Spin the Challenge Wheel- Everyone gets a unique challenge to do, Over 200k Unique Challenges, More being added

On 12/11/2022 at 10:26 AM, kspnerd122 said:

Go to Gilly and establish a base, no NERVAs, 1 Launch

SOUNDS FUN!!!!!! At least I can use Skiffs and Hounds... Just a question though, what constitutes a base in your terms?

P.S. Sorry I hadn't replied sooner, it's been a while since I was last on...

On 1/18/2023 at 11:46 PM, BigStar Aerospace said:

SOUNDS FUN!!!!!! At least I can use Skiffs and Hounds... Just a question though, what constitutes a base in your terms?

P.S. Sorry I hadn't replied sooner, it's been a while since I was last on...

a base is any large and permanent planetary structure (or group of structures) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 7:42 PM, kspnerd122 said:

Large is anything that doesnt just look like a large lander

Define a "large lander" please, because I consider a lander as large if it includes seats within habitation modules. Even a simple Mk1 lander can is a large lander (or at least for me).

On 2/9/2023 at 9:49 AM, Nazalassa said:

Even a simple Mk1 lander can is a large lander (or at least for me).

Bruh. Do you even leave Kerbin's atmosphere? :D

On 2/7/2023 at 1:00 PM, Bej Kerman said:

Define large

Hmm. Let's define large (or extra-large if you find this excessive. I'm making room for not only medium and small but tiny too) as some combination of at least two of the following points: mainly consisting of 2.5m or wider parts; having seats for 15+ kerbals (excluding any command parts and science labs); extends past 10m diameter (total measurement taken only from the diameter of stack parts so excluding any interconnecting bits like crew tubes if a landed base or a flashy bone stock grand tour ship); weighs over idk... 100 tons without resources. I may refine this and put it in a Google Doc and define the rest later.

On 2/16/2023 at 5:44 PM, kspnerd122 said:

Go to Bop and return with minimal mass, no Ion Engines

Hello.

My mission report:

Spin the Challenge Wheel, Mission Report. "Go to Bop and return with minimal mass, no Ion Engines"

That was fun and hard at the same time.

The ship was 5,784kg. That is low-mass for the like of me.

I read the mission as (Go to Bop)+(Return with minimum mass)

So no restrictions on going, restriction on return.

It could be read as "Have as little of-the ship left after returning". That would mean just a Kerbal.....

I went by way of F12.

2,920 m/s on board 431 unused.

wE6qSE9.png

02TwwRA.png

HRMXOy2.png

ME

Edited by Martian Emigrant

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 5:57 AM, Fragile-Engineering said:

I'd like to give it a try: please spin the wheel for me!

Preferably "rss/RO/near future mods" (hard)

If not possible then: Stock ksp (hard)

Go to the surface of Mercury and establish a base there. (No caveats because RSS/RO is hard enough)

On 3/11/2023 at 2:56 PM, Fragile-Engineering said:

Great. I haven't done much manned missions in RSS until now and Mercury is also still unvisited. So ... Challenge Accepted! :-)

One more question: Are parts from "Stockalike Station Parts"  allowed?

All Mods Are Permitted so long as you State them

I am wondering if/how I could submit my planet mod for challenges?  It is a pack that has the vast majority of its destinations in other star systems, but it can be chosen whether to start on Kerbin (normal start), Proxility (Pythros System, easy start, 0.8g, 480km, but its atmo is 2.2atm), or Temporalis (Estrela Dobre System, hard start, 780km, 1.75g, 1.6atm), and certain bodies have sections of its surface significantly harder/easier to travel to and from (tidally stretched bodies with REALLY wonky gravity, devastated planet with a giant crater that has nearly its entire atmo pooled into, eyeball planet with an ice cap that half of the time is a literal death sentence attempting to land on, lower areas of a high gravity planet). 

Or is it like.. any planet mod is done at hard difficulty and above?
There are plenty of easy, medium, and hard planets in each system, including two other systems that are their own sets of challenges

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder

On 3/20/2023 at 9:43 PM, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

I am wondering if/how I could submit my planet mod for challenges?  It is a pack that has the vast majority of its destinations in other star systems, but it can be chosen whether to start on Kerbin (normal start), Proxility (Pythros System, easy start, 0.8g, 480km, but its atmo is 2.2atm), or Temporalis (Estrela Dobre System, hard start, 780km, 1.75g, 1.6atm), and certain bodies have sections of its surface significantly harder/easier to travel to and from (tidally stretched bodies with REALLY wonky gravity, devastated planet with a giant crater that has nearly its entire atmo pooled into, eyeball planet with an ice cap that half of the time is a literal death sentence attempting to land on, lower areas of a high gravity planet). 

Or is it like.. any planet mod is done at hard difficulty and above?
There are plenty of easy, medium, and hard planets in each system, including two other systems that are their own sets of challenges

All Planet mods are assumed to be played at Hard difficulty, Send me a list of planets and I can add it to the wheels

• 2 weeks later...

@kspnerd122 Hit me!
Ksp 2 , getting used to pc so i will use easy mode.

Mods:
None.

Plain stock ksp 2.

Edit: No new moons/planets. just ksp 1 with graphics/buggier

Edit 2: I realy suck at docking so... it might be a challenge

Edited by Dunas Only Moon
added edit due to adding a note/ ping

23 hours ago, Dunas Only Moon said:

@kspnerd122 Hit me!
Ksp 2 , getting used to pc so i will use easy mode.

Mods:
None.

Plain stock ksp 2.

Edit: No new moons/planets. just ksp 1 with graphics/buggier

Edit 2: I realy suck at docking so... it might be a challenge

I would like to redirect you to the KSP2 version of this challenge (difficulties adjusted for the dumb bugs)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.