[1.12] FreeIva

JonnyOThan

3 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Mark IV Spaceplanes should already be supported.  If something isn't working, please post your log files.  I'll add the kerbonov to the todo list.

It does indeed, very sorry for not testing prior. Felt particularly stupid when I figured your list was the reason I got the mk IV parts... but reviewing it made me discover the flying saucers mod from the same author as buffalo 2. That looks like it might be great to add too.

On 3/8/2023 at 5:07 AM, JonnyOThan said:

Я не думаю, что разумно проходить через тепловой экран... могут ли они сделать это в реальной жизни? Я попытался добавить прохождение к большинству парашютов на основе стека, можете ли вы получить имена тех, кого я пропустил?

Для чего-либо, имеющего проблемы с столкновением, можете ли вы быть конкретными в отношении частей, которые соединяются вместе, чтобы воспроизвести проблему?

Hi, maybe I'm not on time, but you can make a kind of hatch in the shield.
Where the kerbal goes from the side of the module to the shield, you can apply the texture of the tiles from the shield to the hatch itself.

On 3/7/2023 at 3:54 PM, CirrusUpdraft said:

if you have the optional patch for Tantares to add proper IVAs to the parts that are currently missing them,

Where is this patch?  Ah, is it Well's?  think I found it..

Edited by JonnyOThan

if you recreate the Mir Docking module, and dock it to the bottom of the Krystall module, then dock a SOCK shuttle to it, you cannot pass from the Shuttle's docking module, through the Mir Docking Module, and Into Krystall

@CirrusUpdraft I really need the specific names of the parts involved here.  It takes me too long to try to guess and check what they might be, since I'm not familiar with these modules.

Edited by JonnyOThan

New update available!

https://spacedock.info/mod/3151/FreeIva

Notable Changes

• The KV2Pod and KV3Pod from Making History now have their external hatch moved to match where the internal hatch is located. This may break certain craft designs if that location is occupied. You can delete GameData/FreeIva/SquadExpansion/PartCfgs/KVPod_Airlocks.cfg to restore the default airlock location.
  • Unbuckling in non-supported parts is no longer allowed (underlying code changes made this more difficult). As always, if you'd like to see FreeIva support for your favorite IVA mods, let me know on the forum or discord.

Bug Fixes Etc.

• Fixed dockingPortSr showing up in external view
  • Fixed more issues with kerbal portraits in conjunction with ProbeControlRoom
  • Fixed broken centrifuge movement
  • Fixed a bunch of issues with Tantares

Perhaps some more love to Near Future Spacecraft and Construction? They have some peculiar parts, like trusses and engines with crew tunnels in them, that currently are not supported.

"mk2" Gemini pod (specifically, i have Restock no-dlc version, with DLC interior patched in) gets a hatch in the back, but it's always "blocked" even on lonely capsule (am assuming by interior itself, as it's halfway in the floor). Logically Gemini shouldn't have a hatch in the back, maybe just remove this?

Also a question. Most of the blank connecting tunnels (ones filling the width of various adapters, ones filling the gap between connected hatches of directly stacked parts, etc) have no texture, they're just blurry gray. Areas around and behind those hatches often are slightly weird - gaps, warped or missing texture, sticking polygons. Also most of the stock interiors have just gaps where interior windows connect to their exterior sides (using Restock)
If someone knows, is this supposed to be so or my install is borked?

7 hours ago, ShadowDr said:

Perhaps some more love to Near Future Spacecraft and Construction? They have some peculiar parts, like trusses and engines with crew tunnels in them, that currently are not supported.

"mk2" Gemini pod (specifically, i have Restock no-dlc version, with DLC interior patched in) gets a hatch in the back, but it's always "blocked" even on lonely capsule (am assuming by interior itself, as it's halfway in the floor). Logically Gemini shouldn't have a hatch in the back, maybe just remove this?

Also a question. Most of the blank connecting tunnels (ones filling the width of various adapters, ones filling the gap between connected hatches of directly stacked parts, etc) have no texture, they're just blurry gray. Areas around and behind those hatches often are slightly weird - gaps, warped or missing texture, sticking polygons. Also most of the stock interiors have just gaps where interior windows connect to their exterior sides (using Restock)
If someone knows, is this supposed to be so or my install is borked?

Please be specific about which parts in Near Future Spacecraft aren't working as expected.  I have an issue opened for the orbital maneuvering engine, but I'm not aware of any other problems.  Please understand: I'm completely unfamiliar with most of these mods so I make my best effort when adding support.  If I miss something, please tell me exactly how to find out what's wrong and pretend I've never seen this mod before.

