Good HOTAS setup?

Cloakedwand72

Thinking of dipping my toes into the HOTAS would I do t want to spend several hundred on the Winwing or Virpl and Warthog sticks right yet. I’m a intermediate flight simmer I’m thinking of grabbing the X52 Logitech system and Maybe rudder pedals. I’m not interested in yokes as I enjoy flying helicopter’s also, Any recommendations? 

On 9/27/2022 at 1:00 AM, AlamoVampire said:

I run logitechs rhino x56 hotas. I would suggest the 56 for flight simming as it has more switches but far more importantly you can split the throttle into dual engine controls. Its a bit more pricy iirc than the 52 but its a solid hotas. 

logitech-g-saitek-x56-rhino-v2-flight-co

And I thought my naga mmo mouse with 12 side buttons had lots of stuff. 
Here you got two d pads on top of the stick, you can twist or pull the stick up and down in addition to the standard movements, the throttle is split and has two wheels for trim or similar. 
That is pretty wild. 

On 9/28/2022 at 7:51 PM, AlamoVampire said:

@magnemoeits a fantastic hotas. Multiple springs for options on how stiff the joystick feels and you can customize its led colors plus much more. Its not top tier but fairly close to it :) 

Nice might look at that setup! I’ve hear QC issues on Logitech brand but can not afford virpl etc. Also want something with hall sensors.

2 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

@Cloakedwand72 ive had mine for a few years now and had no real issues with it. Well aside from deciding what color to set its lights to lol. I went with green. Same color choice on my rig too. Kinda has a Borg glow about it lol. Really is a solid well built setup.

How are the dead-zones of the stick, if I may ask? I went with the Warthog back in the day for it's solid feel, but now sometimes I miss the twist stick. This looks like a contender, but I'm a stickler for that solid feel in sticks. So how is the dead center wiggle on this one? If you compare it to other sticks?

Many thanks in advance, appreciate your time and input.

-Daf

19 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

@Cloakedwand72 ive had mine for a few years now and had no real issues with it. Well aside from deciding what color to set its lights to lol. I went with green. Same color choice on my rig too. Kinda has a Borg glow about it lol. Really is a solid well built setup.

Curious how do the switches feel? Do they feel plasticy also thinking of the thrustmaster TWCS HOTAS. Also does the X56 have hall sensors?

Edited by Cloakedwand72

On 9/28/2022 at 12:14 PM, magnemoe said:

logitech-g-saitek-x56-rhino-v2-flight-co

And I thought my naga mmo mouse with 12 side buttons had lots of stuff. 
Here you got two d pads on top of the stick, you can twist or pull the stick up and down in addition to the standard movements, the throttle is split and has two wheels for trim or similar. 
That is pretty wild. 

Oh I heard lots of mixed things about this set up also https://youtu.be/2Alj15nyi3o.

@Dafni deadzone wiggle on MY set up with the spring im using isnt too bad, few degrees of slop but I think it has more to do with spring strength. Does not affect performance as far as i can tell. Ive been in some wild dog fights and mach 1+ canyon runs in DCS with this stick :D 

@Cloakedwand72 switches feel pretty good for the most part. As to hall sensors im not sure to be honest but id think there are based off a few of the smaller thumb sticks on it, but im not 100% certain

2 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

@Dafni deadzone wiggle on MY set up with the spring im using isnt too bad, few degrees of slop but I think it has more to do with spring strength. Does not affect performance as far as i can tell. Ive been in some wild dog fights and mach 1+ canyon runs in DCS with this stick :D 

@Cloakedwand72 switches feel pretty good for the most part. As to hall sensors im not sure to be honest but id think there are based off a few of the smaller thumb sticks on it, but im not 100% certain

Any stick and throttle with a hall sensor? I’ve been too used with that on my old stick.

@Cloakedwand72 i just did a quick google: 

Adjustable Accuracy

The combination of contact-free Hall effect sensors within the 16-bit aileron and elevator axis, and the adjustable spring tensioning system gives X56 an unprecedented level of sensitivity and control at the stick. Four springs of differing tensions are included for an extra layer of customization.

right now tho logitech says its sold out. Hope this helps :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.