Craft not loading

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, so can you navigate the menu and still build a new one? What if you load SPH and build in there? Same? 

Only funny I could think is the names all having 11 in them... Maybe it's got itself a bit confused. It will be using a unique key in the database and likely the name forms part of it. 

What if you start a new career, assuming this would work fine? 

Yes, I can build a new one, however i had some cool craft saved so it's a shame that i can't access them anymore. It would be interesting if the cause actually were the names with the number ones. I named them according to the mission order, 1 would be the first launch, 2 the second and so on. I've been playing console ksp for almost 4 years and this is the first time that i've had any problems with the craft loading. I am now playing on laptop and holy excrements it's so much easier

• 3 weeks later...

I've had this happen before and there is a fix.  It's been a while, so I'll try to remember how I fixed it... 

This happens when you try to save a craft that you are working on, and it doesn't save fully so the file is corrupted.  If you can remember the EXACT NAME of the last craft you tried to save before you got the error, then make a new craft and save it as the same name as the corrupt one.  This should save over the corrupt file and allow you to load the rest of your crafts again.  
Hope this helps.  I'm pretty sure that's how I got mine to work again. 

Good luck!

20 hours ago, BALOK said:

I've had this happen before and there is a fix.  It's been a while, so I'll try to remember how I fixed it... 

This happens when you try to save a craft that you are working on, and it doesn't save fully so the file is corrupted.  If you can remember the EXACT NAME of the last craft you tried to save before you got the error, then make a new craft and save it as the same name as the corrupt one.  This should save over the corrupt file and allow you to load the rest of your crafts again.  

Good luck!

Thank you for this, i haven't played console ksp for a while now, have mostly migrated to my laptop but i'll definitely try this once i play on console again. It shouldn't be that hard to remember the name as i named my craft after the launch order (1, 2, 3 etc.). Thank you

On 12/18/2022 at 2:36 AM, BALOK said:

Good luck!

Thank you so much, it worked exactly as intended, I'm glad i named my craft after launch order, the corrupted one was '12'. Cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.