Kerbal Space Program 2 Release into Early Access Feb 24th

Intercept Games

1 hour ago, Vl3d said:

Pay the damn 50$ and show we want it too.

The thing is here 50$ is  7000 argentinan pesos +60% in taxes wich turns it into 10000 pesos wich is nearly a thenth of the average salary. This ends up deferring a lot of people from buying the game [snip].

Edited by adsii1970
Post edited by a member of the moderation team.

It's been like that for a long time here in some parts of Europe as well. $50 is nearly a ⅒ of latest monthly income for me as well. (Also, you don't have tax included in converted price?) We always lived in a world where videogames were a luxury goods, that hasn't changed. 

Edited by Deddly
minor snippage

7 hours ago, Vl3d said:

This repositoryshows that these systems have been in the works for years now. There is nothing (at least in there) supporting the claim that any systems are done. We can make estimates on how complete they are (for example, engine exhaust looks at least almost done) but we can’t say they are fully complete for sure. 

21 minutes ago, darthgently said:

High taxation is a real issue, but the solution can't rest solely on vendors lowering prices below cost as that just ends up propping up the bad tax policy and the difference has to come from somewhere.  Tough problem for certain

When vendors sell a taxed product, they can still maximize profit by looking at how many units they can sell at those higher prices versus how much money they receive per unit. This happens for any tax or subsidy amount. I’m not too concerned about profits since they mostly go to T2 anyways and funding will be based on sales and not profits

There are plenty of valid arguments in each direction of the “completeness” debate.   Some evidence implies it’s almost done, other evidence implies the opposite.    The only people that know are the devs.   There is no reason to badger or harass each other over what amounts to splitting hairs.  

$50 is 1/10 of your income? Jeez... Here in midwestern U.S. I make around $2,000 a month from low income jobs, yet I only have about $200 to $100 left after paying electric, gas, heating, property, and etc. bills. As well as car payments. And hospital bills... Even $100 dollars left is lucky.... Then most of that is spent on food.... I'm gonna have to save up for this game.... And it's not even coming out on PS4 for a WHILEEE, probably not until the full version. Can we as humans all agree that many of us are in different situations and circumstances and accept that we should stop arguing about the price because it's definitely not going to change due to them being based in Mexico City in which their circumstances aren't much better than many of ours. They're not a super big company. But then again I've done minimal research on them so please don't quote me on anything and take each word with a grain of salt except for my personal life experiences in the first part of this paragraph.

1 hour ago, BigStar Aerospace said:

$50 is 1/10 of your income? Jeez... Here in midwestern U.S. I make around $2,000 a month from low income jobs, yet I only have about $200 to $100 left after paying electric, gas, heating, property, and etc. bills. As well as car payments. And hospital bills... Even $100 dollars left is lucky.... Then most of that is spent on food.... I'm gonna have to save up for this game.... And it's not even coming out on PS4 for a WHILEEE, probably not until the full version. Can we as humans all agree that many of us are in different situations and circumstances and accept that we should stop arguing about the price because it's definitely not going to change due to them being based in Mexico City in which their circumstances aren't much better than many of ours. They're not a super big company. But then again I've done minimal research on them so please don't quote me on anything and take each word with a grain of salt except for my personal life experiences in the first part of this paragraph.

It is no longer coming out on the PS4. Its coming out on the PS5

16 hours ago, Kapitalizing Every Word said:

The thing is here 50$ is  7000 argentinan pesos +60% in taxes wich turns it into 10000 pesos wich is nearly a thenth of the average salary. This ends up deferring a lot of people from buying the game

4 hours ago, BigStar Aerospace said:

$50 is 1/10 of your income? .... And it's not even coming out on PS4 for a WHILEEE

See you think you have it bad? BigStar Aerospace has to play it on a CONSOLE.

I, for one, am very excited for Early Access. KSP1 was in early access before it was even called early access, and no doubt the game was better off because of the feedback gained. I think we all just need to calm down about this.

9 hours ago, BigStar Aerospace said:

due to them being based in Mexico City in which their circumstances aren't much better than many of ours. They're not a super big company. 

This was true of Squad, the developers of the original KSP. The intellectual property was sold, and now "Take Two" (one of the biggest and well-funded game studios in the world) owns and is working on KSP2.

1 hour ago, TLTay said:

This was true of Squad, the developers of the original KSP. The intellectual property was sold, and now "Take Two" (one of the biggest and well-funded game studios in the world) owns and is working on KSP2.

Which are primarily based out of Seattle.

And I'm interested in this question. T2 blocked the sale of all games in Russia and Belarus due to the mental aggravation of politicians and businessmen. KSP2 was also blocked in the incentive even for viewing. However, now a game in early access has appeared on Steam, but for example, KSP1 cannot be bought. What does this mean? That T2 will soon remember its policy and remove the game from Steam? Or maybe T2 allows you to use an earlier version, and then 1.0 will be blocked again? Or is KSP2 the only game from T2 that can be downloaded in Russia and Belarus in the future?

On 10/26/2022 at 11:03 PM, BigStar Aerospace said:

ICK I am... TO SAY THE LEAST... disappointed. So now I not only have to save up for the game itself, but a PS5?????? ICKKKKK

im not trying to sound rude or elitism about this but a console from 2013 with mid range GPU from 2014, (closest is gtx 750 ti) its not perfect but gives an understanding of where its at for other computer users.

It been slowly going from a "beast for its price" to "its so cheap for the performance get it" to "its cheap get it" to "if you need a GPU to play esports games get it"  to now as of 2022, get it if you NEED a gpu..

