I dont know if my laptop is good enough to run KSP

RAM isn’t the most critical part when it comes to KSP, you need some but adding more doesn’t necessarily make the game work better; KSP has a habit of expanding to fit the available volume. Single core CPU speed matters most for the physics calculations which are single-threaded, while some things like terrain rendering benefit from a faster/better GPU but you can still play the game well enough without a GPU if you turn some of the graphics settings down/off.

You should be able to run stock KSP without too many issues, but modding uses a lot more RAM- not that you have to mod the game, KSP works fine without them.

Speaking from experience as a Mac user (I own and play KSP on a 2020 Macbook Pro)

The M1 should be able to handle KSP perfectly fine - it's a lot more powerful than most people think, but you'll want to stay away from super intensive graphics mods, not because of performance, but because of lack of RAM.  However, you should be able to run something like spectra + maybe scatterer (with slightly lower settings) and a full Near Future suite fine, not a real issue. But the RAM isn't actually the biggest issue - the Macbook Air lacks a fan, so once the CPU gets too hot (since KSP can be quite intensive on the processor), the CPU will automatically throttle giving you less performance, which sucks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.