Colony architecture

Pthigrivi

@[email protected] Exactly. Thats why you really want climate controlled mass production. Conditioned space is a huge premium and it solves most of these variables. Im not an extra planetary materials expert but I know concrete. My suspicion is with proper pressure, temperature, and humidity control you could get good results even in 1/6 or 1/3 gravity with proper vibration.

My issue is everything shown so for is just cylinders and domes. Very bland shapes basically.  I'm not against it, but I would like to see a little variety with what you can do without clipping things together. I know that there was plans for surface attached parts to help with the bland designs. (See the colonies show & tells for the quote from Nate.) Some greebling would help a little, but some other building shapes would help a lot.

Materials used? I really don't care much if it's realistic or not. Or even viable in RL. It just needs to look good and to fit the part. So if it looks like a concrete and glass building, awesome. If it looks like a metal skinned structure, awesome. I really don't care as long as it looks good.

17 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Materials used? I really don't care much if it's realistic or not. Or even viable in RL. It just needs to look good and to fit the part. So if it looks like a concrete and glass building, awesome. If it looks like a metal skinned structure, awesome. I really don't care as long as it looks good.

So in my thinking there could be an interesting dynamic between early resource harvesting and the kinds of modules that use those early resources and late game resource processing and how that might unlock more dynamic structural design. This could be dead simple and still produce really wild results. So for the sake of argument what if all colony parts used 3 simple resources as their buid cost: Metals, Plastics, and Regolith. Now early in the game you've set down your first starter-colony modules and begun turning local surface ices or volatiles into fuel--Methalox, Monoprop, maybe some LH2. Once you've got some decent power generation maybe you can smelt ore into Metals, process your volatiles into Plastics, and use those to make some simple inflatable hab modules, tier 1 greenhouses, etc. As you progress and your tech and processing increases eventually you might be able to store large amounts regolith as a by-product. This could be combined with just a small dash of Volatiles and Metals to produce concrete structures--footings, piers, spans, uranium storage casks, maybe big complex processors like we saw in that show and tell. You don't even need "Concrete" as an intermediate material, just include Regolith in the build cost and it's assumed. The big thing about those structures though is they would behave differently in the design process because they don't deflect. They don't bend or sag or wobble. You could use them to set up pilings and spans for a colony that bridged a canyon, or as a vertical structural shaft off which you hung other cantilevered modules, or as ground-level arched hangers for harvesting rovers with the rest of the colony all piled up on top. Being able to create your own stable baring points would radically change the kinds of things you could build. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

3 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

So in my thinking there could be an interesting dynamic between early resource harvesting and the kinds of modules that use those early resources and late game resource processing and how that might unlock more dynamic structural design. This could be dead simple and still produce really wild results. So for the sake of argument what if all colony parts used 3 simple resources as their buid cost: Metals, Plastics, and Regolith. Now early in the game you've set down your first starter-colony modules and begun turning local surface ices or volatiles into fuel--Methalox, Monoprop, maybe some LH2. Once you've got some decent power generation maybe you can smelt ore into Metals, process your volatiles into Plastics, and use those to make some simple inflatable hab modules, tier 1 greenhouses, etc. As you progress and your tech and processing increases eventually you might be able to store large amounts regolith as a by-product. This could be combined with just a small dash of Volatiles and Metals to produce concrete structures--footings, piers, spans, uranium storage casks, maybe big complex processors like we saw in that show and tell. You don't even need "Concrete" as an intermediate material, just include Regolith in the build cost and it's assumed. The big thing about those structures though is they would behave differently in the design process because they don't deflect. They don't bend or sag or wobble. You could use them to set up pilings and spans for a colony that bridged a canyon, or as a vertical structural shaft off which you hung other cantilevered modules, or as ground-level arched hangers for harvesting rovers with the rest of the colony all piled up on top. Being able to create your own stable baring points would radically change the kinds of things you could build. 

That's one view of colonies.

I'm not going geek out to the material side of colony construction. As long as the items have reasonable material costs, I'll be happy. If there will be different structural properties for the different materials or parts, I would hope they will noted in a plain way. It could be done either by the description or visually. (Preferably visually.)

I like the vision of complex and unusual uses for the colony modules. But I also agree with regex about colonies shouldn't be a hugely complicated affair. There should be enough to build up a functional colony quickly. Then there should be the extras to create the modern architectural jewel if the want is there.

