Anyone else seen this KSP2 Kerbin video before? And who is the youtuber Docent Is Playing?

Anth

None of the clips are new (they're all taken from the feature videos on the official KSP YouTube channel). I very much doubt that this is anything to do with official marketing. My guess is that "Docent is playing!" is just excited about the game, and edited the clips himself into YouTube shorts for his channel.

35 minutes ago, Ashandalar said:

None of the clips are new (they're all taken from the feature videos on the official KSP YouTube channel). I very much doubt that this is anything to do with official marketing. My guess is that "Docent is playing!" is just excited about the game, and edited the clips himself into YouTube shorts for his channel.

Thank you.  The following official video has Kerbin from that video I saw as a short. I dont remember seeing it.

59 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Interesting. Looking good. Marketing campaign is clearly underway so that’s a very good sign. 

Not new marketing after all.

10 hours ago, MechBFP said:

It is definitely still marketing. Look at how the clips are prepared. Just because the content being played isn't new doesn't mean it is isn't new marketing.

I agree with @The Azizon this one. If it was real marketing the shorts would have been done on the official KSP youtube. I don't know why but I had this dumb idea that Docent might have been an actual developer. Pretty sure that's not true.

7 hours ago, Anth12 said:

I agree with @The Azizon this one. If it was real marketing the shorts would have been done on the official KSP youtube. I don't know why but I had this dumb idea that Docent might have been an actual developer. Pretty sure that's not true.

I’ll reserve judgement for now but it definitely smells like a piece of a guerrilla marketing campaign to me. 

How is this:

https://youtu.be/p1_1Bcldjc4

Which is a video from a localized channel of the same guy, pointing in any way that it may be some sort of hidden official account?

And Guerrilla did a wonderful marketing campaign by the way, all on their or Playstation profiles. I guess that's not what you meant but I had to include it

2 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Which is a video from a localized channel of the same guy, pointing in any way that it may be some sort of hidden official account?

He has a few links off his about page that you posted including one to reddit. His posts on reddit seem to indicate that hes just a KSP player in the way hes interacting with the people. Hes appears to be quite helpful in the posts that I looked at which is interesting, but nothing points to him being part of the development of KSP1 or KSP2.

9 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

It definitely smells like "I want to get a bunch of views but not do a bunch of work" to me.

That is entirely possible too, like I said I'll withhold judgement for now. Right now all I have is a hunch to go on.

Reddit user Docent_is_playing (Reddit account from his youtube channel) is a moderator of r/KerbalAcademy, so he doesn't seem to be a nobody in the community. The clips were from previous feature videos and not original. From what i've looked through his reddit account he seems like a nice and very helpful person.

On 10/18/2022 at 9:56 AM, Anth12 said:

He has a few links off his about page that you posted including one to reddit. His posts on reddit seem to indicate that hes just a KSP player in the way hes interacting with the people. Hes appears to be quite helpful in the posts that I looked at which is interesting, but nothing points to him being part of the development of KSP1 or KSP2.

1 hour ago, Crazy Inventor said:

Reddit user Docent_is_playing (Reddit account from his youtube channel) is a moderator of r/KerbalAcademy, so he doesn't seem to be a nobody in the community. The clips were from previous feature videos and not original. From what i've looked through his reddit account he seems like a nice and very helpful person.

indeed