Non-Binary Kerbals and Gender Non-conforming Kerbals In KSP2?

Just now, Aliquido said:

What? I was saying you can suggest things but PD doesn't need to implement them. 

The only time I've heard you complaining about people being able to make suggestions is when it meant the chance of Intercept being inclusive to a beaten-up and marginalized group of people using features that already exist in KSP 1.  The only thing the complainers in this thread don't like is non-binary people being represented. People only seem to complain about Kerbal genders when it means they have to confront the fact that NB people exist.

5 minutes ago, Aliquido said:

What? I was saying you can suggest things but PD doesn't need to implement them. 

I'm willing to bet if we continue the conversation they'd be more inclined to add it. Those that doubt that things will happen allow those things to not happen, for it's a matter of will power.

16 minutes ago, BigStar Aerospace said:

What about those that worship the Kraken? Is that at least an acception? Or not anymore since they slayed the Kraken?

To worship the destructive force and theriomorphic personification of the developer's negligence?
Nice.

Also the only force in the Kerbal world moving Kerbals and deciding everything for them is The Player, so it would be very immodest to self-worship.

10 minutes ago, razark said:

With that logic, the entire suggestions section should be done away with.

Shouldn't it?

Any example of an implemented KSP-2 suggestion?

Edited by kerbiloid

2 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

I'd assume many so far, as many of the developers actually just started out modders that created mods for those that couldn't themselves. So I'm willing to bet there will be a fortitude of suggested features implemented.

Just now, BigStar Aerospace said:

I'd assume many so far, as many of the developers actually just started out modders that created mods for those that couldn't themselves.

In KSP-2? It's not released yet.

Just now, razark said:

KSP1

Sic.

1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

There have been a few over the years. Off the top of my head they leveled out some hills and removed obstacles at the end of the runway. Nate was also over in the HUD/UI thread the other day gathering feedback on the nav ball. They do listen, even if they don't always chime in. 

And the thing is what BigStar was asking for might literally already be in the works. We don't yet know exactly the parameters for how kerbals are being randomized, and the request for customizable Kerbals sounds like a pretty likely add for animated multiplayer avatars. I don't see why you couldn't also just make your own crews with it. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

The only time I've heard you complaining about people being able to make suggestions is when it meant the chance of Intercept being inclusive to a beaten-up and marginalized group of people using features that already exist in KSP 1.  The only thing the complainers in this thread don't like is non-binary people being represented. People only seem to complain about Kerbal genders when it means they have to confront the fact that NB people exist.

I literally never said don't want enby kerbals in the game. I would be happy if they added them because my sibling is enby. I'm just trying to say that I feel like this thread has gone on a little long. I'm not trying to oppose it.

3 minutes ago, Aliquido said:

I literally never said don't want enby kerbals in the game. I would be happy if they added them because my sibling is enby. I'm just trying to say that I feel like this thread has gone on a little long. I'm not trying to oppose it.

Saying "I'm not against choosing your gender identity, but like, they're pieces of space broccoli" in response to NB kerbals but not male/female Kerbals is something you'd only do if you were trying to oppose it.

24 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Saying "I'm not against choosing your gender identity, but like, they're pieces of space broccoli" in response to NB kerbals but not male/female Kerbals is something you'd only do if you were trying to oppose it.

I was saying that to indicate how long and unnecessarily drawn out the thread was

15 minutes ago, Aliquido said:
40 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I was saying that to indicate how long and unnecessarily drawn out the thread was

What you said had nothing to do with how drawn out the thread was. The only thing your message said was that NB kerbals are somehow a step too far compared to male and female kerbals. That's the only way it can be interpreted; you didn't bring the thread's length up once until I pressed you about this.

Apples and oranges.

Huh?

I'm not comparing anything. I am stating that the inclusion of female kerbals is done, the resources were spent. Complaining or asking for their removal won't suddenly make resources available for something else (such as fixing the robotic drift bug, or whatever else you wish had been developed more, like stock scatterer or something)

If non-binary kerbals are implemented beyond unrestricted mixing of stereotypical male/female characteristics, and it's done, I won't complain.

Just as I didn't when the (IMO) useless Kerbal customization was shown(until now), because it was clear it had already largely been implemented. I don't object to it per se, I object to it's opportunity cost.

@dogecoin investor I think you’ve slightly missed the point. People are not asking for gender descriptors. There’s no need to label anything. Kerbals are kerbals. All that’s being asked for is a range of different purely aesthetic looks, mixing and matching different hair with different head shapes. That part is mostly already done. The other ask was to have the option to customize them. Problem solved. I don’t think people are too worried about what they’re called in the code, just what they look like. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

17 hours ago, dogecoin investor said:

More than a lack of gender options, I am anticipating the kind of scenario that consumed the release of First Man, and from which it never recovered.

What are you referring to with first man?

8 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

@dogecoin investor I think you’ve slightly missed the point. People are not asking for gender descriptors. There’s no need to label anything. Kerbals are kerbals. All that’s being asked for is a range of different purely aesthetic looks, mixing and matching different hair with different head shapes. 

Is that really all that has been asked for, it is not clear to me.

I had the impression that the ability to mix and match features, regardless of associated gender, has basically already been conceded (it would take VERY little work to implement, one would think).

However, it's not clear to me if those proposing the idea want more than that or not