Kerbal Space Program 2 Release into Early Access Feb 24th

Intercept Games

27 minutes ago, dogecoin investor said:

Did they confirm the full price at release will still be $60 ? I highly suspect this will change since the early access announce at $50, a $10 increase seems low.

I actually don't know but I feel at least partly responsible for that price guess because I was spitballing earlier based on the $50 early access and the usual price for AAA games in the U.S.

Edited by regex

1 hour ago, Superfluous J said:

No it's $50 for the unfinished game and IF they release the complete game later you get that free.

Doesn't matter how likely that is, it's still an IF.

Never buy a game based on what it might become. Buy it based on what's there right now.

Even KSP2.

(All IMO)

I completely agree with this. Understand the situation before you buy it: you are buying a product that you are expected to test and contribute to, for $50, with a certain current state and a possibility of improvement on that current state. You are potentially saving $10 or more from a future price you would pay, and you are getting the benefit of a product in your hands sooner. If you don’t like the current product, consider not buying it. I know that if the game performs decently, is less infuriatingly buggy than KSP 1, and I can get it to run on Linux or a virtual windows machine on unconventional hardware, I will be buying it because even the unfinished state with the expectation to play test is worth $50 to me. 

23 minutes ago, dogecoin investor said:

Source?

By "free" he means that assuming you purchased the game in Early Access then you get everything in the Early Access roadmap, including version 1.0 (the end of early access) without paying anything extra, assuming they release it. There is always a risk something could happen and those updates never comes out, but in this case I would classify that as a really low risk.

Edited by MechBFP

46 minutes ago, dogecoin investor said:

Yes I thought so, but to clarify, they haven't stated that the roadmap features are included in the early access, and the label "early access" is applied specifically to the first section only while those features each have their own section  (not sure what each part of a roadmap is called)

The OP says: "The 1.0 version of KSP 2 will include significantly more features than the Early Access version, such as what you see on the roadmap plus other items added along the way."

6 hours ago, dogecoin investor said:

Yes I thought so, but to clarify, they haven't stated that the roadmap features are included in the early access

Yes they have, multiple times.
I can't be bothered to find the posts right now, so i am sure someone else will.

6 hours ago, dogecoin investor said:

Yes I thought so, but to clarify, they haven't stated that the roadmap features are included in the early access, and the label "early access" is applied specifically to the first section only while those features each have their own section  (not sure what each part of a roadmap is called)

If you don't trust them to use the industry-standard definition of Early Access you shouldn't trust them with anything.

That wouldn't just be miscommunication, it would be misinformation. I'd go so far as to call it a downright lie.

Wow! I can’t believe it took me nearly 10 days to notice this. I need to get out of the Science & Spaceflight and Spacecraft Exchange sections and explore the forum a bit more lol.

I am amazed we are getting so much for just 50 dollars, it seems like so little considering how expansive and sophisticated the game will eventually become.

The only thing that worries me is having a proper amount of personnel to cover the huge influx of feedback. I’m sure they have that down though.

24 minutes ago, SunlitZelkova said:

Wow! I can’t believe it took me nearly 10 days to notice this. I need to get out of the Science & Spaceflight and Spacecraft Exchange sections and explore the forum a bit more lol.

It took me this long. But I haven't even logged on the forums in 8 months at least. I logged in on a whim to see this. I am kinda disappointed that it won't be on Xbox and PS immediately, but I understand why and I hope that it comes quickly. 

On 11/1/2022 at 7:18 AM, Jacob Kerman said:

I was wondering, related to KSP2, that if we would have a part list posted online for public review, to plan ahead and just see what there will be?

Great suggestion, but I believe that it would be difficult to keep it up to date, but only if the updates come rapidly and add new parts and textures and paint schemes/ colors.

With that being said, I love the idea, and would like to see that, or potentially even a dumbed down version of the VAB/SPH where you could place parts together and view that. It would require another level of coding within a website, and would be difficult to implement, but could be an extremely useful tool. 

