Remastered GAP for less difficult contracts. Those mods inspired me to make this.

Download from:

GitHub

SpaceDock

CKAN

License is MIT.

Edited by Future Astronaut

Plane contracts are a fun diversion from space. Welcome!

Some ideas, you may have thought of these already...

• Circumnavigate the world. Probably would need waypoints and I'm not sure if you can say "never exceeds alt X" to avoid cheating.
  • Land at the top of a mountain. I've done this, it's usually bad.
  • Fly the river (that long one) at Mach 2+ (or something ridiculous)
  • Pull up. Pull up. Fly at less than 100m from the ground from point A to B (with hills and stuff) at Mach 1+.
  • Mach Loop. Fly through the mountain canyons at high speed, like the real life one.
  • Shoot the target. Detach a stage from aircraft which impacts something.
  • Halo Jump. Jump from an aircraft from above 10000m, open the parachute under 100m and survive.
Edited by 610yesnolovely

5 minutes ago, 610yesnolovely said:

Plane contracts are a fun diversion from space. Welcome!

Some ideas, you may have thought of these already...

• Circumnavigate the world. Probably would need waypoints and I'm not sure if you can say "never exceeds alt X" to avoid cheating.
  • Land at the top of a mountain. I've done this, it's usually bad.
  • Fly the river (that long one) at Mach 2+ (or something ridiculous)
  • Pull up. Pull up. Fly at less than 100m from the ground from point A to B (with hills and stuff) at Mach 1+.
  • Mach Loop. Fly through the mountain canyons at high speed, like the real life one.
  • Shoot the target. Detach a stage from aircraft which impacts something.
  • Halo Jump. Jump from an aircraft from above 10000m, open the parachute under 100m and survive.

I'll consider adding these in the future! Thanks! I definitely plan to add a contract to circumnavigate the world!

Edited by Future Astronaut

15 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Hi, it looks like something went wrong with the SpaceDock download—it gives me a 404 error when I try to download. Can you try uploading it again?

Sure. I'll do that right away.

15 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Hi, it looks like something went wrong with the SpaceDock download—it gives me a 404 error when I try to download. Can you try uploading it again?

@HebaruSan I've reuploaded. Can you please try it now? It worked when I first uploaded so seems to be a SpaceDock error.

19 minutes ago, Future Astronaut said:

Sure. I'll do that right away.

@HebaruSan I've reuploaded. Can you please try it now?

Yup, it's working now. Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Future Astronaut said:

It worked when I first uploaded so seems to be a SpaceDock error.

Yeah, I definitely don't think it was caused by anything you did. And now to resume adding it to CKAN...

@HebaruSanCan you please add Planes With Purposes and Kerbin Side Remastered GAP as recommended mods on CKAN?

Version 1.2

Added one contract, landing in the mountains, and fixed a bug in the notes of the other contracts.

Download from: 

GitHub

SpaceDock

CKAN

1 hour ago, Future Astronaut said:

@HebaruSanCan you please add Planes With Purposes and Kerbin Side Remastered GAP as recommended mods on CKAN?

Sure, but it'll be a little while before I can get to that. If you want to try your hand at it, click the pencil icon here, make your edits, and submit a pull request:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/blob/master/NetKAN/ExtremePlaneContracts.netkan

We'd then review it and merge if it looks OK.

• 1 year later...

I've noticed something with mod v.1.1 and KSP 1.12.3: When I start a flight with the contract "stay above 3000m for 30min", the clock starts counting down even before the plane has moved; so the contract becomes "reach 3000m at least once"... Is there a fix ?