[1.12] FreeIva

JonnyOThan

4 hours ago, orionguy said:

Done, sorry.

K, you had ConfigurableContainers installed.  I can't figure out how to make the passthrough stuff work with that or ModularFuelTanks, so I just disabled it when those mods are installed.

For stuff you can't figure out how to make passthrough stuff work:

Display 2 seconds of darkness indicating traversal of the space.  In addition, display in green text upon the screen: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue." ;)

This is brilliant!

Just reporting, not complaining.  I built a craft consisting of (bottom to top) the Z-4k Rechargeable Battery Pack, the RC-L01 Remote Guidance Unit, a TMA-1 Orb (w/ Jeb and Bill), a Small centrifugeal Habitat [sic], and a PA-Z0650 Small Centrifuge (containing mod below).  I launched this and hit 'C'.  It switched to an IVA!  I hit 'Y' to unbuckle and fell through the ground into the void below.

Relaunch, 'transfer crew' Jeb to the Small centrifugeal Habitat, and I hit 'C'; it had an IVA!  I hit 'Y' and fell through the ground into the void below.

Sensing a nascent pattern, I came here to give congratulations, kudos, and a report. :)

Parts mod referenced above:
[1.12.x] Tokamak Industries Refurbished Parts (Featuring Porkjet's hab pack) - Major Update

This mod is a keeper. ;)  Thanks.

Edited by jamesf
clarity

1 hour ago, jamesf said:

Relaunch, 'transfer crew' Jeb to the Small centrifugeal Habitat, and I hit 'C'; it had an IVA!  I hit 'Y' and fell through the ground into the void below.

Yep, Tokamak is not on the list of supported mods in the OP.  But I do appreciate suggestions for additional mods to support - sometimes it's something I've never even heard of, and it helps me focus efforts on things that people actually want.  I had never heard of Tokamak until 4 days ago when someone else suggested adding it to FreeIva :p.

Edited by JonnyOThan

FreeIva 0.2.6.1 is now available!

https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/releases/tag/0.2.6.1

Notable Changes

• Added support for Artemis Construction Kit
  • Added support for Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit. Includes brand-new (very bad) IVAs for the spacelab parts.
  • Added support for Mark IV Spaceplane System. Reviva is recommended for support in adapter parts.
  • Added support for B9 Aerospace
  • Passthrough system is more intelligent: disabling is done on a per-part basis and the part's info box will have details about volume penalties, structural variants, or incompatibilities.
  • Added an easter egg...somewhere.

Bug Fixes Etc.

• Fixed shadowing inside hatch tubes
  • Fixed some config issues in Mk2Expansion
  • Added a light to the large rockomax adapter
  • Fixed orientation issues with stack bicoupler and large quadcoupler
  • Fixed depth mask and border on inline docking ports
  • Fixed tube lengths on docking ports and when parts are offset
  • Fixed a bug in shell collider bounds that could break interactions after passing through a docking port
  • Disallow unbuclking in mk2Expansion Tuna/fishhead cockpit
  • Add lights to SSPX centrifuges
Edited by JonnyOThan

[WRN 09:37:07.716] Cannot find key FreeIva_AutoPassThrough_VolumeScalar in PART
[ERR 09:37:07.716] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key FreeIva_AutoPassThrough_VolumePercent = #$/FreeIva_AutoPassThrough_VolumeScalar$
[WRN 09:37:07.717] Cannot find key FreeIva_AutoPassThrough_VolumePercent in PART
[ERR 09:37:07.717] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key partInfo = #This part can be traversible in IVA with a penalty of $/FreeIva_AutoPassThrough_VolumePercent$% of its tank volume.

got loads of these errors.

4 hours ago, PyjackMeat said:
[WRN 09:37:07.716] Cannot find key FreeIva_AutoPassThrough_VolumeScalar in PART
[ERR 09:37:07.716] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key FreeIva_AutoPassThrough_VolumePercent = #$/FreeIva_AutoPassThrough_VolumeScalar$
[WRN 09:37:07.717] Cannot find key FreeIva_AutoPassThrough_VolumePercent in PART
[ERR 09:37:07.717] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key partInfo = #This part can be traversible in IVA with a penalty of $/FreeIva_AutoPassThrough_VolumePercent$% of its tank volume.

got loads of these errors.

Please post the entire log file.  These issues are related to supporting other mods, and with what you've posted I can't tell what parts they are or what mods you have installed.

Edited by JonnyOThan

8 minutes ago, PyjackMeat said:

OK, it's some kind of interaction with CryoTanks.  I'll figure it out...

15 minutes ago, KerbalOnKerbin said:

Hey so I was wondering if you could support Universal Storage in the next update? I really like to use their cores with Kerbalism but since they are unpassable it makes moving through the craft in IVA impossible.

I'll add it to the list...if it's just passthrough that's pretty easy to set up.

