Show and Tell - Jool Flyby

Ghostii_Space

15 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

but was it that? To me it looked like barely a quarter of an orbit. Three major moons could still easily be behind the camera/planet.

It's kind of a matter of faith. The developers did not want to show them to us, wait half a minute and the issue is closed

48 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

Is this gameplay or a render from the editor? After all, if you fly over Jool, then its satellites should be clearly visible after a half-turn around the planet

Better that we get little teasers, so they can cram a lot of KSP2 in the final push in my opinion

1 hour ago, Ghostii_Space said:

What is your favorite Jool fact?

Jool’s altitude of death isn’t due to pressure, it is the Kraken defending its home. If you get past the death sphere and land, you will inevitably be attacked by the kraken. If the KSP 2 devs have slain the kraken though…

To be brutally honest; for it to be called "Show and Tell" it doesn't really show anything interesting.

Let's be real for a minute. We are officially on the last quarter of 2022. We still haven't got a fair amount of gameplay together other than a launch of Artemis I that skips through the most important phases of flight.

It'd be nice if we got actual gameplay other than two static 10 second shots of a camera pointing at a probe in orbit of Jool.

It's about time we see gameplay with things such as aerodynamic/reentry VFX, collisions, dockings and other events that can show how KSP 2 rivals what KSP1 could/still can offer today. (Or multiplayer, colonies, etc.)

Convince us about KSP2 being worth to move from modded KSP1 on release day with something that is worth watching on one of the latest builds.

Not trying to sound like a douchebag, I'm just as excited about KSP2 as the next person on this forum. I just want to see something that's worth the wait, and I feel like this one doesn't make justice to what the game is supposed to offer.

Edited by MARL_Mk1

18 minutes ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

To be brutally honest; for it to be called "Show and Tell" it doesn't really show anything interesting.

Let's be real for a minute. We are officially on the last quarter of 2022. We still haven't got a fair amount of gameplay together other than a launch of Artemis I that skips through the most important phases of flight.

It'd be nice if we got actual gameplay other than two static 10 second shots of a camera pointing at a probe in orbit of Jool.

It's about time we see gameplay with things such as aerodynamic/reentry VFX, collisions, dockings and other events that can show how KSP 2 rivals what KSP1 could/still can offer today. (Or multiplayer, colonies, etc.)

Convince us about KSP2 being worth to move from modded KSP1 on release day with something that is worth watching on one of the latest builds.

Not trying to sound like a douchebag, I'm just as excited about KSP2 as the next person on this forum. I just want to see something that's worth the wait, and I feel like this one doesn't make justice to what the game is supposed to offer.

They are saving all that and more for the marketing campaign, as they should be.

25 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

They are saving all that and more for the marketing campaign, as they should be.

There is something wrong with a marketing campaign if it creates confusion among some potential buyers. The planets have been shown to us since 2019, the clouds were shown for the first time in the spring of 2021. Well, we realized that there are clouds in the game, won't the developers continue to show us clouds of a different color over other planets once a month? There are six months left before the release, the game has been developed since 2017, that is, the game should be 80-90% ready. Why doesn't the wheel tester make a short video of the rover and show it to us? It seems we have never been shown rovers or anything with wheels. Why wouldn't someone who tests robotic parts show some actuator in action? Maybe someone will fly up to the sun and show a beautiful prominence? Or maybe someone will show how kerbals will now work in laboratories and we will be able to control them? How long will it take to shoot such a video? I think 10 minutes, maybe 20. But for some reason, here on our forum, many people believe that somewhere in the distance there is Russell's teapot extraordinary things or satellites in Jool's orbit that are not shown to us. Here are the new models of engines from the first part of the game, but the planets with clouds, and the rest we have to imagine for ourselves. And if you face the facts, the picture is not too rosy and looks more like the word "remaster with mods" than "2".

28 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

There is something wrong with a marketing campaign if it creates confusion among some potential buyers. The planets have been shown to us since 2019, the clouds were shown for the first time in the spring of 2021. Well, we realized that there are clouds in the game, won't the developers continue to show us clouds of a different color over other planets once a month? There are six months left before the release, the game has been developed since 2017, that is, the game should be 80-90% ready. Why doesn't the wheel tester make a short video of the rover and show it to us? It seems we have never been shown rovers or anything with wheels. Why wouldn't someone who tests robotic parts show some actuator in action? Maybe someone will fly up to the sun and show a beautiful prominence? Or maybe someone will show how kerbals will now work in laboratories and we will be able to control them? How long will it take to shoot such a video? I think 10 minutes, maybe 20. But for some reason, here on our forum, many people believe that somewhere in the distance there is Russell's teapot extraordinary things or satellites in Jool's orbit that are not shown to us. Here are the new models of engines from the first part of the game, but the planets with clouds, and the rest we have to imagine for ourselves. And if you face the facts, the picture is not too rosy and looks more like the word "remaster with mods" than "2".

You are correct, there would be something wrong with the marketing campaign if that was true.

So I’ll keep your comments in mind when it starts.