I was going to put more suggestions to KSP2 here, but this is not the thread for it.

12 hours ago, Mikenike said:

Great suggestion, but I believe that it would be difficult to keep it up to date, but only if the updates come rapidly and add new parts and textures and paint schemes/ colors.

With that being said, I love the idea, and would like to see that, or potentially even a dumbed down version of the VAB/SPH where you could place parts together and view that. It would require another level of coding within a website, and would be difficult to implement, but could be an extremely useful tool. 

I was going to put more suggestions to KSP2 here, but this is not the thread for it.

Do you know which thread that is?

53 minutes ago, Jacob Kerman said:

Do you know which thread that is?

If you want to look at the suggestions, the sub-forum is accessible from the main page under the KSP 2 section. I’ll link it here too:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/112-ksp-2-suggestions-development-discussion/

If you want to suggest some things, you can start your own thread in that sub-forum. Alternatively, there are a few threads for small suggestions that don’t merit full threads. I’ll link one here:

I hope this helps, and welcome to the forums!

Question: Is there a possibility we will get a* Orion drive with the release on 2-24?

It isn't really interstellar, it's not the "next-gen tech" described as part of the future interstellar update, and it would qualify under the "new generation of engines" and "new parts" described as part of the 2-24 release.

On the other hand, if the scope of the 2-24 release is intended to be the baseline Kerbolar experience alone, they would want to stick with technology that exists in KSP1- chemical rockets, NTRs, and ion engines.

*I say "a" Orion drive because there could be huge versions that qualify as interstellar parts, but some of the real life proposals could fit on a single Saturn V, and thus a small-enough Orion to do interplanetary missions (and thus not go outside the scope of what they want to release right now by being interstellar level) and fit on chemical rockets could be a possible new part for the 2-24 release. Larger Orion drives would have to wait for the interstellar update, of course.

I'm thinking they are going to keep the first release as close to KSP 1 as possible so that when we give feedback, they have a "control" to compare it to.

Edited by Meecrob

The

7 hours ago, SunlitZelkova said:

new generation of engines

is literally 

7 hours ago, SunlitZelkova said:

next-gen tech

And I didn't see a single shot of Orion in the video, so I assume it comes out later - probably along colonies, as it would make a lot of sense to carry first inflatable habitats to start a colony using nuclear pulse engine.

On 10/27/2022 at 9:34 AM, Superfluous J said:

has to play it on a CONSOLE.

On a color graphic display KSP looks much better.

24 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

And I didn't see a single shot of Orion in the video, so I assume it comes out later

Let's just hope they aren't restricted by the nukes-in-space Treaty.

1 hour ago, Fullmetal Analyst said:

hipsters would get triggered from promoting nukes

I think you mean Hippies. As a hipster Im offended. As we often are. 

OT I really hope we see NSW rockets at some point. I've been using the ones Nertea built for FFT and they are great

