Kerbal Space Program 1.12.4 Releasing 11-2-2022

Intercept Games

C'est bien de continuer a faire des maj... 
Mais la se pose un probleme: avant celle ci , mon jeu était stable , le chargement assez rapide ( j'utilise des mods) et depuis celle ci , j'ai plein de bug , de crash même au lancement, une lenteur de chargement , etc... 
J'ai beau avoir réinstallé le jeu et les mods, rien ne change! 
Alors après centaines d"heures ou le jeu est devenu stable , je suis a nouveau pris par ces nombreux soucis et c'est très pénible... 
Peu t'on éviter de passer par ce nouveau launcher ? je pense que c'est la d'ou vient le probleme... 

[Moderator Added Translation]

It's good to continue to make maj... But there is a problem: before this one, my game was stable, loading fast enough (I use mods) and since this one, I have lots of bugs, crashes even at launch, slow loading, etc...
I may have reinstalled the game and the mods, nothing changes! So after hundreds of hours where the game has become stable, I am again taken by these many worries and it is very painful... Can we avoid going through this new launcher? I think that's where the problem comes from...

Edited by James Kerman
Added Translation

I have a semi fix for it @Vl3d

Search for the following files in the KSP Folder

• landingLegLT-1.cfg
  • landingLegLT-2.cfg
  • landingLegLT-5.cfg

Open each file and search for autoFrictionAvailable and change it to True and then you will be able to change the friction like you can with wheels with the action menu.

Its not a 100% fix but it gives you 100% control over the issue. Can't remember the name of the person who figured it out.

20 minutes ago, karazak said:

C'est bien de continuer a faire des maj... 
Mais la se pose un probleme: avant celle ci , mon jeu était stable , le chargement assez rapide ( j'utilise des mods) et depuis celle ci , j'ai plein de bug , de crash même au lancement, une lenteur de chargement , etc... 
J'ai beau avoir réinstallé le jeu et les mods, rien ne change! 
Alors après centaines d"heures ou le jeu est devenu stable , je suis a nouveau pris par ces nombreux soucis et c'est très pénible... 
Peu t'on éviter de passer par ce nouveau launcher ? je pense que c'est la d'ou vient le probleme... 

[Moderator Added Translation]

It's good to continue to make maj... But there is a problem: before this one, my game was stable, loading fast enough (I use mods) and since this one, I have lots of bugs, crashes even at launch, slow loading, etc...
I may have reinstalled the game and the mods, nothing changes! So after hundreds of hours where the game has become stable, I am again taken by these many worries and it is very painful... Can we avoid going through this new launcher? I think that's where the problem comes from...

Look to the following link (click on the title):

Look at the last post I did. Its a fix for another issue but also will remove the launcher but will keep KSP linked to steam.

@karazakIf that doesn't work I recommend changing the version to 1.12.3 which you can do in the Beta tab of the properties of KSP on steam

Right Click on Kerbal Space Program and select Properties. then choose the Beta Tab and use the drop down menu.

It looks like the following:

k4RgT0Z.png

For me the mechJeb @sarbian and the BetterCrewAssigment @Snark mods are not working, but all the other mods that I am currently using are still compatible and working well. and maybe Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes.

Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes: @ev0

[EXC 20:21:39.306] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    HideEmptyTechTreeNodes.ChangeTechTree.ChangeParents () (at <8c5703b064e44a07b06a81518b5beb89>:0)
    HideEmptyTechTreeNodes.ChangeTechTree.Setup () (at <8c5703b064e44a07b06a81518b5beb89>:0)
    HideEmptyTechTreeNodes.ChangeTechTree.Start () (at <8c5703b064e44a07b06a81518b5beb89>:0)

BetterCrewAssigment Error:

[ERR 23:10:12.231] [BetterCrewAssignment] (Exception) Mismatched lists: 0 crewable parts (out of 92 total), 2 part manifests:   at BetterCrewAssignment.Crewable.List (ShipConstruct construct) [0x000c7] in <2246ef1671564b339ac4bca8276f97ce>:0 
  at BetterCrewAssignment.CrewableList..ctor (ShipConstruct construct) [0x00006] in <2246ef1671564b339ac4bca8276f97ce>:0 
  at BetterCrewAssignment.AssignmentLogic.AssignKerbals (ShipConstruct construct) [0x00000] in <2246ef1671564b339ac4bca8276f97ce>:0 
  at BetterCrewAssignment.EditorBehaviour.OnShipLoaded (ShipConstruct construct, KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog+LoadType loadType) [0x00035] in <2246ef1671564b339ac4bca8276f97ce>:0 

About mechJeb there isn't any exception just don't appear in GUI.