Version 0.2.7.0 is now released:

Controls: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/wiki/Controls
Support: https://discord.gg/vBDzZAq3AF

Dependencies

• ModuleManager is required.
  • B9PartSwitch is recommended for passable variants of some of the stock parts.
  • Reviva is recommended for even more passable variants of some stock and modded parts.
  • RasterPropMonitor and ASET props are recommended for the stock inline docking ports.

Notable Changes

Bug Fixes Etc.

• Fixed mk2Expansion and mk3Expansion passthrough when CryoTanks is installed
  • Better integration with RPM (requires 0.31.10.2 or later) so that you can interact with props after moving to another part

Known Issues

• Windows in distant parts do not render correctly

0.2.8.0 is now available!

Notable Changes

• Added support for ProbeControlRoom (adopted version)
  • You can now switch to a kerbal by pressing V when aiming at them
  • Acceleration forces from flight are fully modeled

Bug Fixes Etc.

• Fixed ExtraDockingPorts support
  • Fixed a bunch of (harmless) errors and warnings
  • Fixed shadows in stock Mobile Processing Lab
  • Fixed ALCOR top hatch
  • Prepping for better KerbalVR support

0.2.9.2 is now available!

Congratuations to @benjee10 on a wonderful HabTech2 update:

To celebrate, I added FreeIva support to all the parts he built IVAs for (and one he didn't!).

In addition, you can now type "freeiva" into the stock search box to see all FreeIva-traversable parts (with some false positives because the stock search feature is weird).  I also added optional CommunityCategoryKit support, so if you have that then you'll be able to see all FreeIva parts in one category tab.

https://spacedock.info/mod/3151/FreeIva#changelog

1 hour ago, PyjackMeat said:

benjee10_orion_forwardBayCover is not passable

This part is pretty strange, because it actually attaches to a node that's buried inside the orion part.  What you should do is attach what you want to the top of the orion capsule, then add the forwardBayCover.  That will work properly with FreeIva, but it will likely mean the cover can't be jettisoned.

There seems to be an issue when using this in conjunction with your new ProbeControlRoom.  When switching to the PCR with kerbals on a craft, the animations freeze.  Also, in the log, it mentions that the kerbals game objects have been disabled.  I assume this is not intentional, so maybe a bug?

6 hours ago, R-T-B said:

There seems to be an issue when using this in conjunction with your new ProbeControlRoom.  When switching to the PCR with kerbals on a craft, the animations freeze.  Also, in the log, it mentions that the kerbals game objects have been disabled.  I assume this is not intentional, so maybe a bug?

By "animations," do you mean the kerbal portraits?  They should be hidden while you're in PCR and then re-activated after you exit.  What method are you using to enter PCR mode?  Also, please post logs with bug reports.

Deactivating the stock portrait containers is intentional, because otherwise the mess of coroutines in there will hide uncrewed internal spaces 3 seconds after camera switch.

Edited by JonnyOThan

4 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

By "animations," do you mean the kerbal portraits?  They should be hidden while you're in PCR and then re-activated after you exit.  What method are you using to enter PCR mode?  Also, please post logs with bug reports.

Deactivating the stock portrait containers is intentional, because otherwise the mess of coroutines in there will hide uncrewed internal spaces 3 seconds after camera switch.

I'll post a log shortly (big doh! moment there, swear I did but it's nowwhere to be found and now I am at work!), anyways I was simply entering it using the "c" key twice.

I fixed it personally last night by forcing a certain flag to always set true rather than disabling in dnspy, as shown here in highlighted:

RZaaJjY.png

I recognize this is not an ideal fix memory wise but perhaps it will help point you the right way until I can get a log?

Edited by R-T-B

Got requested log file, see here:

https://glacialsoftware.net/KSPlogfile.zip

As predicted by you, above fix eventually caused side-issues with seats, so is not usable.

EDIT:  I would guess this is the heart of the issue:

[ERR 12:19:31.938] Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Matlock Kerman' is inactive!

[ERR 12:19:31.938] Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Johnmon Kerman' is inactive!

[ERR 12:19:31.938] Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Sivin Kerman' is inactive!

[ERR 12:19:31.938] Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Dudfrid Kerman' is inactive!

These are all tourists, not sure if relevant.

Maybe check if the gameobject you are disabling .Contains("Kerman")?  Just a thought.

Edited by R-T-B

5 hours ago, R-T-B said:

Got requested log file, see here:

https://glacialsoftware.net/KSPlogfile.zip

As predicted by you, above fix eventually caused side-issues with seats, so is not usable.

EDIT:  I would guess this is the heart of the issue:

[ERR 12:19:31.938] Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Matlock Kerman' is inactive!

[ERR 12:19:31.938] Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Johnmon Kerman' is inactive!

[ERR 12:19:31.938] Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Sivin Kerman' is inactive!

[ERR 12:19:31.938] Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Dudfrid Kerman' is inactive!

These are all tourists, not sure if relevant.

Maybe check if the gameobject you are disabling .Contains("Kerman")?  Just a thought.

The error messages are a red herring: I *want* to prevent the coroutines from running when switching into the PCR.  If the cameras freeze after exiting it, I must not be restarting them properly.  *That’s* the right fix.