KSP 1.12.4 crashes during loading

I recently started playing KSP again after a while, and updated it just before I tried to open it.  Now, when I open KSP, it seems to load fine until around 1/3 to 1/2 the way through loading, KSP crashes. The first time, I think it crashed on loading some of my flags, so I removed them even though they looked fine. KSP then crashed at a different spot. I thought it could have been a mod since it crashed on the same file, so I removed the mod (I don't remember which one), but next time it crashes on a different spot when loading a different mod. I've tried loading KSP many times, letting it crash, then removing the mod it crashes on, but it continues to crash at different spots. I believe a few times it gave me some sort of memory error (I'll get a screenshot after I try loading one more time) Should I try removing all mods, or what, since it doesn't look like a single mod causing problems. I have tried loading with and without the launcher as well.. It's been a while so I don't remember if I had this problem before I took a break from KSP or only after I updated KSP, unfortunately, since that would be really helpful. Is there a way to go back to the previous version on Steam? 

I have also verified the integrity of the game files on steam, but it didn't fix anything.

Edited by Ben J. Kerman
Sorry this is hard to read.

Just now, Ben J. Kerman said:

I recently started playing KSP again after a while, and updated it just before I tried to open it.  Now, when I open KSP, it seems to load fine until around 1/3 to 1/2 the way through loading, KSP crashes. The first time, I think it crashed on loading some of my flags, so I removed them even though they looked fine. KSP then crashed at a different spot. I thought it could have been a mod since it crashed on the same file, so I removed the mod (I don't remember which one), but next time it crashes on a different spot when loading a different mod. I've tried loading KSP many times, letting it crash, then removing the mod it crashes on, but it continues to crash at different spots. I believe a few times it gave me some sort of memory error (I'll get a screenshot after I try loading one more time) Should I try removing all mods, or what, since it doesn't look like a single mod causing problems. I have tried loading with and without the launcher as well.. It's been a while so I don't remember if I had this problem before I took a break from KSP or only after I updated KSP, unfortunately, since that would be really helpful. Is there a way to go back to the previous version on Steam? 

Hello that is one of the cool things of steam you can upgrade and downgrade, right click on properties and then select the called "beta version" 1.12.3

6VKuLJs.png

bjY83sp.png

And in the end open your persistent file and downgrade the version:

C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves\default\persistent.sfs

GAME
{
    version = 1.12.3
    Title = default (CAREER)

It didn't fix it, unfortunately. Also, when I went to persistent.sfs, it was already at 1.12.3 after I changed it in Steam. When I try to load KSP through steam, the launcher still appears, and KSP won't even begin to load (I think that was happening before, though). When I open KSP from the exe in the Steam KSP folder, I still have the same problem where it loads fo a little bit and then crashes for no reason.

2 hours ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

It didn't fix it, unfortunately. Also, when I went to persistent.sfs, it was already at 1.12.3 after I changed it in Steam. When I try to load KSP through steam, the launcher still appears, and KSP won't even begin to load (I think that was happening before, though). When I open KSP from the exe in the Steam KSP folder, I still have the same problem where it loads fo a little bit and then crashes for no reason.

There is always a reason inside the KSP.log file... :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.