Near Future Construction is on the planned list for support: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/labels/Mod Support

Huh I did not even realize that Restock+ has IVAs.  I'll have to think about that one...

The "tubes" are mostly untextured because A) I suck at texturing and B) they're procedurally scaled and it would look bad anyway.  There are a couple issues open about ideas to make them better, but they're fairly low priority because they are very difficult for not much payoff.  If there are gaps or obstructions though, those can be fixed pretty easily but I need to know what parts you connected together.

Gaps between the window and the exterior are a side effect of how I manipulate the depth masks, and parts where the glass is slightly inset from the exterior.  These can be fixed, but I'd need to know which parts are the most egregious - I'm not about to open every model file to check!

Edited by JonnyOThan

16 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Please be specific about which parts in Near Future Spacecraft aren't working as expected.  I have an issue opened for the orbital maneuvering engine, but I'm not aware of any other problems.  Please understand: I'm completely unfamiliar with most of these mods so I make my best effort when adding support.  If I miss something, please tell me exactly how to find out what's wrong and pretend I've never seen this mod before.

Near Future Construction is on the planned list for support: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/labels/Mod Support

Huh I did not even realize that Restock+ has IVAs.  I'll have to think about that one...

The "tubes" are mostly untextured because A) I suck at texturing and B) they're procedurally scaled and it would look bad anyway.  There are a couple issues open about ideas to make them better, but they're fairly low priority because they are very difficult for not much payoff.  If there are gaps or obstructions though, those can be fixed pretty easily but I need to know what parts you connected together.

Gaps between the window and the exterior are a side effect of how I manipulate the depth masks, and parts where the glass is slightly inset from the exterior.  These can be fixed, but I'd need to know which parts are the most egregious - I'm not about to open every model file to check!

Oh ok, i should've paid more attention to the links. Thanks for extensive reply. This wasn't meant as complain, just like general question, expecting something like "yes those may be considered"/"nope, not planned" and to continue from there)
Will dig through things and make a list of sorts in near future (ahem). Orbital engine is one of them.

In Restock+, there only are replacements for Making History DLC pods: Gemini two-seater (Mk2 in game i think?) and three ruzzian balls, and those are added as new parts if you don't have that DLC. They normally use DLC stock interiors, which are already configured for FreeIVA. there's just this backside hatch in Gemini that doesn't quite work.

I could (try to?) make some textured models for tunnels if you would like. Just need the specs.

43 minutes ago, ShadowDr said:

In Restock+, there only are replacements for Making History DLC pods: Gemini two-seater (Mk2 in game i think?) and three ruzzian balls, and those are added as new parts if you don't have that DLC. They normally use DLC stock interiors, which are already configured for FreeIVA. there's just this backside hatch in Gemini that doesn't quite work.

I could (try to?) make some textured models for tunnels if you would like. Just need the specs.

Hm, someone who doesn't have the dlc wouldn't have the IVAs, so where do the models come from?  Maybe it's just a replacement.  In either case I opened an issue to look into it.

The tubes between hatches are procedurally scaled, so without any code support whatever texture you make would be scaled to fit the correct length (usually squishing it a lot!).  @Icecoverywas going to work on a system to procedurally generate the tube, its textures, and other stuff like lights and railings but I don't know where that has ended up.

If you're decent at modeling/texturing, there are a LOT of models that could use some love in the FreeIva support for SSPX - all of the crew tubes and hubs of various sizes are just placeholders I made.

Edited by JonnyOThan

On 3/10/2023 at 11:07 AM, JonnyOThan said:

New update available!

https://spacedock.info/mod/3151/FreeIva

Notable Changes

• The KV2Pod and KV3Pod from Making History now have their external hatch moved to match where the internal hatch is located. This may break certain craft designs if that location is occupied. You can delete GameData/FreeIva/SquadExpansion/PartCfgs/KVPod_Airlocks.cfg to restore the default airlock location.
  • Unbuckling in non-supported parts is no longer allowed (underlying code changes made this more difficult). As always, if you'd like to see FreeIva support for your favorite IVA mods, let me know on the forum or discord.

Bug Fixes Etc.

• Fixed dockingPortSr showing up in external view
  • Fixed more issues with kerbal portraits in conjunction with ProbeControlRoom
  • Fixed broken centrifuge movement
  • Fixed a bunch of issues with Tantares

Thanks for the update! It improved my FPS massively when using a centrifuge from Stockalike Station Parts. The FPS was pretty bad before and moving through it had a number of issues, I had to toggle gravity on and off. But this fixed all that and FPS much better!