LOG FILE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oxp5voykdoweqx/KSP.rar?dl=1

22 minutes ago, Thatsstoguy said:

I'm a bit worried about the launcher, there's a store page on it and I don't think you would need a store page for a game with two DLC. I hope KSP2 doesn't turn into the sims.

Since KSP2 and KSP will be linked through the launcher, you will have the option to buy KSP2 from the launcher when it releases in Early Access, and we may also make merch available to purchase there at a later date. It's just another avenue for players to utilize. 

@Anth12
merci pour votre réponse. 
C'est ce que j'allais tester justement , revenir sur l'ancienne version. 
J'espère que le launcher disparaitra également! 
Bonne fin de journée et voyagez bien dans l'univers des Kerbals ! 

Translated by the moderation team to:

Thank you for your reply. 
This is what I was going to test, go back to the old version. 
I hope the launcher will disappear as well! 
Have a good end of the day and travel well in the world of Kerbals! 

Edited by 18Watt
Provide translation to English

6 minutes ago, karazak said:

@Anth12
merci pour votre réponse. 
C'est ce que j'allais tester justement , revenir sur l'ancienne version. 
J'espère que le launcher disparaitra également! 
Bonne fin de journée et voyagez bien dans l'univers des Kerbals ! 

@karazak please include an English translation of your posts outside of the international sub forum. 

@karazak Veuillez inclure une traduction anglaise de vos messages en dehors du sous-forum international.

Spoiler

Thank you for your answer.

That's what I was going to test, to come back to the old version.

I hope the launcher will also disappear!

Have a good end of the day and travel well in the world of the Kerbals!

So far, I've only noticed even more loading times, and decreased performance, as well as the launcher running while playing the game. 

This is totally unneccessary and to be honest, disconcerting.

I've been an avid supporter and player of this game for almost a full decade, and this is the only time I had a complaint.

While my system is getting on in years, I've never had these issues proir.

1 hour ago, Rivvik said:

So far, I've only noticed even more loading times, and decreased performance, as well as the launcher running while playing the game. 

I've been an avid supporter and player of this game for almost a full decade, and this is the only time I had a complaint.

That's the second complaint of decreased performance that I have seen. I wonder what could be causing that

After backing up KSP, I allowed the update, and as I feared, this is just 2K's launcher with a different skin.  It crashes exactly the same way and fails to launch the game.  Yes, for now there is a workaround, but how long until they "fix" that?  They fixed some of the workarounds for the 2K launcher in other games.

This is what happens when I start KSP from Steam:  If the launcher doesn't immediately crash without an error, it takes about 2 minutes before the launcher loading screen pops up.  At the bottom of the loading screen it shows "updating local cache" for a while, then "parsing contents", then it crashes with this error:
jpMQ2lt.png

I have verified the game files, and they are fine.  2K knows about this problem with their launcher, but they don't care to fix it and keep pushing it out to more games.  I personally have submitted a dozen support tickets, from when they first added it over a year ago, and with every update since.

8 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Friendly reminder that steam effectively filters out review bombing so people crying over it (just like they did back when Eula changed) won't make a difference unless someone really wants to read newest, negative "reviews".

Steam filters out "off topic" review bombs.  Negative review bombs relating to a EULA change and adding a broken launcher are not considered off topic as they do relate to the game.  Look at the review details for KSP and notice there is no period of off topic reviews.  If there were, it would have a * indicating reviews are filtered out.  The same goes for the 2K games that have received a lot of negative reviews due to this same launcher being added to them.  Look at XCOM2, Civ VI and the BioShock game reviews.  All have been review bombed due to the launcher, but Steam has not filtered them.

1 hour ago, Rivvik said:

What if you change the version to 1.12.3? This could be a mod incompatibility problem (though I have no idea what in the update could have caused that)

28 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Have you read the article? It's exactly precisely the opposite to what you said.

You mean the out of date 3 year old article?  I remember Steam going back on some of what it considered off topic, and added an option to disable the filter.  Just go look at the reviews for yourself.  KSP does not show a period of off topic reviews.  I just checked, and made sure that I don't have the filter disabled and KSP shows no period of off-topic reviews.  Neither do any of the other games I mentioned.

