Start a mod development

13 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

The official references are comprehensive but not very approachable for starting out:

https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/ksp/api/index.html

The pinned posts in this subforum are better for a tutorial style introduction:

And how to test my mod? I had to close and relaunch the game ? Or theres is any trick to "refresh" my mod without opening the game?

47 minutes ago, Albert7df said:

And how to test my mod? I had to close and relaunch the game ?

Yes,  or at least this is what I have always done.

47 minutes ago, Albert7df said:

Or theres is any trick to "refresh" my mod without opening the game?

I don't know of any way, but maybe someone will stop by and enlighten both of us.

47 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

And how to test my mod? I had to close and relaunch the game ?

47 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Yes,  or at least this is what I have always done.

It would be very painfull, specially if i want to do something complex

Edited by Albert7df
Fixing words

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

I don't know of any way, but maybe someone will stop by and enlighten both of us.

I think i have an idea, at least to reduce the reload of the game, if you don't create any new behaviour or dependency with core, it could work, just create 2 assemblies, one with the dependencies to the core, it could have all Modules and inheritance, and other asembly for the logic, the first one would be almost with the dependency and just call the logic where the real code is, also it inject the real core object to the second assembly. Also play a button that when i click on it, the dll is reloaded with new code, all Modules would readapt to this new logic, at the end, when the pluging would be for production, the first assembly could be throw, and the second assembly just would need to inherith from the right object.

Do you think it could work?

Edited by Albert7df
explain better.

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2022 at 11:30 PM, Albert7df said:

I think i have an idea, at least to reduce the reload of the game, if you don't create any new behaviour or dependency with core, it could work, just create 2 assemblies, one with the dependencies to the core, it could have all Modules and inheritance, and other asembly for the logic, the first one would be almost with the dependency and just call the logic where the real code is, also it inject the real core object to the second assembly. Also play a button that when i click on it, the dll is reloaded with new code, all Modules would readapt to this new logic, at the end, when the pluging would be for production, the first assembly could be throw, and the second assembly just would need to inherith from the right object.

Do you think it could work?

Only thing you can safely do is to delete all the parts except for one, and don't have any of the DLCs installed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.