7 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Hm, someone who doesn't have the dlc wouldn't have the IVAs, so where do the models come from?  Maybe it's just a replacement.  In either case I opened an issue to look into it.

The tubes between hatches are procedurally scaled, so without any code support whatever texture you make would be scaled to fit the correct length (usually squishing it a lot!).  @Icecoverywas going to work on a system to procedurally generate the tube, its textures, and other stuff like lights and railings but I don't know where that has ended up.

If you're decent at modeling/texturing, there are a LOT of models that could use some love in the FreeIva support for SSPX - all of the crew tubes and hubs of various sizes are just placeholders I made.

I err, acquired the DLC IVA's and made a patch to link them, ahem; then this and other mods just work on them as if it was DLC. Normally without DLC they have blank placeholders with just a single lamp to highlight kerbals, and are unusable from IVA anyway. You don't have to worry about them.
On that point. Restock+ versions of the balls that are added with no DLC don't have their external hatches moved, as per that patchnote above. And I wondered why are they misaligned.

Dug through NF parts, it seems the only unsupported part is Octo-Girder Pressurised set. And this already was listed on github a while ago.
They're almost same size as PAS passages from SSPX, and have more or less same portholes, just angled weirdly. Could for now reuse PAS EVA's.

Noticed some mismatch in hatch sizes between different partsets, so that they don't fit together. And utter lack of early sideways connection points in career, so all early stations are just sticks. It was so much easier to build stuff without FreeIVA, yet can't play without FreeIVA anymore x)

8 hours ago, kspbiuitscursed said:

how is the BDB and Tundra exploration support going also love your work 

BDB is in progress.  It'll probably actually get rolled into BDB itself since I had to make a lot of IVA shells from scratch.  Tundra hasn't been started - you can track most of this stuff on github.

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

BDB is in progress.  It'll probably actually get rolled into BDB itself since I had to make a lot of IVA shells from scratch.  Tundra hasn't been started - you can track most of this stuff on github.

Once again, you continue to amaze. You're changing the face of KSP! Thanks!

Is OPT compatibility planned? With the original mod, not "legacy" or "continued", everything is very bad with the interiors, so you should only take on the original. I'm just surprised that such a classic is still not compatible with such a chic mod.

1 hour ago, VERT said:

Is OPT compatibility planned? With the original mod, not "legacy" or "continued", everything is very bad with the interiors, so you should only take on the original. I'm just surprised that such a classic is still not compatible with such a chic mod.

Yes, you can see the list of planned supported mods here: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A"Mod+Support"

12 minutes ago, kspbutitscursed said:

what about shuttle orbiter construction kit is that planned 

Yes, as you can see here and on the OP of this thread, SOCK is supported.

9 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Yes, you can see the list of planned supported mods here: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A"Mod+Support"

Yes, as you can see here and on the OP of this thread, SOCK is supported.

Thanks for the reply, I hope for a speedy release of compatibility. OPT is already perceived as stock content, which is why I haven’t updated to the latest version of this mod yet)

There are a couple more problems. When I tried to make artificial gravity in current with the help of electric drives, spinning a rod with hitchhikers' cabins at the ends, I found that during rotation the camera is in open space due to the lack of collision. I understand that in the rings from Station Parts Expansion Redux, the gravity is scripted, I just wanted to make it visible in the drain so that you could move around the homemade centrifuges. Also in Station Parts Expansion Redux, not very pleasant graphical artifacts are visible in all dome transitions.BsQHGsB8xBs.jpg?size=1279x1023&quality=9jSIaQSZiK_w.jpg?size=1270x1014&quality=9jjskAkrOePo.jpg?size=1279x1023&quality=9SX5tBN03WOE.jpg?size=1279x1023&quality=9

I'm not sure I totally follow what you're saying about the hitchhiker pods....is it that if the pod wall moves past you, you don't get pushed by it?

Yeah the domes are pretty janky because it's a weird mix of internal and external rendering.  There's not a lot I can do.

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

I'm not sure I totally follow what you're saying about the hitchhiker pods....is it that if the pod wall moves past you, you don't get pushed by it?

Yeah the domes are pretty janky because it's a weird mix of internal and external rendering.  There's not a lot I can do.

