CKAN Wrong About Version Not Being Up To Date

I recently tried downloading RP-1 high res express install and it keeps giving me the message: RP-1-ExpressInstall-Graphics-High v1.0.0.0 depends on RP-1-ExpressInstall, which is not compatible with the currently installed game version. It says that even though the mod is supposed to be compatible with 1.12.3, and I don't know how to fix it. I've tried using the beta feature on steam to switch between versions, but none worked. This also happens if I try to download RP-1 express install, the message is just reversed. I've also removed all extra mods from the copied KSP file so that's not the problem.

Edited by thesquid

I guess I missed the set 1.11 as compatible part because I watched Carnasa's video. Listing 1.11 as compatible didn't work for the express install, but it did work for RP-1 (the actual manual install.) Then I added 1.12 as compatible too, and it let me install it. I'm going to load the game now and I'll see if it works.

I'm now having a problem with downloading, around 25% through the download it says "Failed to download "https://github.com/KSP-RO/RSS-Textures/releases/download/v18.6/16384.zip", trying fallback "https://archive.org/download/RSSTextures16K-v18.6/D33E5C3C-RSSTextures16K-v18.6.zip" and then it slows down to 700 kb/sec of download and barely seems to move from there for 20 minutes.

I somehow got low res to work, but medium and high res still don't work. I'm loading up the game right now and it seems to be doing good. Can I update the current game from low res to high res once (or if) I get the fix, or am I stuck with low res if I start the game? Do all the parts transfer over?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 1:36 PM, thesquid said:

I somehow got low res to work, but medium and high res still don't work. I'm loading up the game right now and it seems to be doing good. Can I update the current game from low res to high res once (or if) I get the fix, or am I stuck with low res if I start the game? Do all the parts transfer over?

The higher-res downloads are pretty big (several gigabytes) and it could be that either your internet connection or hard drive can't handle it all at once. If you click the express install options and then click the "relationships" tab on the right, you'll get a list of all the dependent mods that will be installed; try installing the following individually in CKAN before the express install and see if that helps:

- RSS Textures (whatever definition the medium or high res express install wants);

- Parallax stock textures v1.3.1 (not 2.0, RSS doesn't support it yet to my knowledge);

- RSS Visual Enhancements (whatever resolution the express install wants);

- RSSCanaveralHD.

Those are all fairly large mods which could cause CKAN to time out if they don't download or install in time, but breaking it down into smaller chunks could solve the problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.