Nope

G'th

Consider me interested.

However, what's the RAM imprint when compared with "stock" Reborn? It uses 16-32K textures and is a fairly demanding mod. And visuals is something I tend to consider last - I run a parts-heavy install (BDB, Tantares, KNES, SOCK, ACK and a dozen of smaller parts mods), and it can eat up to 25GB out of my 32GB RAM. (Sometimes I seriously consider upgrading to 64GB. "Funny" thing is, I have a good 2x8GB set in my closet, but I can't install it due to CPU fan obstructing one of the RAM slots.)

Edited by biohazard15

Didn't quite intend to post the topic without having all my ducks in a row, but the download is now available. :)  I did do them kind of fast so kindly do report any wonkiness you find. They'll be quick to fix, I'd just need to know what I broke (if anything) and where it came from. 

16 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

Consider me interested.

However, what's the RAM imprint when compared with "stock" Reborn? It uses 16-32K textures and is a fairly demanding mod. And visuals is something I tend to consider last - I run a parts-heavy install (BDB, Tantares, KNES, SOCK, ACK and a dozen of smaller parts mods), and it can eat up to 25GB out of my 32GB RAM. (Sometimes I seriously consider upgrading to 64GB. "Funny" thing is, I have a good 2x8GB set in my closet, but I can't install it due to CPU fan obstructing one of the RAM slots.)

Depends on what texture size you opt for, but the 16k versions should actually be a bit less impactful on RAM if you also follow the recommendation to cull the unused assets from Reborn. Its not going to be a huge difference, but it also isn't excessively more intensive than stock Reborn is. 

A  note regarding RSS Compatibility: 

Technically it could work for RSS with minimal adjusting needed, but I can't be bothered to get an RSS install going to make a version for it. 

The possibility is open to anyone who wants to take on that effort though. I'd be happy to help sort out any issues but it'd be on them to deal with the RSS stuff. The main issues I anticipate would be the config edits and Scatterer adjustments (up to and including a full rebuild). I'd also imagine that the scaling might also cause issues, but I don't know for certain. 

33 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

How do I select between vibrance and truesight mode?

Its separate installs. When you pick your texture size and download it, itll have the two variants. You can install one at a time. 

3 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

I downloaded it and all I got was one.

These are the files I got.unknown.png

If you open SOL 16k it should have the two folders you need to pick from. Open one of them and install that Gamedata to your KSP alongside the Gamedata from SOL Base. Overwrite everything for both. 

1 minute ago, G'th said:

If you open SOL 16k it should have the two folders you need to pick from. Open one of them and install that Gamedata to your KSP alongside the Gamedata from SOL Base. Overwrite everything for both. 

I can't open SOL 16k it's a .7Z and I can't open it.

2 hours ago, DA299 said:

@G'th do the 8k textures have better performance than the 16k native textures of KSRSS-reborn? I'm asking because I can't really run those textures, they tank my framerate; however I was able to run old KSRSS at 8k textures.

They should. There's no reason an 8k texture should be performing worse than 16k ones. 

56 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

Got it downloaded with dependendencies and nothing appears.
Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qnAwwEe27pU_jtqVyKiZE-OH6nWGym6J/view?usp=sharing

It appears you did not install the textures correctly, as your game is not able to locate them. 

When you download one of the texture packs you need to open either TrueSight or Vibrance to extract the gamedata into your KSP folder. If you just drop them in without doing this it won't work properly. 

3 minutes ago, G'th said:

It appears you did not install the textures correctly, as your game is not able to locate them. 

When you download one of the texture packs you need to open either TrueSight or Vibrance to extract the gamedata into your KSP folder. If you just drop them in without doing this it won't work properly. 

I seem to have done a big oopsie.

17 hours ago, Rutabaga22 said:

Still not working.

How old is your copy of ACK? You have a 120MB log file. It contains megabytes of an error that was fixed a while ago. If it's up to date, the next thing you could check is that you've deleted the ICPS folder from ACK since you have BDB installed.

There's also this:

[ERR 20:45:43.212] [Scatterer][Error] Destroying duplicate instance, check your install for duplicate scatterer folders, or nested GameData folders

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.