Biggest bang for buck!

Trask

Hey all, I'm fairly new to KSP. I run the game on Linux (I use Arch btw ;)) on a laptop that's getting older (i7 w/ 1060m ).

I'm hoping this awesome community of very smart people will be able to assist with a perfect modlist for me. I've spent the past two days researching, and keep going down rabbitholes.

What I'm after: A small modlist that hits the high points without the need for large amounts of configuration and time investment (I really want to get playing without troubleshooting mods). I'd prefer to install it all from CKAN.

What I like: This is the modlist I'm currently using and really like as a basis:

• Astronomers Visual Pack
  • Scatterer
  • Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux
  • Restock
  • Restock+
  • Kerbal Engineer Redux
  • Kerbal Attachment System

Additionally, the mods I think I want to use (can definitely swap these out if there are better alternatives):

• Kerbal Planetary Base Systems
  • Kerbal Inventory System
  • Docking Port Alignment Indicator
  • CommNet Relays
  • Contract Configurator
    • Bases And Stations Reborn
    • Exploration Plus
    • Tourism Plus
    • Field Research

The mod that sent me into a spiral was the contract pack 'Career Evolution'. I'd really like something that adds a more structured mission system to help guide my actions, I spend a lot of time doing the testing missions to make money and science whereas I'd prefer to be working towards something more meaningful. I was keen to use this, but reading the comments folks were having to make changes to config files etc to get things working, and being relatively new to the game, I'm not really sure how to identify mod errors / issues with stock 'design features' :)

I'd also really like a mod that echoes human spaceflight insomuch as I'd prefer to do unmanned prior to manned spaceflight, preferably with a mission system that encourages that progression.

Thanks very much my friends, super keen to get your responses, and thanks so much for reading this!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2022 at 3:03 AM, Trask said:

I'd prefer to do unmanned prior to manned spaceflight,

either of these two tech tree mods will work and will make you do more, and only unmanned probes at the start of the game(unkerballed start has less support for mods but it's really easy to edit)(and it will work with the mods you said atm)

also career evolution still works i am using it in my current career playthrough. exploration plus will work as welll. (probes before crews has its own contract pack but i never tried it)

if you are using already visual mods(especially performance heavy mods like avp), you should be using waterfall

all of these mods except maybe career evolution are all avaible on CKAN.

Edited by Kerbal hunter101

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.