My point is this. A lot of our expectations for what a colony looks like comes from NASA and the Russians. Early on our colony’s might look like MKS and it’s Ballon buildings and boxes, or things that look like they came out of a kit box like Kerbal planetary base systems, or salvaged supply landers. 

to me while the Jetson sci fi mushroom towers domes look all right, they should be the product of a colony that has stepped beyond importing labor and has started exporting it.

On 12/15/2022 at 12:55 AM, [email protected] said:

My point is this. A lot of our expectations for what a colony looks like comes from NASA and the Russians. Early on our colony’s might look like MKS and it’s Ballon buildings and boxes, or things that look like they came out of a kit box like Kerbal planetary base systems, or salvaged supply landers. 

to me while the Jetson sci fi mushroom towers domes look all right, they should be the product of a colony that has stepped beyond importing labor and has started exporting it.

Amen.  I really home we get some nice small sketchy bases in the early stages, like For All Mankind’s Jamestown.

On 12/13/2022 at 1:43 PM, Vl3d said:

What I would love to see is a lot of rovers coming and going, a lot of rockets or planes taking off - all of them controlled by the delivery routes system. And of course that means.. tracks on the ground and roads.

Could be a good avenue for modding. Route planning between bases for various delivery rovers is an interesting problem that's kind of stand-alone from everything else the game is doing. So that could be made into its own system. Players would have to plan a rover around the AI a bit, which is a big part of why I don't think it'd be part of vanilla, but for a modded expansion that seems like a reasonable requirements. I don't know if it'd be viable with interplanetary routes, though. That has a few too many failure modes to make it work reliably.

On 12/13/2022 at 6:49 PM, Pthigrivi said:

My suspicion is with proper pressure, temperature, and humidity control you could get good results even in 1/6 or 1/3 gravity with proper vibration.

I wonder if you could combine it with some kind of compression system as well. Like an airtight form that's open on the top (though still protected from raw vacuum) with a vibration system and some kind of hydraulic press type system that comes down from the top and compresses the concrete, while also letting the gas escape.

Also, environmental control would help, but we already effective additives that mitigate difficult conditions. I have to suspect that down that road could be more advanced ones that could be developed to aid in these conditions.

There are also some really interesting synthetic plasticized polymer products out there with similar properties to concrete, but also some nice advantages, that I have run across. They aren't used in lieu of concrete, they are generally used as coatings/cover layers but I don't know if that's a matter of expense/material availability (which wouldn't be an issue for a 'spare no expense' type moonbase), or if it's that their properties aren't as suited for heavy, large scale stuff. Though, operating in a lower gravity environment means that heaviness is less of a factor.

On 12/13/2022 at 5:05 PM, [email protected] said:

Concretes are known for there ability to capture water, oxygen, and carbon dioxide and form acidic compounds

That's one of the uses I've seen for them. As a cover coating to try and prevent/mitigate this.

On 12/13/2022 at 5:05 PM, [email protected] said:

some rebar and fiber stressed samples failed mechanically after only  a few months of simulated cycles

So I don't have anything solid behind this part, I'm just speculating/extrapolating wildly, but I wonder: if some of the synthetic polymers I mentioned could be used for building, or more advanced versions developed that could be used, or even mixed with concrete, that were lighter and more flexible than plain concrete, and if  you used a reinforcing element that also had flexibility, like kevlar (though that loses strength against shear stress. was just a random thought, anyway) or something...maybe you could end up with something more suited to building in these kind of environments

One very pragmatic reason for rails, roads, and pipelines connecting bases (with proper background code for supply routes and resource flow and such) is that it could drastically reduce part count for a given loaded scene. 

For example, a colony with integrated isru, mining, shipyard,  refuel station and such could grow to make your machine lag.  But if the connected shipyard was 3km to the south, the mining/isru 3km to the north, etc then visiting any of them doesn't load all of them. 

Especially having the refuel station down a pipeline a few klicks away so you can land craft and refuel them without loading everything into the scene.  It gives you more part count headroom to refuel several craft at once

On 12/19/2022 at 2:20 AM, K^2 said:

Could be a good avenue for modding. Route planning between bases for various delivery rovers is an interesting problem that's kind of stand-alone from everything else the game is doing. So that could be made into its own system. Players would have to plan a rover around the AI a bit, which is a big part of why I don't think it'd be part of vanilla, but for a modded expansion that seems like a reasonable requirements. I don't know if it'd be viable with interplanetary routes, though. That has a few too many failure modes to make it work reliably.