It is true that when the ship itself rotates in a vacuum, the wall pushes me when leaving the chair, when I set the rotation of the cabins by means of a servo drive, the wall passes through me and I find myself, as it were, in outer space.doc263847996_662430014?hash=C1g7uNJ8NH6ldoc263847996_662430232?hash=xnV9Yj5FT7zZ

FreeIva 0.2.11.0 is now available as a prerelease.  Please test it out and let me know about any issues!

https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/releases/tag/0.2.11.0

Dependencies

• ModuleManager is required.
  • B9PartSwitch is recommended for passable variants of some of the stock parts.
  • Reviva is recommended for even more passable variants of some stock and modded parts.
  • RasterPropMonitor and ASET Consolidated Props are recommended for the stock inline docking ports.
  • CommunityCategoryKit is recommended to see all FreeIVA-supported parts at once. You can also type "freeiva" into the stock search box, but may get some false positives.

Notable Changes

• Added support for KNES
  • Added preliminary support for Bluedog Design Bureau. Note this must be installed manually on top of your BDB install, replacing any files as necessary. Eventually this will be included in BDB itself.
  • Added support for Mk3 Mini Expansion
  • Added support for Starilex's mk1pod Needle IVA
  • Added support for SABS IVAs
  • Added support for ReStockPlus
  • Added localization support (thanks to @tinygrox !) And thanks to all the translators! If you'd like to translate FreeIva into your language, please get in touch on discord.

Bug Fixes Etc.

• Fixed m2x Angler seat config
  • Added a bunch of missing textures
  • Adjusted the restriction for unbuckling to support probe cores/ProbeControlRoom
  • Fixed some visual issues with habtech docking ports
  • Changed top hatch configuration for Artemis Construction Kit Orion pod: the docking port should now be attached to the parachute cover (should now work with the included craft file)
  • Added passthrough support to Near Future Spacecraft's orbital engine
  • Added EVA support to structural tubes. The 1.25m structural fuselage no longer has an IVA but you can EVA through it.
  • Fixed some bugs where other internals would disappear on vessel changed events or switching kerbals
  • Fixed planetside adapter part preventing opening hatches on the other side
  • Added support for old mk2landerCan internals
  • Prevent double-clicking on camera colliders when unbuckled
  • Increased the acceleration threshold for orienting to the horizon when not landed

On 3/28/2023 at 2:45 AM, JonnyOThan said:

Да, вы можете увидеть список запланированных поддерживаемых модов здесь:  https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A"Mod+Support"

Да, как вы можете видеть  здесь и в OP этой темы, SOCK поддерживается.

By the way, if you need a list of parts with IVAs OPT, I can make it, as I often play with this mod. The truth is not earlier than the day after tomorrow

Edited by VERT
Added English translation.

9 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

FreeIva 0.2.11.0 is now available as a prerelease.  Please test it out and let me know about any issues!

https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/releases/tag/0.2.11.0

Dependencies

• ModuleManager is required.
  • B9PartSwitch is recommended for passable variants of some of the stock parts.
  • Reviva is recommended for even more passable variants of some stock and modded parts.
  • RasterPropMonitor and ASET Consolidated Props are recommended for the stock inline docking ports.
  • CommunityCategoryKit is recommended to see all FreeIVA-supported parts at once. You can also type "freeiva" into the stock search box, but may get some false positives.

Notable Changes

• Added support for KNES
  • Added preliminary support for Bluedog Design Bureau. Note this must be installed manually on top of your BDB install, replacing any files as necessary. Eventually this will be included in BDB itself.
  • Added support for Mk3 Mini Expansion
  • Added support for Starilex's mk1pod Needle IVA
  • Added support for SABS IVAs
  • Added support for ReStockPlus
  • Added localization support (thanks to @tinygrox !) And thanks to all the translators! If you'd like to translate FreeIva into your language, please get in touch on discord.

Bug Fixes Etc.

• Fixed m2x Angler seat config
  • Added a bunch of missing textures
  • Adjusted the restriction for unbuckling to support probe cores/ProbeControlRoom
  • Fixed some visual issues with habtech docking ports
  • Changed top hatch configuration for Artemis Construction Kit Orion pod: the docking port should now be attached to the parachute cover (should now work with the included craft file)
  • Added passthrough support to Near Future Spacecraft's orbital engine
  • Added EVA support to structural tubes. The 1.25m structural fuselage no longer has an IVA but you can EVA through it.
  • Fixed some bugs where other internals would disappear on vessel changed events or switching kerbals
  • Fixed planetside adapter part preventing opening hatches on the other side
  • Added support for old mk2landerCan internals
  • Prevent double-clicking on camera colliders when unbuckled
  • Increased the acceleration threshold for orienting to the horizon when not landed

Nice!
With BDB, can I leave it as is once I update freeiva? I want to try out the rest of the update but I don't want to take risks manually replacing files and would rather wait for full support down the line.