On 11/1/2022 at 8:25 PM, Intercept Games said:

Patch notes Graphic.png

Hello Kerbonauts!
We here at mission control are happy to launch patch 1.12.4 on Wednesday November 2nd, 2022 which addresses the long awaited tutorial bug fixes!
We have also squashed an Alarm Clock bug that ignored custom day/year lengths.
As we are dedicating our time and effort to launching KSP2, future patches for KSP will be less prioritized but please continue to let us know about any bugs you encounter. Happy launching and remember your parachutes!

Patch Notes Change Log:
=================================== v1.12.4 ============================================================
+++ Bugfixes
* Fix Alarm Clock input fields ignoring configured custom day/year lengths.
* Fix Basic Flight tutorial.
* Fix Go For Orbit tutorial.
* Fix Intermediate Construction tutorial.
* Fix Advanced Construction tutorial.
* Fix Sub Orbital tutorial.
* Fix Craft Browser not showing the Hopper in Intermediate Construction tutorial.

New Launcher for KSP on Steam.
Will serve as a resource for news and updates about KSP & KSP 2 Early Access.
In addition, you will be able to give feedback through the launcher once KSP 2 has been released into Early Access. 

WHY ADD THE LAUNCHER MAN, THIS IS SO RIGGED KSP DOESNT NEED A LAUNCHER WHEN STEAM IS THE LAUNCHER ALREADY, THIS NEW UPDATE BROKE MY GAME WHY JUST WHY

40 minutes ago, Dioso said:

WHY ADD THE LAUNCHER MAN, THIS IS SO RIGGED KSP DOESNT NEED A LAUNCHER WHEN STEAM IS THE LAUNCHER ALREADY, THIS NEW UPDATE BROKE MY GAME WHY JUST WHY

Right Click on Kerbal Space Program in the left menu of steam and then click on Beta. Then change to 1.12.3. It wont stop the launcher but the previous version will be restored.

k4RgT0Z.png

13 hours ago, Ghostii_Space said:

Since KSP2 and KSP will be linked through the launcher, you will have the option to buy KSP2 from the launcher when it releases in Early Access, and we may also make merch available to purchase there at a later date. It's just another avenue for players to utilize. 

People using Steam will already have the option to buy KSP2, from Steam.  It's pretty weird for a game bought from Steam to act as a storefront for non-Steam purchases of a different game, especially when that game is also sold through Steam.  And the KSP1 in-game main menu already has a link to the merch store; that's not something that needs a separate launcher program.

Fortunately, the launcher seems to be Windows-only.  Doesn't show up on Linux or Mac.

27 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

People using Steam will already have the option to buy KSP2, from Steam.  It's pretty weird for a game bought from Steam to act as a storefront for non-Steam purchases of a different game, especially when that game is also sold through Steam.  And the KSP1 in-game main menu already has a link to the merch store; that's not something that needs a separate launcher program.

Fortunately, the launcher seems to be Windows-only.  Doesn't show up on Linux or Mac.

Ok lets say that the launcher doesnt exist.

Then KSP2 will be advertised in 3 places:

1. https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
  2. Steam: The KSP1 news page (where we click above to start KSP1)
  3. Steam: The KSP2 store page

We as KSP1 players can avoid all three even if we use steam by using the shortcut on the desktop (windows)

The Launcher allows two things:

1. Constant advertising to the KSP1 player even if they use the shortcut each time they use KSP1 as long as its connected to steam.
  2. The advertising can be modified, added, removed etc without having to change the code of KSP1.

Benefits to KSP1 players having the launcher:

• Seeing the progress of early access to determine when they want to buy it up to when KSP2 1.0 is released
  • Seeing how early access is going just from an interest level.

If you really want to stop the launcher from running the easiest way is to create a shortcut directly the KSP executable (avoids steam entirely) and put that on your desktop. Its not that big a deal.

Can i install last version without installing the launcher? I know that i can bypass the launcher, but i don't need another useless launcher installed on my computer. The game is already finished, why are they changing things now? As many said, fix the bugs or do nothing!

1 hour ago, Vl3d said:

The launcher is ok. Just fix it so it works and fix the remaining bugs please!

Remaining bugs? KSP1 has 100s of them

40 minutes ago, Acvila said:

Can i install last version without installing the launcher? I know that i can bypass the launcher, but i don't need another useless launcher installed on my computer. The game is already finished, why are they changing things now? As many said, fix the bugs or do nothing!

The launcher just takes up hard drive space if you are bypassing it.

And they did fix the tutorials and some stock alarm issues