Space elevator mechanics as a buildable lategame structure to link space to ground bases/stations?

Hear me out. In the recent years big strides with materials such as graphene has happened (materials that could, just could make them a reality irl). KSP2 already deals with exotic technology that are far far into the future in the lategame.

So I was basically thinking...

As a late game tech to unlock, you could unlock something that could be called "space tether assembly anchor", depending on how you deploy space stations in KSP2 from a ship you launch. This could be a special object that, if placed in the correct altitude, aka within the boundaries of a geostationary orbit, would be deployable. It would be a very expensive part to have in the first place, unlockable lategame.

When within the boundaries the prompt to reel out the tether becomes available. As you click it, it will show you how the surface bellow would look. And even allow finetuning of where the ground anchor would appear, if you for example want it to attach to an existing base on the ground, also requiring you to think in advance about where you place it in the geo orbit. Once you confirm the location of the surface anchor, it will "plop" into the exact location and orbit for it to be above that specific place within the range of the selectable ground anchor location. This orbit will then be in a "fixed" manner. Causing the tether anchor to be fixed in place in the geo orbit. It will be stuck on rails, while other station parts stil behave normally while being attached. Although it can stil be damaged. The tether is then reeled out in both directions. One to ground. And one to a counterweight far away that you cant see (but you can try to reach if you really try but would be pointless)

The whole tether wont be rendered ofc. Only the parts of it you are close to. Colliding with any part of the tether will cause catastropic destruction of the base bellow and the space station attached to the geo orbit anchor part, and the counterweight that spawns at a much faster but higher fixed orbit.

Tether itself could be 3 or more cables visible from a distance. If materials will be seperated in the game. Graphene could be  a late game material needed for this. Although some planets would not be space elevator usable. Planets with low moons in orbit + rotational periods that would conflict with the counter weight and geo orbit locations. Or rotational periods that would make the length of the cable too impractical.

The tethers themselves or the elevator, would be able to transfer power directly. Linking the power of the space station to the ground. Allowing things like effecient solar energy in space.

Drawback could be powerloss along tether and the cost of building such a tether. Maintance could also be a thing.

If you want to transfer physical resources, like fuel and materials. This needs to be done with the climber part. You can put orders on the elevator to transfer resources. This will take ingame hours to ingame days depending on the tether length and available power. The game could also let you focus your camera on the elevator. Also manual override if you want. Kerbal seats would also be within to transfer a certain amount of kerbals to space or to ground.

This means timewarp would be needed unless you want to wait the entire time. Using some of my mods for KSP1 I made some examples. I understand if people wont want this or if this will be too silly. But again, there is some real interesting science in this. Having it part of the stock game could be interesting for late game base building if material handeling and such would be a thing. And again not any planet or moon would be able to have one depending on rotational periods or moon orbits.

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I've wanted Space Elevators included in KSP for years. I think it's believable with KSP2, for two reasons:

1) Interstellar flight.

2) Colonies and Orbital VAB.

I could understand why they wouldn't have a Space Elevator in KSP1, because calculating the fuel usage and putting ships together in orbit for long flights is kind of the core mechanic. But in KSP2, they're moving that forward a step by having large assemblies in Space already. interstellar flight means they're looking past the 'Everything launched from Kerbin' stage.

If we could build a colony that can get all this material, and all the fuel we need for a VAB, and yet still has a much lower gravity, then a Space Elevator is perfectly believable. At the very least, make it the supply line to an Orbital VAB. They've said that 'routine supply flights' will have an automated function, so that Players aren't stuck hand-holding every routine flight. What's the difference between orbital flights in the background to stock an Orbital VAB, and a Space Elevator?