Mini Alternate Histories: A New Series

dolphinman42

Hey everyone! This is my first post on the forums, but I hope you all like this idea! 

The basic idea here is that I create alternate history scenarios, but only pertaining to one mission. Each scenario will be its own separate AH, so there will be no need to read through all the scenarios for context! I may do AHs of AHs in the future (wink wink), but it all comes down to the support of the community here! I hope y'all enjoy this, and I can't wait to finish the first Mini Alt-Hist!

Edited by dolphinman42

17 hours ago, dolphinman42 said:

Hey everyone! This is my first post on the forums, but I hope you all like this idea! 

The basic idea here is that I create alternate history scenarios, but only pertaining to one mission. Each scenario will be its own separate AH, so there will be no need to read through all the scenarios for context! I may do AHs of AHs in the future (wink wink), but it all comes down to the support of the community here! I hope y'all enjoy this, and I can't wait to finish the first Mini Alt-Hist!

Hi, would you be interested in a me playing along being the Soviet force? I would be happy to!

• 2 months later...

New Post Coming Soon!

It's been a while, and life is still just as crazy as ever, but I have an idea for the first Mini Alternate History, and I plan to post it in the following week! Stay posted, and remember to read the first message in the thread for more information!

-dolphinman42

Mini Alternate History #1: An Early Moon

March 13th, 1966, 1359 UTC

Cape Kennedy Air Force Station, LC-40

James "Jim" Lovell awaits in the Adventure 9 capsule for his launch aboard MT-10, the first human launch to the Moon.  The rocket used is a modified Titan IIIC, ready to carry it's payload to the Moon and back.

T-minus, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0.

fwouaoQ.png

Booster ignition and liftoff!

4QdUQX8.png

We have a liftoff of Adventure 9

Oh9uEU2.png

Initiating roll program.

oNLY11K.png

Roll program complete.

XQ8ZwiQ.png

"Godspeed, Lovell."

XLaZF8z.png

"Vehicle is at Max-Q."

xMzBcV0.png

"Main engine startup."

5UFtmyr.png

"Booster separation confirmed."

CNbrFiI.png

JkK3B52.png2zSCfhb.png

"Stage 2 separation and startup confirmed."

VqTIwKa.png

"Adventure 9 has reached orbit."

k0tgRG6.pngSKRhD8T.pngeo0k9o4.png

TLI burn

P6WUtZT.png

"Houston, the Earth looks beautiful from this altitude."

rCRfJt0.png

Lovell EVAs to the attached lab, a bit more space than the cramped Mercury capsule, which will be appreciated on his 2 week trip.

FtmEhFt.png

"It's not like anything I've seen before Houston, the beauty of it is indescribable." Lovell says while on EVA at his closest approach to the moon, at 6835 kilometers.

qiRGS8Y.png

Adventure 9 leaves the Moon's sphere of influence.

OLv8PKQ.png

"The Earth is getting pretty big in the window, Houston."

ijKJggh.png2ELxWhB.png

Service Module separation.

OMgbAp1.png

After 4 passes through the atmosphere, Adventure 9 enters the Earth's atmosphere for the last time.

z8ry0Wh.png

Drogue chute deployment confirmed.

nilNwd9.png

Drogue fully deployed.

MCHU1ju.png

Drogue detachment and main chute deployment confirmed.

ipCrbwi.png

Main chute fully deployed.

Ylu7i4X.png

Splashdown! After 14 days, 4 hours, and 11 minutes, Adventure 9 returns to the Earth, with Lovell safely inside.

xgGNBcN.png

"Welcome back to Earth, Lovell."

rtwAOIl.png

Sunrise over the Pacific Ocean.

t2C2mHF.png

And that concludes MAH #1! If you have any ideas for future Mini Alternate Histories, don't be afraid to let me know! Catch you in the next timeline,

-dolphinman42

@dolphinman42

I actually do have a suggestion. An alternate timeline where Zambia beat the U.S. and the USSR to the Moon. It may sound far fetched, but Zambia did have a space program. They never actually got to space, and it was most likely a front for Zambian revolutionaries, but it’d still be a cool timeline.

8 minutes ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

@dolphinman42

I actually do have a suggestion. An alternate timeline where Zambia beat the U.S. and the USSR to the Moon. It may sound far fetched, but Zambia did have a space program. They never actually got to space, and it was most likely a front for Zambian revolutionaries, but it’d still be a cool timeline.

I second this

56 minutes ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

@dolphinman42

I'll consider that one!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.