Marketing for KSP 2

ChubbyCat

2 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

Do you really think that KSP2 and Starfield will buy about the same number of players? I don't believe less than a million people will buy Starfield in a week. After all, they will be reminded of his exit from each toaster, players do not need a reminder in steam. But in the absence of marketing KSP2, its release may occur unnoticed.

Not it won't. Because KSP 2 isn't technically releasing. 

Early Access and Release are NOT the same thing. 

Early Access doesn't need a lot of people. There are 218,088 members on this forum. 218K players. Let's say at minimum, 40% of them purchase EA. That's 87,200. Not bad numbers for EA. 

Now let's add the EA buyers from Steam that aren't forum members who like space sims. Let's say... 25K to be on the conservative size. 87,200 + 25,000 = 100K.

Now let's add Epic *Barf*. Argument's sake, 15,000. 115K. 

115,000 people playing KSP 2 on Early Access release. That's a lot of people for EA. 

Let's not forget that the content creators will be pumping out videos during every update of EA, which will drive up the numbers. And the closer to release we get, the higher those numbers will go. 

KSP 2 will not go unnoticed. 

2 hours ago, Vl3d said:

With 3 weeks left before launch, this is the time to overdo it. Push push push the game, create hype.

I think you're overestimating the audience's ability to stay focused. If it were one week to go, I'd say, yes, there needs to be increased activity, and in the last day or two a bonanza of content. Remember Tiktok is doing well on videos of 30 seconds, Vimeo with 30 minute videos is not. Once that attention span fizzles out, it's gone, and it won't come back.

If you're telling your coworker that the new KSPis coming out and they have to watch Scott Manley playing it on youtube, is the correct response to "sounds cool, send me a link":

1. "I will, in three weeks"
  2. "Right away!"

We're all excited that it's just a few weeks now, but overhyping and fizzling out is not the right strategy.

6 hours ago, Vl3d said:

steam-wishlists.png

Decent number of wishlists on Steam, but consider that the game was announced ~4 years ago.

This is kind wild to me. Folks always talking about how ‘niche’ KSP is and we’re not wildly behind Starfield? That’s awesome!

More than just Hogwarts - for someone who isn’t familiar with either Steam or this ranking site, why is the number of followers sometimes decreasing moving up the rankings? ARK 2 has less followers and places higher than KSP 2, for example. 

2 hours ago, t_v said:

More than just Hogwarts - for someone who isn’t familiar with either Steam or this ranking site, why is the number of followers sometimes decreasing moving up the rankings? ARK 2 has less followers and places higher than KSP 2, for example. 

Maybe wishlisted and followed are separate things.

1 hour ago, Vl3d said:

Maybe wishlisted and followed are separate things.

They in fact are. If you're on the Shop site for a game you can choose to follow it and/or wishlist it.

The buttons are iirc just below the screenshot/trailer box.

• 2 weeks later...