KSP 2 Skybox

ChubbyCat

I think it goes along with the Kerbal lore. They're green, their Gas Giant Jool is green. If their galactic location was near a nebula of something that could do this, then it would be ok. I would like it if there was a setting for different skyboxes... I personally prefer the cold dark, emptiness of space that we see in our own universe. Since KSP 2 is focusing on the INTERSTELLAR aspect, then the skybox should be fairly dark once you're out in deep space, and the nearest Sun looks like a distant star and you are ENVELOPED by darkness... Would love to see, but doubt to would be some blackholes, since wormholes seem to be a thing is KSP 2. The rings on the moon look like stargates... ANyways... I like darker looking skyboxes, lol...b21f98c0-3ecd-4b56-8983-b144fef31ee3_sca

27 minutes ago, Hutsul228 said:

I love it. It gives me s such warmth and ... feel of home ? Somewhy it's not giving me that feel of outer space , opposite. Like a good Bowie song "la la la"

Or something more classic like:

"Ain't we dreaming of rubling of the launch paaad

Nor this ice-cold space 

We dream of grass, a grass near hooome 

The green, green grass"

Gosh I love those soviet space songs

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2022 at 11:27 AM, ChubbyCat said:

What are your opinions on the skybox/background we have been shown so far in many show and tells and feature videos? 

fuO16TF.pngt5TUXiK.png

Personally, I really hope it isn't final. The bluish greenish color looks really ugly to me, and stands out too much. I feel like it distracts from the imagery of the actual planets and vehicles. In the original game, I loved looking at the bright beauty of planets floating in a contrasted black void, which was only slightly spotted with white stars. 

What do you think? Do you like it? Do you hate it? No opinion? Do you think it's final? 

i think its great!!!! (thats all)

On 1/17/2023 at 6:58 AM, Dying2PlayGames said:

Since KSP 2 is focusing on the INTERSTELLAR aspect, then the skybox should be fairly dark once you're out in deep space, and the nearest Sun looks like a distant star and you are ENVELOPED by darkness...

The skybox would only get darker when closer to a star, if anything. The green, if barely visible when within a system, should become more prominent as you approach interstellar space.

On 2/4/2023 at 10:28 PM, regex said:

Green skybox > purple skybox, although if it's just a different quadrant of the sky I'm totally fine with that, visual interest and all.

or different time of year? aka side of  star

Edited by tstein

1 hour ago, tstein said:

or different time of year? aka side of  star

I mean, that's just another quadrant of the skybox. What time of year it is becomes irrelevant the further you are from the primary.