Developer Insights #17 - Engines Archetypes

Intercept Games

Took me waaaay too long to find this thread. Methalox sounds great to me; I have exactly zero problems with that, aside from RL aircraft tanks needing to be rather heavy with methane in my un-expert opinion. But whatever. A rose by any other name...

On 1/15/2023 at 9:54 AM, magnemoe said:

LV-N for the larger interplanetary stuff,

Rhino is probably my least used engine. 

Interesting. I found the LV-N better for smaller stuff, as bigger stuff required expensive clusters and annoyingly long burn times, which is inefficient for departure burns. LV-N with drop tanks could get close to 10km/s of dV with a Mk1 capsule for payload. Rhino became my choice for departure burns of large payloads. Clusters of Wolfhounds (that too-useful engine from MH, even after they were nerfed) were great for my all-purpose miner-refiner, with a Rhino-powered kick stage.

(Disclaimer: I haven't played for months, I may have goofed in this post)

Edited by StrandedonEarth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 7:44 PM, Intercept Games said:

By Chris Adderley

We’ve mentioned approachability as a core pillar of our KSP2 design, and I’m here today to talk about one of the less-obvious ways we are focusing on helping players reach the stars.

why not do the most obvious thing and fix all the bugs, that would already help most of us reach the stars.

u can make all the tutorials you want, they wont fix the bugs, and game full of bugs is not approachable by anyone.

Edited by Fullmetal Analyst

1 hour ago, Fullmetal Analyst said:

why not do the most obvious thing and fix all the bugs, that would already help most of us reach the stars.

u can make all the tutorials you want, they wont fix the bugs, and game full of bugs is not approachable by anyone.

Why are you yelling at a 3 month old post?   

On 2/16/2023 at 9:34 PM, Vl3d said:

feature-video-in-summer-2023.png

On 2/17/2023 at 11:25 AM, thejoker1432 said:

Probably in time with the first science update in summer?

Half a year between roadmap points might be reasonable

Oh I haven't seen this till now. Summer seems okay for Science to be added, especially with time for all the bug and performance fixes

Awesome!

8 minutes ago, Jacob Kerman said:

If Methalox is the default for rockets, then what the heck is up with the VECTOR!? What fuel does that use?

The Vector uses methalox like everything else.

The way I see it, its stats never made it a particularly faithful RS-25 analogue anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.