I'm wondering if they took a note from "Satisfactory" on this: player has to 'record' a route the first time, which sets the vehicle's path, and then choose to automate.  Pretty simple from a UI perspective.  Don't have any idea how complicated 'under the hood' but it works.

5 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I'm wondering if they took a note from "Satisfactory" on this: player has to 'record' a route the first time, which sets the vehicle's path, and then choose to automate.  Pretty simple from a UI perspective.  Don't have any idea how complicated 'under the hood' but it works.

The trouble is that planets move relative to each other, so the rocket can't take the same trajectory every time. Even if you wait for transfer windows, no two will ever be exactly the same.

Edit: It's more viable for ground vehicles/flights, but terrain and physics in KSP2 is still quite a bit more complicated in Factorio, so you need some degree of autonomy - it can't just repeat the inputs and get the same result.

Edited by K^2

2 hours ago, K^2 said:

The trouble is that planets move relative to each other, so the rocket can't take the same trajectory every time. Even if you wait for transfer windows, no two will ever be exactly the same.

Edit: It's more viable for ground vehicles/flights, but terrain and physics in KSP2 is still quite a bit more complicated in Factorio, so you need some degree of autonomy - it can't just repeat the inputs and get the same result.

I was only thinking about Rover ISRU - completely forgot about Rockets.  Those will probably 'be on rails' behind the scenes stuff - don't we think?

Edit - I mean, I think the player will have to 'set up' a run (presumably not fly and land perfectly).  Essentially designate a home port, a cargo, a destination and maybe a stop or two... But once done, 'the system' will work out the details.  There may be an animation on the DSN - and maybe the player will even see a ship spawn and fly off if they're looking for it... But once set up the system will keep track of the resource transfer and volume on hand. 

(Writing this b/c if I have to land a ship anywhere else but 'within 5km of the base' it ain't happening) 

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

@JoeSchmuckatelli Yeah, I think that's how the interplanetary deliveries will work.

Have rover deliveries/routes even been confirmed? I haven't heard anything about that, which is why I suggested mods for it.

With rovers, full automation is technically possible. Self-driving car is an extremely hard problem, but self-driving rover on a planet with no pedestrians or traffic not controlled by the same AI, and with perfect information about level geometry available to the AI, it becomes more like an undergraduate thesis in robotics kind of hard. Not saying it's strictly necessary to go this hardcore on it, but a mod where you just designate a route on the map and a vehicle from your library, and just tell it to go to work would be neat.

Failing that, yeah, having something a bit more like drive the route, have the mod repeat is much easier. It still can't simply record the inputs, because there will absolutely be tiny differences that accumulate, and the rover will invariably get stuck in some ditch somewhere - particularly annoyingly if it doesn't happen every single run, but you can work around that. You can either keep the rover entirely on rails and have it repeat the traveled path ignoring collisions, or have a simple nav-point following algorithm. Ideal solution is do both. I don't know how familiar you are with GTA games, but what they do for traffic is that by default, cars are just on rails following the route unless one of two things happen: they collide with something, or there is an event causing "panic," like if player opens fire nearby. In both of these cases, driving AI takes over, and instead of just being on rails, the car tries to navigate to points on a route.

Something like that can work pretty well for rover routes, because when you're away, it doesn't have to do any of the computations, and just updates "time on route," and if you get in range, it can place the vehicle where it needs to be and continue on rails unless it collides with another vehicle, at which point it can try to return to the route by driving towards nearest nav-point on the route. This is probably a more viable mod, and might even be stock at some point.

Anyways, there are options. I have no idea what Intercept is planning for this, but I hope modding community will make it extra either way.

10 minutes ago, K^2 said:

Have rover deliveries/routes even been confirmed

I think there is a short segment in Nate's EA announcement about it.  From what I remember he said something to the effect that once you build the outpost (resource extraction) and drive the route you can automate it.  Nothing detailed, however. 

He did talk about sharing resources between SOIs and even star systems.  Again, no detail - all this is way down the road. 

Anyone who remembers better, please correct me. 

The way Satisfactory does it is that the player drops waypoints automatically as they drive a route.  Represented by numerous directional triangles that you can see with a toggle (not unlike the Dino pathing visible in HzD).

Because the player and vehicle are following terrain (and the vehicle has to survive the trip) you can have relative certainty that the ai can run the routes. 

In Satisfactory, there have been some hilarity involved when a player allows two vehicles paths' to cross. 

