Loading bar is stuck an 8th of the way

The loading bar stops moving, but the images and the loading hints keep going. It says on the bar "Squad/Parts/@thumb/mk2FuselageLongLFO_icon" and if anyone knows how to solve it... I am no computer wiz, I basically never have to access any of my files. It has been going on for three months now.

Edited by Jeb man

• 2 weeks later...

Yea i just have the stock version. this is my first comment ever, so I don't mean to be a nuisance but I do not know how to add a png to these. also i have the newest version. 1.12. 

P.S. I'm sorry I didn't respond i didn't have my computer for a while.

Edited by Jeb man

On 10/24/2022 at 12:18 AM, Jeb man said:

The loading bar stops moving, but the images and the loading hints keep going. It says on the bar "Squad/Parts/@thumb/mk2FuselageLongLFO_icon" and if anyone knows how to solve it... I am no computer wiz, I basically never have to access any of my files. It has been going on for three months now.

Hi. I hope you haven't had anything else get mucked up since you posted.

The answer is in what you have posted. Loading can can get stuck on anything that doesn't read the way the game expects. As you can see, the thing that is having a problem is usually the the thing that is left showing on the load screen.

So what you have is that somehow the .png for mk2FuselageLongLFO_icon has got corrupted. The loader hits the corrupted file and gets caught because it can't resolve it.

So that .png is what is used to display that part in the parts list. the @thumb is the storage folder for all the stock Squad parts list images.

Folder path  Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\Parts\@thumbs\

What you need to do is cut that .png out of the folder. I am currently running 1.12.2 and don't actually have that .png so I am assuming it came after.

So cut it and put in a new folder that is not inside the GameData folder structure. Try loading the game and see if it gets stuck anywhere else.

If it doesn't like having the .png missing then copy any other .png from that folder (so it fullfills the size requirement that KSP expects) to another folder, then rename the copy to the same as the corrupted one. Then put the renamed copy back in. KSP won't know the difference.

Load to see if you get stuck. If you don't then the only down side is it will have the wrong picture in the parts list.

Good Luck.

Sorry I to have to say this, but when I mean I am no computer whiz. I literally mean that. Like I really have no idea of how to do anything in my files, so I need a step by step explanation. Again I am very sorry for bothering you like this. I tried looking it up btw.

Edited by Jeb man

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.