[1.12] kOS-KerbalEngineer v0.1.1

fenrock

kOS-KerbalEngineer

A (very minimal) kOS interface to KerbalEngineer for Kerbal Space Program.

I wanted an easy way to get burn times for manoeuvre nodes, and my current set of kOS scripts for calculating DeltaV for a stage and thus the burn time are buggy for certain types of craft.

So I wrote this kOS addon to get at KerbalEngineer's Burn Time calculations.

Additionally more functions have been added as requested in this thread. If there's any interest in more functionality, please add suggestions.

See full mod addon docs in github for all functions exposed from KerbalEngineer. Some examples are shown in the usage.

Download: https://github.com/markjfisher/kOS-KerbalEngineer/releases
Where to report bugs: https://github.com/markjfisher/kOS-KerbalEngineer/issues
Source and Docs: https://github.com/markjfisher/kOS-KerbalEngineer 
Addon Docs: https://github.com/markjfisher/kOS-KerbalEngineer/tree/master/GameData/kOS-KerbalEngineer
Licence: GPL v3

History:

• [v0.1.0] Initial Release with 2 addon functions; addons:ke:nodeHalfBurnTime, addons:ke:nodeBurnTime
  • [v0.1.1] Add Suicide Burn values for Countdown, DeltaV, Length, Distance, Altitude
  • [v0.1.1] Add Actual and Total TWR values
  • [v0.1.1] Add Thermal values for criticalPartName, criticalTemperature, criticalTemperatureMax, criticalThermalPercentage, criticalSkinTemperature, criticalSkinTemperatureMax

Usage:

// These 2 values change as the burn is performed so can be used to accurately perform the change.
// Using the half version will average better over the node's duration.

// Get next node's half-burn-time
> set bt to addons:ke:nodeHalfBurnTime.
> print bt.

// get next node's full burn time.
> print addons:ke:nodeBurnTime.

// get actual TWR for vessel
> print addons:ke:actualTWR.

// get total possible TWR for vessel
> print addons:ke:totalTWR.

// get critical temperature of most important part
> print addons:ke:criticalTemperature.

Available on CKAN.

Edited by fenrock
Add more to Usage

Great idea! I've been using hacks (like manually entering the burn duration time) for my scripts, and now I can automate this part. A few more requests, if I may:

- suicide burn ETA & delta V

- TWR

- heating data (e.g. critical part's temperature)

16 hours ago, garwel said:

Great idea! I've been using hacks (like manually entering the burn duration time) for my scripts, and now I can automate this part. A few more requests, if I may:

- suicide burn ETA & delta V

- TWR

- heating data (e.g. critical part's temperature)

I'll look into it! Thanks for the feedback

• 2 months later...
On 1/22/2023 at 8:29 PM, darthgently said:

This is great, thanks for doing this.

Not reqests per se, but time and distance at closest approach to target and time until transfer to target are things I'm often reading off of the screen from KER and typing into the kOS terminal.

If you've got a screen shot of exactly what you're after, I should be able to add it in easily enough. I've had some downtime from KSP for a couple of months, so pics would help jog my memory and make sure I don't get the wrong thing :D

4 hours ago, fenrock said:

If you've got a screen shot of exactly what you're after, I should be able to add it in easily enough. I've had some downtime from KSP for a couple of months, so pics would help jog my memory and make sure I don't get the wrong thing :D

I'll get a screenshot in a bit, but I recall that the closest approach info is in the "rendezvous" KER section, while eta transfer may be in the same, not sure.  I need to look.  Thank you

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.