Anyone know of really small bugs/glitches that affect the game that could be fixed quite easily?

Here's a few easy fixes or work arounds that could be put into a patch update without too much effort:

• For a clean install of 1.8 and above the shadows show up as bands across the ground. Also the shadows are shimmering when they shouldn't be. The simple fix is in the settings.cfg file. Some of the settings are set to zero when they should be set to one.
  • In 1.12 wheels slide down hills. This includes the landing legs. For wheels we can access the friction control and increase it until the wheels stop sliding however the landing legs doesn't have  friction control for the action menus because of one setting in the config files for them. This can be turned on quite easily. Its not a fix but its an extremely simple work around that doesn't mean digging into the code and doing lots of testing.

Does anyone else know of really small little problems like above that could have really easy fixes?

I've found that when using the stock alarm clock "switch to" sometimes the maneuvernode previously associated with the craft is lost.  Also, trying to set an alarm for maneuvernode #2 will set it for #1 instead. This is all stuff that should never have escaped even a middle level regression test

Edited by darthgently

1 hour ago, darthgently said:

I've found that when using the stock alarm clock "switch to" sometimes the maneuvernode previously associated with the craft is lost.  Also, trying to set an alarm for maneuvernode #2 will set it for #1 instead. This is all stuff that should never have escaped even a middle level regression test

First Issue: I can't replicate.

Second Issue:  It's caused by the  "Add Burn Time to Margin" option. If selected it somehow changes the time to the first maneuver node instead. I agree, that should be an easy fix.

21 minutes ago, Anth12 said:

First Issue: I can't replicate.

Second Issue:  It's caused by the  "Add Burn Time to Margin" option. If selected it somehow changes the time to the first maneuver node instead. I agree, that should be an easy fix.

First issue is very hard to pin down, but it only happens when I set an alarm for the node like 1 in 20 times.  The node is there when I move on to another craft, then gone when I come back later even the alarm is still there

I'll uncheck the burn time margin option as a workaround for the second

16 hours ago, Anth12 said:

For a clean install of 1.8 and above the shadows show up as bands across the ground. Also the shadows are shimmering when they shouldn't be. The simple fix is in the settings.cfg file. Some of the settings are set to zero when they should be set to one.

Which ones?

4 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Which ones?

SHADOWS_FLIGHT_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_KSC_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_TRACKING_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_EDITORS_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_MAIN_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_DEFAULT_PROJECTION = 1

Find all of these in the settings.cfg file and make sure they are all set to 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.