The Russians had a autonomous Rover all the way back on the Mars 3 lander. Granted it was tethered and basically had the terrain obstacle avoidance of a child’s toy car from the 70s but it was workable and useable. If the rest of the Mars 3 project had not gone so disastrously wrong. . . .( seriously the orbiter failed to achieve correct orbit, the lander was dropped into a massive Martian dust storm, and the lander failed in said dust storm because of probable coronal Discharge.

just an observation mostly.  While I suspect that most early off world bases  would be simple enough to just set up an run, beyond a point the complexity starts getting crazy, after all we’re basicaly planning to build colony’s to build first solar system ships and then literal star ships. This is technically not something I can see Jeb and a few of his buddy’s doing out of assorted landing pods.  Things like that tend to need the population of a small town employed either directly in mining, refining processing and manufacturing everything from fidlybits to engines and vehicles, and more working full time on food harvesting/production, life support maintenance, power system maintinence, repair, medical, laundry and clothing maintenance and repair, housing production and repair and all kinds of maintenance and construction, and so on.

Oh and let’s  not forget Human Resources departments, accountants, warehouse  staff and management, and so on.

oh and what about family’s, kids,  seriously if your base gets big enough and your there long enough, your going to have that problem sooner or later and those need all kinds of additional things as well,  so schools, and activity’s. Then there’s pets…which means Vets or repairmen, depending on if the pet is organic or not, Ways to have a vacation of some kind, because your looking at projects that can take years if not lifetimes, and so on.

Edited by [email protected]

9 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

From what I remember he said something to the effect that once you build the outpost (resource extraction) and drive the route you can automate it.  Nothing detailed, however. 

He did talk about sharing resources between SOIs and even star systems.  Again, no detail - all this is way down the road. 

Anyone who remembers better, please correct me. 

At 18:30. He specifically mentioned automating rover deliveries.

Edited by Vl3d

• 3 weeks later...

I spent a bit of time thinking about how I'd actually like to see colonies work. One important thing to me is that most modules should have some function. Of course when we're making vessels there's a lot of aesthetic creativity possible, but the parts themselves almost always have a reason to be there. Tanks, engines, PV panels, aero surfaces all contribute to how the vessel functions. Besides things like connector tubes colonies should follow the same logic. Id also love for kerbals themselves to be important, that they're necessary to make most modules work or work better. For fun I ran through and sketched out how I think that might work.

Science Labs: These could be hubs where surface samples and specimens might be delivered, receiving points for experiment transmissions, and I think should also be integrated into turning raw data into usable science that can be spent on tech unlocks. Perhaps having labs in the field would increase your overall processing speed, potentially with multipliers depending on where they are. 

Control hubs: These would be control rooms for running probes without needing to have a connection all the way back to Kerbin. Adding or upgrading control hubs might also expand the number of automated supply routes that a colony or station could support.

Nurseries: These would enable population growth after boom events. I think it would be cute if kerblings initially lived in these modules and as you expanded habitation they would move out and become useful crew. I think the more automatic these kinds of mechanics are the better. 

Greenhouses: I feel pretty strongly that LS should be important, and that it could be accomplished with just one resource main: snacks. Greenhouses might serve a dual role, generating new snacks using fertilizer, and slowing the rate at which snacks are consumed by recycling compost. You might also have hydroponics bays that produce more with fewer crew but with higher mass and higher energy and input costs. 

Reactors and Resource Harvesters: I think some power sources like solar and wind turbines might work just fine without crew maintenance, but perhaps some of the more complex reactors would run more efficiently with crew assigned. That way you could still use them on autonomous vessels but having dedicated crew would make them more useful. I also think resource harvesters whether for gathering regolith or subsurface drilling would also have big bonuses when crew are assigned.

Fuel and Resource Plants: Presumably colony modules and vessel components will have resource costs, and I think the plants that produce things like refined metals, uranium, maybe plastics or rare materials should need to be staffed to function. Same with fuel plants. Perhaps the simpler plants like methalox and monoprop could work on their own at reduced efficiency so players could do some Mars Direct type missions, but the more complex factories should really require on-site crew. 

Offworld VABs and Orbital Construction Platforms: I think these should also need to be staffed. I'm not personally a fan of construction time, but that might be a factor, or perhaps half-staffed VABs would have reduced maximum mass or dimensions. I think you could also add separate part factories that would expand the kind and size of parts that a VAB could employ, but its not really necessary. 

