[1.12.x][WIP]SPOCK-Shuttle Pathfinder Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Nuclear Shuttle Pathfinder From FAM | v0.2.0

rogerwang86

4 hours ago, Soviet_Velir said:

Congratulations on the release of this wonderful mod!Pathfinder is  just great!
But I have a question: how can it be easily launched into space?:P
Or does everyone have their own fantasy have to work here?
I just tried to combine the shuttle and the A300, and was able to take off only 2000m by plane, which is very little

cSzAB6PjIGxA6_x48hYN-s4-v8IH4ug8-DfZxzdu

I believe there are plans to make a C-5 Galaxy mod to carry it.

2 hours ago, Socowez said:

Я полагаю, что есть планы сделать мод C-5 Galaxy для его переноски.

Yes, I looked at the author's Twitter a little later, the aircraft development process is visible there)

16 hours ago, Soviet_Velir said:

Congratulations on the release of this wonderful mod!Pathfinder is  just great!
But I have a question: how can it be easily launched into space?:P
Or does everyone have their own fantasy have to work here?
I just tried to combine the shuttle and the A300, and was able to take off only 2000m by plane, which is very little

cSzAB6PjIGxA6_x48hYN-s4-v8IH4ug8-DfZxzdu

The carrier is  too weak, you need something bigger and stronger. At least one with more than 4 engines

8 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Is there a decoupler for this or is it just use the OV-100 decoupler for now?

I have been using the OV-100 decoupling while patiently waiting for OV-200 mounting hardware. 
there is a OV-200 Adapeter part that is the fuel passthough doors that acts like a docking port. Been meaning to ask @rogerwang86if a version of that part could be made for the OV-100 like the drag chute has a version for OV-100

On 11/19/2022 at 3:14 AM, Cdodders said:

Is there a decoupler for this or is it just use the OV-100 decoupler for now?

On 11/19/2022 at 11:40 AM, xD-FireStriker said:

I have been using the OV-100 decoupling while patiently waiting for OV-200 mounting hardware. 
there is a OV-200 Adapeter part that is the fuel passthough doors that acts like a docking port. Been meaning to ask @rogerwang86if a version of that part could be made for the OV-100 like the drag chute has a version for OV-100

SPOCK will have its own decoupler, release with C-5 galaxy carrier.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, targaryen said:

Any tips to stop it from spinning like crazy when I fire the Nerva in space? The COT of the engine isn't aligned with the COM so it just goes crazy in space

you're going to have to realign the engine in the VAB/SPH download "RCS Build Aid Continued", set the NERVA as the first stage so the yellow arrow is coming out of it, then use the move tool to shift the engine up and down until the torque in the RCS Build Aid tab is as close to zero. then stick on a couplebig reaction wheels for good measure.

Edited by zakkpaz

• 3 weeks later...

There seems to be a bug which causes the game to lag immensely with this mod, for whatever reason. This seems to be some discrepancy with Dynamic Battery Storage. The log gets spammed with this error, and the game starts running at 2fps.

[EXC 03:44:38.181] ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: 4763.624
Parameter name: key
    System.Collections.Generic.SortedList`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) (at <ef151b6abb5d474cb2c1cb8906a8b5a4>:0)
    Atmosphere.DeferredVolumetricCloudsRenderer.EnableForThisFrame (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer mr, UnityEngine.Material mat) (at <f4ebddcb2f0b4cd7807b74c8ecba5505>:0)
    Atmosphere.DeferredVolumetricCloudsRenderer.EnableForThisFrame (UnityEngine.Camera cam, UnityEngine.MeshRenderer mr, UnityEngine.Material mat) (at <f4ebddcb2f0b4cd7807b74c8ecba5505>:0)
    Atmosphere.DeferredRendererNotifier.OnWillRenderObject () (at <f4ebddcb2f0b4cd7807b74c8ecba5505>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 03:44:38.213] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: [ModuleCryoTankPowerHandler]: Critical configuration error: Multiple ModuleCryoTank nodes found with identical or no moduleName
[EXC 03:44:38.214] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    DynamicBatteryStorage.ModuleCryoTankPowerHandler.GetFuelTypes () (at <ce8c094d51db45938ad65ca113e0ce60>:0)
    DynamicBatteryStorage.ModuleCryoTankPowerHandler.Initialize (PartModule pm) (at <ce8c094d51db45938ad65ca113e0ce60>:0)
    DynamicBatteryStorage.VesselElectricalData.SetupDataHandler (PartModule pm) (at <ce8c094d51db45938ad65ca113e0ce60>:0)
    DynamicBatteryStorage.VesselData.RefreshData (System.Boolean fromScratch, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] vesselParts) (at <ce8c094d51db45938ad65ca113e0ce60>:0)
    DynamicBatteryStorage.VesselData..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] vesselParts) (at <ce8c094d51db45938ad65ca113e0ce60>:0)
    DynamicBatteryStorage.VesselElectricalData..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] vesselParts) (at <ce8c094d51db45938ad65ca113e0ce60>:0)
    DynamicBatteryStorage.VesselDataManager.RefreshVesselData () (at <ce8c094d51db45938ad65ca113e0ce60>:0)
    DynamicBatteryStorage.VesselDataManager.FixedUpdate () (at <ce8c094d51db45938ad65ca113e0ce60>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 03:44:38.251] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: [ModuleCryoTankPowerHandler]: Critical configuration error: Multiple ModuleCryoTank nodes found with identical or no moduleName

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know I said this before, but thanks for making this mod. I think Pathfinder is one of my favorite fictional takes on the space shuttle, and this addon brought it to life in KSP.
Now the reason I'm bringing this up is because I've been doing some graphic design stuff for my newer craft (nothing official, just for fun). So I felt like making one for the OV-200 orbiter series.
Heads up, gonna be pretty big.
52765489328_d0ab3dc526_o.png

On 12/17/2022 at 6:47 PM, Grond said:

There seems to be a bug which causes the game to lag immensely with this mod, for whatever reason. This seems to be some discrepancy with Dynamic Battery Storage. The log gets spammed with this error, and the game starts running at 2fps.

I'm still encountering this issue, could anyone provide a potential temporary fix since it's been months since the last update? I would fix it myself, but I don't know code :(

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, eagleswing12 said:

Roger don’t abandon his mod challenge (impossible)

seriously, he’s abandoned several of his mods before and hasn’t returned to any of them: don’t expect this time to be different.

That's a shame. I've already replaced this in my save file, but hopefully someone will adopt the mod and actually maintain it. Thanks for the reply anyway :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found a fix for the wobbling gear and the null reference with dynamic Battery storage 

-Gear: Set the line 139 in OV_noseGear.cfg to 10 (or lower if its still wobble)

-Null Reference: remove line 189-200 OV2_midFuselage.cfg

Disclamer: I only played with the fixes a bit and only on a simple install. 

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.