[1.12] kOS-Astrogator v0.2.2

fenrock

kOS-Astrogator

kOS-Astrogator-1.png

A kOS interface to Astrogator for Kerbal Space Program.

Create transfer nodes, and get at other information created by Astrogator from within kOS scripts.

Download: https://github.com/markjfisher/kOS-Astrogator/releases
Where to report bugs: https://github.com/markjfisher/kOS-Astrogator/issues
Source and Docs: https://github.com/markjfisher/kOS-Astrogator 
Addon Docs: https://github.com/markjfisher/kOS-Astrogator/tree/master/GameData/kOS-Astrogator
Licence: GPL v3

This is my first mod. Suggestions for improvements are more than welcome.
Also available in ckan.

Current functionality:

• [v0.1.0] Create Transfer nodes to target bodies, same as clicking Astrogator "node" icons.
  • [v0.1.0] Calculate burn information without creating nodes, returning a BurnModel to hold the relevant data (see image) that can be used in kOS, and turn that data directly into a node.
  • [v0.1.1] Return version of mod and Astrogator with "version" command.
  • [v0.1.1] Expose some functions from Astrogator's Physics Tools.
  • [v0.1.2] `astrogation` command to return a lexicon of the same data as seen on the Astrogator UI, keyed by target body name.
  • [v0.1.2] Add extensive usage Addon Docs (see link above) for all commands, and values that are returned.
  • [v0.2.0] Changed some of the internal representation and removed ITargetable and CelestialBody types. Created TransferTarget wrapping more kOS like values.
  • [v0.2.1] Add some AN/DN time helpers for ship in its orbit, or generic bodies.
  • [v0.2.2] Use Astrogator v1.0.0 changes and removed duplicate code. No feature changes.

This is a kOS addon, and all functionality is through:

addons:astrogator:<command>

Use the "help" command to see link to main docs.

Acknowledgements:

•  @HebaruSan for a great mod, and helping get setup. 
  • @JonnyOThan for suggestions on Discord, and pointing me to Kos-Scansat where I found lots of helpful code I would have spent ages trying to work out otherwise.

Edited by fenrock
v0.2.2 update

kOS-Astrogator v0.1.1 is released

• Added some functions from Astrogator's physics tools

This doesn't add much functionality, just a testing release to fix the KerbalChangeLog file from previous release with correct website link, and also to test if it's picked up automatically by ckan, or if I have to do something to force it.

(Edit: For future me to read, it just worked after creating a release in the repo).

Edited by fenrock

3 hours ago, fenrock said:

test if it's picked up automatically by ckan, or if I have to do something to force it.

(Edit: For future me to read, it just worked after creating a release in the repo).

Yup, there's a bot that checks every mod in CKAN for updates every 30 minutes (minus those not being updated anymore, minus some on SpaceDock which get instantaneous updates a different way) and automatically adds them. And after a new mod is added to the database, it can take up to 5 minutes for GitHub to start serving up that newer version of the metadata to users. So I typically tell people "35 minutes or less".

kOS-Astrogator v0.1.2 is released

• Added `astrogation` command to expose Astrogator UI table data as a Lexicon in kOS.
  • Added much more extensive usage notes for kOS script devs to quickly see all functions and data available.

The new command adds much more data, with many objects wrapped to be available directly to your kOS scripts.

All target bodies can now be inspected quickly from the Lexicon without having to constantly run Create command, with burn vectors, and target object data exposed for easy access in kOS.

kOS-Astrogator v0.2.0 is released

• Removed ITargetable and CelestialBody structures
  • Created TransferTarget instead wrapping kOS objects

Some other smaller fixes to make the values more kOS like, and removing some redundancy.

The version bump to 0.2.0 represents the fact some old data structures have been deleted.
The main interface functions are still the same.

• 2 weeks later...

kOS-Astrogator v0.2.1 is released

• Add some AN/DN time helpers for ship in its orbit, or generic bodies (timeOfAN(body, body), timeOfDN(body, body), timeOfShipAN, timeOfShipDN).

Example usage:

> add node(addons:astrogator:timeOfShipAN, 0, 0, 0).

Edited by fenrock
wrong version number fixed

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.