Habitation Modules: I think this could also be really simple; that like snacks and radiation protection having adequate housing would not be required but would give productivity bonuses for all of the above jobs. Each habitation module would have a rating for how many kerbals it can house, and so long as you have equal or greater housing to colonists everyone stays happy. 

Ideally that's as complex as I'd like to see it. I've mentioned before I'd personally remove kerbal classes to keep things simple and flexible and avoid mismatches in crew abilities. When you add any of the modules that have crew positions they could even be filled automatically if you had kerbals available, or you could manually move them around if you wanted to crank up a particular production system. Same with individual training and skills--the less time we spend scrolling through rosters and manually managing dozens of kerbals the better. I think it would be cool if kerbal skills could be upgraded over time but this could really be handled by including abilities on the tech tree and they just apply to all kerabls in your program.

I played around with adding values to some of these and seeing what kinds of crew requirements might emerge. Obviously this is all made up and I'm sure it will be quite different in the finished game. It's just for fun:

Spoiler

Starter colony:
- 2.5m research lab - 2 crew
- 2.5m control hub - 3 crew
- 1.25m reactor - 1 crew
- Methalox 1 - 2 crew
- Monoprop 1 - 1 crew
- Metals 1 - 2 crew
- Plastics 1 - 2 crew
- Regolith 1 - 3 crew
- Regolith Harvesters - 2 crew
- Deep resources - 2 crew
- Snacks - 3x 2.5m greenhouse - 3 crew

Total: 24 crew, 3x 3.75m bunkhouses

Early colony:
- 3.7m research lab - 3 crew
- 2.5m control hub - 3 crew
- 2.5m fission reactor - 2 crew
- Methalox 1 - 2 crew
- Monoprop 1 - 1 crew
- LH2 Factory - 3 crew
- Metals 1 - 2 crew
- Plastics 1 - 2 crew
- Regolith 1 - 3 crew
- Rare Metals 1 - 3 crew
- Regolith Harvesting - 6 crew
- Deep resources - 4 crew
- VAB1 - 10 crew
- Nursery 1 - 3 crew
- Snacks - 5x 2.5m Hydroponics bays - 5 crew

Total: 52 crew, 7x 3.75m bunkhouses

Mid-game colony:
- 5m research lab - 8 crew
- 3.75m Control room - 6 crew
- 3.75m fusion reactor - 3 crew
- 2x Monoprop - 2 crew
- 2x LH2 - 6 crew
- He3 - 6 crew
- Metals 2 - 4 crew
- Plastics 2 - 4 crew
- Regolith 2 - 6 crew
- Rare Metals - 3 crew
- 4x Regolith harvester 2 - 8 crew
- 2x Deep resource 2 - 8 crew
- VAB 1: 10 crew 
- Nursery 1 - 3 crew
- Snacks - 4x 3.7m Hydroponics bays - 8 kerbals

Total: 91 kerbals, 8x 5m townhouses

Late colony
- 3x 5m research lab - 24 crew
- 5m Control facility - 10 crew
- 5m fusion reactor - 6 crew
- 2x Monoprop - 2 crew
- Xenon - 3 crew
- 4x LH2 - 12 crew
- 2x He3 - 12 crew
- MH - 8 crew
- 2x Metals 2 - 8 crew
- Plastics 2 - 4 crew
- 2x Rare Metals - 6 crew
- 8x Regolith harvester 2 - 16 crew
- 4x deep resource 2 - 16 crew
- VAB2: 16 crew
- 5m Nursery - 6 crew
- Snacks - 2x 5m dome, 1x Nutrient reprocessor - 10 crew 

Total: 159 crew, 13x 5m townhouse 

Lab Modules
- 2.5m Field Lab - 2 crew to operate, processing speed 1x
- 3.75m Research Lab - 4 crew to operate, processing speed 5x
- 5m Science Facility - 8 crew to operate, processing speed 20x

Control modules: 
- 1.25m Control point - 1 kerbal can control up to 3 probes
- 2.5m Control hub - 3 kerbals can control up to 12 probes and colony can support up to 3 supply routes 
- 3.75m Control room - 6 kerbals can control up to 30 probes and colony can support up to 12 supply routes
- 5m Control facility - 10 kerbals can support infinite probes and supply routes

Nursery Modules:
- 3.75m Nursery, 3 crew, enables population growth following boom events
- 5m Nursery, 6 crew +25% to population booms

LS modules:
Rehydrators - snacks are consumed half as fast, no crew to operate
- Small Radial mount food rehydrator - supports 1 kerbal
- 1.25m in-line rehydrator - supports 3 kerbals
- Medium radial rehydrator - supports 3 kerbals
- 2.5m in-line rehydrator - supports 8 kerbals

