Heavily modded game regularly crashes when switching between buildings/locations

I've been adding  a LOT of mods to my game, and I've recently started getting crashes when I've been switching in between states/views/buildings (i.e., entering a building, leaving a building, going from building to launch, etc). It doesn't happen every switch, but rather it seems to happen after a chunk of time?

I've included both the player.log and the crash log. I would really love some help :).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/31tvipclhina55n/Bizob_KSP_crash_logs.zip?dl=0

At first i though it was RAM related but maybe not.

Interesting line. ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FFA083D272E)

Are you using CKAN?

Look i have this problem sometimes and it sucks. And i have a quarter of your RAM :(

This problem is beyond me

This may or may not be related to putting mods in the Steam copy of KSP, but even if it isn't, modding the Steam copy of KSP usually ends in mysterious crashes and loading errors so it's best to fix that first:

1.       Right click KSP in Steam library > browse local files.

2.       Copy KSP/saves/<your save name> and paste that on the desktop.

3.       If you used CKAN to install your mods (and you should!), click File > export modpack and save that to your desktop too. Screenshot your GameData folder with mods installed (even if you use CKAN) so you can check that you’ve reinstalled them all later.

4.       Uninstall all mods from KSP.

5.       Right click KSP in Steam library > properties, disable Steam cloud.

6.       Completely uninstall KSP through Steam.

7.       Reinstall KSP through Steam, right click > Properties > local files > verify integrity of game files. If you want to play a version other than the current release (1.12.3), pick that version in the Betas tab and verify the files once Steam has installed that version.

8.       Run KSP and make sure it loads properly without mods.

9.       Browse local files again, then go up one level (to Steam/steamapps/common) and copy the Kerbal Space Program directory, then paste it where you want to keep it- make sure it’s outside Steam’s folders so it can’t meddle with it in future.

10.   Rename the KSP folder so you know what mods you’re using in it (e.g. 1.10.1 RO/RP-1, 1.12.3 JNSQ), then add this new copy to CKAN and use the modpack created in step 3 to reinstall all your mods; or reinstall them by hand if you don’t use CKAN. Double-check that all files and folders you had in GameData before uninstalling/reinstalling everything are there again, if not then you’re probably missing some mods.

11.   Move your saves from your desktop into your new KSP copy’s saves folder, run KSP, load save. A warning about vessels having missing parts is usually because a mod is missing or wasn’t installed correctly.

You can make as many copies of KSP as you want, have several copies on different versions and with different sets of mods in each- CKAN makes this much easier to keep track of, but it’s still possible to do it all yourself.

If you do all that and are still getting issues, try running the game with Task Manager open at the performance tab so it graphs your RAM use, maybe you're hitting the limits?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.