Has it snowed where you are yet?

Ryaja

Has it snowed where you are yet?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Has it snowed where you are yet?

I was just wondering if anyone has had snow yet, where I am it has actually about a month ago a couple weeks before Halloween then it was like 80 degrees for a few weeks and now it is snowing again(but that's fall and spring in Utah it's either freezing or burning.)

Edited by Ryaja

It briefly snowed here in the Fraser Valley recently, but not enough to stick. Although the surrounding mountains pick up a dusting regularly

14 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Canada. Snow. Way of life. 

Greater Vancouver/Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley/Vancouver Island (let's just call it BC South Coast) part of Canada is the exception that proves the rule. Generally 0-5 dumps of snow per winter, enough to cause chaos but not enough for the majority of drivers to know how to deal with it.

Las Vegas gets snow once every other year for like a day. Mount Charleston, however, got snow right around November 1st.

On 11/26/2022 at 4:03 PM, Ryaja said:

I was just wondering if anyone has had snow yet, where I am it has actually about a month ago a couple weeks before Halloween then it was like 80 degrees for a few weeks and now it is snowing again(but that's fall and spring in Utah it's either freezing or burning.)

Burning? Try 121 degree summers.:/

3 minutes ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

Las Vegas gets snow once every other year for like a day. Mount Charleston, however, got snow right around November 1st.

Burning? Try 121 degree summers.:/

It feels burning when the previous day was snowing and ~33 degrees.

There is an inch of snow right now and it is snowing hard, I have to walk a good distance from the bus stop too. 

Edit: it has been around 2 or 3 hours since the snow started.

IMG_20221128_152202.jpg

Edited by Ryaja

idk if id call what we have snow. everything is frosted though, we had some snow in october but it didnt last 24 hours.  this time last year it was knee high and by christmas up to my spleen. keep in mind im 6'2". 

Edited by Nuke

3 hours ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

Also in Florida, I’m okay with maybe 2-3 inches of snow, enough to cancel school for the day, but not enough to close down everything else.

you cancel at only 2 inches? in alaska they dont cancel unless 2 feet. 

I can't remember exactly the last time I saw snow. Living in The Netherlands which is at that point where winters get just cold enough to get a few weeks of ice and snow... or at least it used to when I was younger. I remember throwing snow balls as a kid, going to the (natural) ice rink with my parents, having a day off from school to go ice skating, not a chance of that these days. Amazing to think there are 25 year old people now who have never witnessed a Elfstedentocht...

1 hour ago, Beamer said:

I can't remember exactly the last time I saw snow. Living in The Netherlands which is at that point where winters get just cold enough to get a few weeks of ice and snow... or at least it used to when I was younger. I remember throwing snow balls as a kid, going to the (natural) ice rink with my parents, having a day off from school to go ice skating, not a chance of that these days. Amazing to think there are 25 year old people now who have never witnessed a Elfstedentocht...

Don’t worry, once the Gulf Stream fails, Northern Europe will be commuting on skates…

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.