Kerbal Space Program 2 Release into Early Access Feb 24th

Intercept Games

Ah, now I can breathe.  I'm betting some people will be disappointed with the EA status. It would seem none of the advanced features people have been waiting for and the team has been teasing  are ready? Well personally I'm happy with the announcement, and not really surprised by it. Many in the community had no interest in some of those advanced features. Knowing that we won't have to wait longer for for those aspects to be polished, feels like we were heard. I imagine someone had to swallow their pride to go ahead with the EA. It would appear that some help will be required to slay the kraken. And like the video says, that just feels like the kerbal way.

9 minutes ago, tater said:

No Mac version, so I'll never buy this, even though I also have a PC.

Not at first, but it'll be available on mac at some point.

1 hour ago, Intercept Games said:

Will Mac or Linux versions come out in Early Access?

These versions are part of our extended roadmap. We’ll share more information at a later date.            

12 minutes ago, Ghostii_Space said:

While in Early Access, we are releasing to PC. After Early Access, we will be looking to release on as many platforms as we can! 

Nice to hear, there have been threads where this was asked and no such answer was forthcoming.

Is I the only one wanting to see that the hidden feature right of multiplayer is? Its intentional blurred. 

KSP2_Steam_About_ROADMAP_EN.thumb.png.bf

With muliplayer the game will be feature complete as I see it. Except its just two interstellar locations but don't see any reason to hide that. 
Star systems are also  pretty different from multiplayer in that its created by artists but multiplayer is coding. 

1 minute ago, magnemoe said:

Except its just two interstellar locations but don't see any reason to hide that. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we see more star systems added even after the game is fully released, either through free updates or DLC. 

45 minutes ago, memphis_mg said:

i just don't see the advantages this part should bring/create to the game especially if you put that against the time and effort to implement a system that should ensure timewarps, resource management of multiple clients and other accounting stuff in mp for the fact that you might NEVER see each other again after launch.

I was a multiplayer skeptic for a long time but after a bunch of discussion Im pretty excited about it. Besides things like rover races sounding pretty fun Im most excited to be able to build stations and colonies cooperatively with others, each delivering resources and modules just like the ISS, but eventually building all the way up to interstellar vessels. I also love teaching this game so being able to walk folks through new ideas and problem solving in the same space sounds amazing. 

Make sure you have a solid bug reporting / feedback system in place during early access

I've played a few successful early access games and try to submit bug reports whenever I encounter something.  I'm a verification engineer in real life so I'm already in the habit of simplifying bugs down to an easy-to-replicate base case and capturing useful details.  There's nothing worse than putting in this extra effort (as a player) and feel like you're just dropping your feedback into a void.  Here are some suggestions specifically around bug reporting when the early access period begins.

1. Use a ticket-based system (similar to jira) and not a forum-based system.
  2. Separate each bug report into multiple fields rather than dumping everything into a single text field.  For example...
    - Title
    - Category (Graphics, Physics, UI, Crashes, VAB, etc).  There should also be a category for "Suggestions" or things that aren't strictly bugs but may be grindy or cumbersome.
    - Bug Description
    - Replication steps
  3. Each ticket should have a status field that is visible to the player submitting it.  Even if my feedback won't be incorporated into the game, I want to know that it was read by someone and given a minute or two of thought.  Here are some possible states for a ticket:
    - Pending Review
    - Accepted
    - Assigned (As in, there is now a specific human who is responsible for this task, even if they aren't working on it right now)
    - Rejected (Please include the reason: Duplicate, Cannot Replicate, Not In Scope, Missing Information)
    - Resolved
  4. The list of bug reports should be publicly viewable and searchable to avoid duplicate reports.
  5. Building on #4, players should be able to upvote and add comments on existing bugs if they encounter the same issue or know a workaround
  6. Allow reasonable attachments to be uploaded, such as save files, craft files, and images.

• Community Lead
31 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Will it release on X box one? 

All platforms are being considered, but for Early Access we're focused on giving the Community the best possible experience and with that PC is our focus for now. 

got a question and some feedback

will there be a way to turn down the glowyness of stuff (like change the bloom)
because i like the first pic for how it looks
unknown.png|

but here it feels like i am looking through a glass or something cause of the glowyness/shinyness
unknown.png
unknown.png

Edited by CEO of China

10 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

I also love teaching this game so being able to walk folks through new ideas and problem solving in the same space sounds amazing. 

For when multiplayer gets implemented it would be nice to have the ability to spectate other players vessels. Maybe even interact at the same time, where pilot gets control over thrust and attitude, scientist over experiments and engineer over ship systems etc.  Just imagine being able to recreate Apollo with some friends and work together to make a succesful mission :D

12 minutes ago, Nerdy_Mike said:

All platforms are being considered, but for Early Access we're focused on giving the Community the best possible experience and with that PC is our focus for now. 

Im psyched Mac is maybe in the cards down the road. This may be difficult to answer but what are the chances KSP2 will work on Parallels or another emulator? 

Edited by Pthigrivi

Oh yeah that's something I noticed in the Mun pic a couple of weeks ago 

Please.

No smudgy screen effects. It ruins every game. I know it can be probably turned off with one click but it's very unnecessary to be there in the first place.

I don't like smudges on my glasses (it annoys my eyes) and I won't like this.

Water that dries off, or dust from the engine exhaust hitting the regolith that disappears, they're fine. But nothing that stays on.

Edited by The Aziz

10 minutes ago, CEO of China said:

got a question and some feedback
will there be a way to turn down the glowyness of stuff
because i like the first pic for how it looks
(pictures removed)
but here it feels like i am looking through a glass or something cause of the glowyness/shinyness

The bloom is a bit much, but that may just be for cinematic purposes. I think it would look better without that effect, but the general lighting won't change. Some surfaces are simply reflective, like Minmus's ceramic surface. Based on the second and third pictures, I think it's just a filter, since the light spots are in exactly the same positions. I personally have no issue with the first one.