[1.12.3] European Space Agency Rocket KIT 0.3

josselin2196

European Space Agency Rocket KIT

pB0PLz1.jpg

What is European Space Agency Rocket?

This mod have for ambition to bring all ESA modern Rocket into KSP.

This mod will add launchers and vehicles such as Ariane 6, Vega, Vega C ans E and SpaceRider.

Some picture of current implementation and in-dev:

Spoiler

0Xlly7x.png

qMbvsrr.png

9ZWD1SK.png

OL9XPzF.png

IkRrfe3.png

geIz9UR.png

ItjE9gU.png

Download: Spacedock / GitHub

Dev Thread: 

RoadMap:

• Space Rider/IXV
  • Vega C: SSMS, Vampire, Vespa C
  • P120C Extended
  • RSS patch
  • Waterfall Patch
  • SUSIE (still unsure, complexe model and implementation, i'm still a noob at moding)

Changelog:

Spoiler

V0.1:

Initial Release - Vega

V0.2:

Add Vega C

V0.3:

Add Ariane 62
Add Ariane 64
Add P120C Booster version ariane
Add Vinci Engine
Add Vulcain 2.1 Engine
Add Payload Adapter
Add Dual Payload Adapter

@scribstar for 3D Modeling

Licence:  Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)

This is my first mod, any comment, advice and bug repport ( with log) are apreciated!

Edited by josselin2196
update 0.3

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I think you might be missing the path "AemerFactory" in both the source zip on github, and the zip from SpaceDock. The parts won't load unless they live in a folder called "GameData\AemerFactory\Vega" and both your zips have "GameData\Vega"

The folder tree has been corrected. Thanks

5 minutes ago, RocketFowl said:

Will you do Ariane 5 rocket? and the launchpad?

There is already a mod featuring Ariane 5: 

I prefer focus on newer ESA stuff, i will maybe make older stuff in the futur but i do not see the need to do know

The launchpad are not planned, if me or @scribstar decide to do it, it will be in the far future.

You can use this two mod to make close replica of the launchpad:

New release:

• Add Zephiro-40 Booster
  • Add P120C version Vega
  • Add New decoupler
  • Add Vega C

If there is any problem/bug or if you think there are balance issue, don't hesitate to share here.

Spacedock: https://spacedock.info/mod/3138/European Space Agency Rocket Kit#info

Github: https://github.com/AemerFactory/ESA_Rocket/releases/tag/0.2.0

15 minutes ago, Bling90 said:

generic texture, no details, too smooth texture, you need to improve the texure and details if you want to compare to mod like knes by @Well, contares by @hraban or bluedog by @CobaltWolf

And each of this mod take years to come to what there are now, and ESA Rocket kit is pretty good even for it size and the "texture" are good.

Valid review, the  part seem a little bit overpowered for i think Ariane 6 seem capable, i like very much the dual payload launch, it look sexy when i deploy my two scansat probe, do you plan to add more payload option like this:

Ariane6_Auto20.jpeg

16 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

i like very much the dual payload launch, it look sexy when i deploy my two scansat probe, do you plan to add more payload option like this:

Thanks for feedback, and yes the dual launch is fun to use ( it was very hard to make collision without making the inside sat go kraken). I plan to increse the payload option for both vega and ariane after i finish space rider ( who drive me nuts for payload door animation). 

16 hours ago, RocketFowl said:

Valid review, the  part seem a little bit overpowered for i think Ariane 6 seem capable

That's the problem with real rocket to kerbin, i use same size tank for fuel capacity and a lot lower value for engine performance.

16 hours ago, Bling90 said:

generic texture, no details, too smooth texture, you need to improve the texure and details if you want to compare to mod like knes by @Well, contares by @hraban or bluedog by @CobaltWolf

I don't compare this mod to experimented mod maker and mod who where improved for litteral years. I don't know how to do texture, both myself and @scribstar use procedural and a little bit of AI generated texture for the mod.  

37 minutes ago, josselin2196 said:

I don't compare this mod to experimented mod maker and mod who where improved for litteral years. I don't know how to do texture, both myself and @scribstar use procedural and a little bit of AI generated texture for the mod.  

Good plan, because if you compare your work to their work at your current time into modelling/texturing  - well, it's pretty much comparable or better.

(I compared some pictures from page 2 of BDB from 7 years ago to yours... not that it's a competition).

Great to see the great progress. Particularly glad to see the Vulcain engine appearing. The modelling is fantastic, texturing is nice and clean and looks good.

Edited by 610yesnolovely

17 hours ago, Bling90 said:

31 minutes ago, josselin2196 said:

While I certainly don't enjoy someone using my work to put down another author, I will say that texturing isn't that hard. Really just a simple set of procedures that you repeat over and over again. Speed comes with practice.

(and as @610yesnolovely pointed out, these are far, far better than BDB's early development. The models are gorgeous)

6 minutes ago, RocketFowl said:

The P120 booster seem to go kraken on activation on ariane, do you know what the problem is?

Do you have autostrut enable or strut on the part? If not try enable it in VAB context menu, if you do not have the option enable Advanced Tweakable in settings. The decoupler act the same as stock one, if you do not have strut it will shake in all direction. If this don't work, post a picture and the log so i can try to reproduce the event. 

Edited by josselin2196

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.