Greenhouses - snacks are consumed 5 times slower, or 10 times slower with fertilizer, or new snacks can be produced.
- 1.25m greenhouse dome - supports 2 kerbals, 1 kerbal operates 2
- 2.5m greenhouse dome - supports 8 kerbals, 1 kerbal to operate
- 2.5m in-line hydroponics bay - supports 12 kerbals, 1 kerbal to operate
- 3.75m greenhouse dome - supports 16 kerbals, 2 kerbals to operate
- 3.75m in-line hydroponics bay - supports 24 kerbals, 2 kerbals to operate
- 5m greenhouse dome - supports 40 kerbals, 3 kerbals to operate
- 5m in-line hydroponics bay - supports 60 kerbals, 4 kerbals to operate

Nutrient reprocessors - Ratings stack with greenhouses
- 2.5m in-line reprocessor - snacks are consumed 10x slower and greenhouses support 2x as many crew (*effectively 100x slower) 4 kerbals to operate
- 3.5m in-line reprocessor - snacks are consumed 20x slower and greenhouses support 5x as many crew (*effectively 200x slower) 8 kerbals to operate

Reactors: 
- Geothermal plant, + 10% efficiency with 1 crew assigned
- 1.25m Fission reactor, + 10% efficiency with 1 crew assigned
- 2.5m Fission reactor, + 20% efficiency with 2 crew assigned
- 3.75m Fission reactor, + 30% efficiency with 3 crew assigned
- 2.5m Fusion reactor, + 20% efficiency with 2 crew assigned
- 3.75m Fusion reactor, + 40% efficiency with 4 crew assigned
- 5m Fusion reactor, + 60% efficiency with 6 crew assigned

Fuel factories:
- Methalox factory, runs at 50% uncrewed, 2 crew max
- Monoprop factory, runs at 50% uncrewed, 2 crew max
- Xenon factory, 3 crew max
- LH2 factory, 3 crew max
- He3 factory, 6 crew max
- MH factory, 8 crew max

Resource Factories:
- Metals smelter L1, 2 crew max
- Plastics factory L1, 2 crew max
- Atmospheric processor L1, runs at 50% uncrewed, 1 crew max
- Rare Metals processor L1, 3 crew max
- Regolith processor L1, runs at 50% uncrewed, 3 crew max
- Uranium processor L1, 3 crew max
- Metals factory L2, 4 crew max
- Plastics factory L2, 4 crew max
- Atmospheric processor L2, 3 crew max
- Rare Metals processor L2, 6 crew max
- Regolith processor L2, 6 crew max
- Uranium processor L2, 6 crew max
- Regolith processor L3 - 8 crew max

Resource Harvesters:
- Regolith Harvester 1: + 20% efficiency with 1 crew
- Regolith Harvester 2: + 40% efficiency with 2 crew
- Deep resource drill 1: + 40% efficiency with 2 crew
- Deep Resource drill 2: + 80% efficiency with 4 crew

Construction:
- Offworld VAB 1: 10 crew
- Offworld VAB 2: 16 crew
- Orbital Construction 1: 8 crew
- Orbital Construction 2: 20 crew

Habitation Modules:
- 1.25m 1 kerbal Berth (radiation protection level 1)
- 1.25m inflatable 2 kerbal Tent (radiation protection level 1)
- 1.87m 2 kerbal Cabin (radiation protection level 2
- 2.5m 4 kerbal Bungalow (radiation protection level 2)
- 2.5m inflatable 6 kerbal inflatable Yurt ((radiation protection level 1)
- 3.75m 8 kerbal Bunkhouse (radiation protection level 3) 
- 5m 12 kerbal Townhouse (radiation protection level 3)
- 1.25m inflatable hab ring - 4 kerbals, (radiation protection level 1)
- 2.5m deployable hab ring - 8 kerbals, (radiation protection level 2)
- 3.75m deployable hab ring - 12 kerbals (radiation protection level 3)
- 5m deployable hab ring - 20 kerbals (radiation protection level 3)
- Interstellar hab ring 1 - 30 kerbals (radiation protection level 3)
- Interstellar hab ring 2 - 60 kerbals (radiation protection level 3)
- Colony Habitat block - Freeform - + 1 Kerbal/ 8 cubic meters (radiation level 3)

Edited by Pthigrivi