From what i can understand of the budget market place of GPU's (i been there so i understand) the gtx 750 ti is slowly becoming "unusable" as in not able to get enough visual and frame rate at the same time, however older games like GTA 5 still works wonders on it however, constantly updated games, or newer games are going to start really struggling, most modern games are almost not useable/enjoyable, the easiest reference i can say is most modern games that are "AAA" games require to play on 720p minimum settings to get even 30fps, but games that support FSR 2.0 or have it you can play with 1080p balanced/performance mode, with setting still near minimum.. the gpu is worth at the lowest around 40 usd, and people that can afford upgrades are going between a gtx 1060 and a gtx 970/980 depending on which one is the lowest cost and due to them having only 4gb they cost around 100 usd combined, which at the worst performance of the bunch the gtx 970 the gtx 750 ti on average is 60% slower than it. and at this point the gtx 970 is turning into the "minimum requirement" once again to play the most modern games at 1080p..

I expect this game to "work" with a gtx 1060 6gb, but play well with rtx 2000 series and above... but its to be expected at that point. and the ps5 is around the rtx 2070 performance.... which in reference is 75% better than the gtx 750 ti.

but it honestly to god comes down to optimizations.. but i really don't expect the xbox one and ps4 come as a "front" from what visuals we have seen with ksp 2 even in the alpha state.

Yet another reminder that graphically old gen can do wonders and I'm not making that up. Take a look at any game in the last 4 years. Even those released this year. They still work at 30 frames (hardware limitation specifically to keep that framerate stable) in 1080p.

5 hours ago, Stephensan said:

the rtx 2070 performance.... which in reference is 75% better than the gtx 750 ti.

Thats actually around 500 percent more performance, but doesn't necessarily translate into 500 percent more fps. 

Coming in a bit late.  Longtime lurker here, much longer time player (since late 2012 (?) north of 3K hours, been and returned from everywhere but Tylo and surface of Eve) last I looked.

I’m pumped, and am looking forward to Early Access with great anticipation.  I had a hell of a good time playing KSP1 in early access, learning the new systems, upping my game because of the sudden lack of souposphere, and so forth.  I can’t wait to get started with an improved, more polished, much bigger version of my favourite game ever.

52 minutes ago, Wheehaw Kerman said:

Coming in a bit late.  Longtime lurker here, much longer time player (since late 2012 (?) north of 3K hours, been and returned from everywhere but Tylo and surface of Eve) last I looked.

I’m pumped, and am looking forward to Early Access with great anticipation.  I had a hell of a good time playing KSP1 in early access, learning the new systems, upping my game because of the sudden lack of souposphere, and so forth.  I can’t wait to get started with an improved, more polished, much bigger version of my favourite game ever.

judging by the announcement at the start, you will not get anything new except graphic changes, you will not even have science and most likely a full-fledged career mode.

4 hours ago, Gex said:

judging by the announcement at the start, you will not get anything new except graphic changes, you will not even have science and most likely a full-fledged career mode.

I can live with that.  It’ll be fun poking around seeing whether old designs still work, revisiting old haunts and admiring the shiny new scenery, and testing out the new bits.

5 hours ago, Gex said:

judging by the announcement at the start, you will not get anything new except graphic changes, you will not even have ... a full-fledged career mode.

To be fair, we don't have a full-fledged career mode now.

Posted this on the facebook page, but I'm gonna post it here too. Frankly you (KSP2 devs/publisher/whoever makes these decisions) are taking the mickey a bit.

Assuming the full game is still going to be $60 you are asking for 83% of the price for a game that  has about 20% of the promised features. It's not even got feature parity with it's predecessor. NONE of the features that make it a sequel? Just a gimped version of the first game that looks prettier? (before anyone points me to the roadmap, you buy Early Access games on what they look like now, not what you hope they will look like in the future).

We've been here before, this stinks of running out of money. Exactly the same thing happened with KSP1 and the rush to 1.0 and Career mode died as a result.

Edited by severedsolo

38 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Assuming the full game is still going to be $60 you are asking for 83% of the price for a game that  has about 20% of the promised features. It's not even got feature parity with it's successor

Actually they are asking $50 for the full game, and giving you the chance to play, and test, bits of it before it is fully released. At which point the price then goes up to $60, but you won't pay any extra, and have already been playing for however many months at a discount.

We have already seen videos of most of the additional features, so we know they are already working to some degree.

4 minutes ago, pandaman said:

Actually they are asking $50 for the full game, and giving you the chance to play, and test, bits of it before it is fully released. At which point the price then goes up to $60, but you won't pay any extra, and have already been playing for however many months at a discount.

We have already seen videos of most of the additional features, so we know they are already working to some degree.

It is still a gamble. As with any Early Access game there is no guarantee those features will ever actually be released.

Now to be fair is likely a fairly low risk gamble, but it’s not 0%. 

1 minute ago, MechBFP said:

It is still a gamble. As with any Early Access game there is no guarantee those features will ever actually be released.

Now to be fair is likely a fairly low risk gamble, but it’s not 0%. 

Yes, absolutely.

43 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

NONE of the features that make it a sequel? Just a gimped version of the first game that looks prettier?

Nope.

A new game that looks like a prettier KSP1, but we know it isn't.

Things like burn under warp, procedural wings, and the new terrain system. Along with the improved and rewritten code (that you can't see from a trailer) is what makes the game sequel worthy.

Colonization and interstellar travel, orbital construction and extraplanetary launchpads on the scale we've seen shown are only enabled by that kind of improvement and refactoring that's happening under the hood.

That's the improvement you're buying at D1 of the early access.