Edited by Pthigrivi

wooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO̵̗͐O̶̠͆O̷̩͛Ŏ̵̜̼̝̖͚̥̯̋͌̔̀͋͒͒̚͜Õ̸̜̪͈̻͔̗̫̱̓Ö̷̲̤̰́̈́͝͝Ǫ̷͚͖̟̥͔͙͈͉͎̠̱͊̒̒̆̆̂̈́͌̓̔̀͜͝͝O̴̞̦̺̲̤̅̾͗̈̍Ö̴̘͕̝̟̠̼̲̣̪̘͔́̊̓̍̃͌̀̽̚Ǫ̵̪̙̻̾͐͋̈́̇̌͑̀̊̏͌̒͋́̋́͛̒͌̀͠O̸͔̳̫͍̝̥͉͚͔͔̳̫͕̰̼̖̮̺̎́̑̄̊͒̉̈́̽̏͆̆̔̀́͜ͅͅͅO̴̡̡̱̜̤̩̥̪̖͚̜̠̼̜͙̼̮͇̪͗̃͒͂̇͜͜ͅỢ̵̢̧̲̞͚͍͉͈̻͓̯̼̜̺̗̥̩͖̲͉̤̰̯̝͈̤̜͎͓̝̱̞͍̤̙̤̠͉͇̟͉̏̿̈̍̏́̿̃͆̈́͒̌̈̋̏̈͛̓̐͆̽̈́́̇̽͐̉̍͋̓̂̆̄́͊͑͆̄͂͗̈́͛̿̎͐̓̕̕͜͜͝ͅͅỜ̷̡̗̳͔̠̝̟̮̥̩͓̲͉̠̟͇͇̩̘̓͛̈́͂́̇͒̃̓̉̽͊͊͋͑͌̓͋̏̋̊̐̈́̇̀̃͋͐͋̄̈́̓̾̀̕̚͘͘͘͝͝͝ͅǬ̵̢̧̢̧̢͖͉̜͍̭̦͉̗̹̭̞̟͎̤̪̖̟̱̜̮̠̩͓̟͚͚̭͎̱̠̪̤̞̠̲͓̖̮̌͑͋̊̑̂͌̎̌̆̆́̅̽͒̀́̄͌̐̆̕̚͜͜͜͝

14 minutes ago, Stranded Lander said:

wooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO̵̗͐O̶̠͆O̷̩͛Ŏ̵̜̼̝̖͚̥̯̋͌̔̀͋͒͒̚͜Õ̸̜̪͈̻͔̗̫̱̓Ö̷̲̤̰́̈́͝͝Ǫ̷͚͖̟̥͔͙͈͉͎̠̱͊̒̒̆̆̂̈́͌̓̔̀͜͝͝O̴̞̦̺̲̤̅̾͗̈̍Ö̴̘͕̝̟̠̼̲̣̪̘͔́̊̓̍̃͌̀̽̚Ǫ̵̪̙̻̾͐͋̈́̇̌͑̀̊̏͌̒͋́̋́͛̒͌̀͠O̸͔̳̫͍̝̥͉͚͔͔̳̫͕̰̼̖̮̺̎́̑̄̊͒̉̈́̽̏͆̆̔̀́͜ͅͅͅO̴̡̡̱̜̤̩̥̪̖͚̜̠̼̜͙̼̮͇̪͗̃͒͂̇͜͜ͅỢ̵̢̧̲̞͚͍͉͈̻͓̯̼̜̺̗̥̩͖̲͉̤̰̯̝͈̤̜͎͓̝̱̞͍̤̙̤̠͉͇̟͉̏̿̈̍̏́̿̃͆̈́͒̌̈̋̏̈͛̓̐͆̽̈́́̇̽͐̉̍͋̓̂̆̄́͊͑͆̄͂͗̈́͛̿̎͐̓̕̕͜͜͝ͅͅỜ̷̡̗̳͔̠̝̟̮̥̩͓̲͉̠̟͇͇̩̘̓͛̈́͂́̇͒̃̓̉̽͊͊͋͑͌̓͋̏̋̊̐̈́̇̀̃͋͐͋̄̈́̓̾̀̕̚͘͘͘͝͝͝ͅǬ̵̢̧̢̧̢͖͉̜͍̭̦͉̗̹̭̞̟͎̤̪̖̟̱̜̮̠̩͓̟͚͚̭͎̱̠̪̤̞̠̲͓̖̮̌͑͋̊̑̂͌̎̌̆̆́̅̽͒̀́̄͌̐̆̕̚͜͜͜͝

This looks the same way as i imagined the screams of martincitopants

Edited by Gurkonier

Thrilled we finally have a release date. Even early access means the mods I love can get started faster. 2 major things for modding that I've run into:

Please give us better public documentation of part configs. Wheels in particular are an absolute mess to try and work with in KSP1, with certain arcane code snippets in them that only 1 person 5 years ago knew what they meant.

*If possible*, can .mu files be as self-contained as possible? A lot of old part mods have been lost to the fact that all that remains of them are the .mu files, which are *heinous* to try and maintain. I get if this isn't feasible, however.