KEP (Kerbal Expansion Program)

Kerbin is overpopulated with kerbals, kerbals are running out of places to live. Jeb proposed the idea to colonize another celestial object and move some kerbals to other planets.

Description:

In this challenge, you try and fully colonize another celestial object for your kerbals to move to. 

What does it take?

Stock:

1. Scan resources

2. Have relays (Enough to cover the whole planet/moon)

3. Science station with all science equipments that can do science in orbit and a lab.

4. Surface mining base (Can mine and refine Fuel and monopropellant(Modded: Also need to mine all other types of resources)))

5. Vehicles (IMPORTANT: They have to be SEPERATE VEHICLES not one big vehicle)(ALSO IMPORTANT: Vehicle doesn't mean rover, you can do all types of vehicles though it has to be reliable(A rover on Gilly is not reliable unless there is some special design) they can be all sizes but has some requirements):

- Mining Vehicle (Can mine ore (Modded: Also need to mine all other types of resources))

- Exploration Vehicle (Can travel long distances)

- Science Vehicle (Have all science equipment that can operate on ground)

- Crew transport Vehicle (It needs to transport 10 kerbals at least)(You need At Least TWO one for transporting between bases, the other for launching back to kerbin)(It can be made with extraplanetary launchpads on site, no need to be reusable) (There can be a third one for docking with a space station)

6.  Habitation area(s) (Orbital station or surface base, as many as you like, Crew capacity adds up to 100 people)

Modded (This list is if you have a modded save, you need to do this with the upper list):

1. Fully scan the planet (Biome, visual, anomaly, resource, and altimetry)(SCANsat)

2. Have a launchpad and able to build a rocket (this means launchpad + production chain that supports launch) (Extraplanetary launchpads)

3. Provide food (Greenhouse/food making thing) (Snacks/USI Life support/other mods)

Rules:

1. No Cheats

2. No hyperedit

3. No Infinite fuel mods

4. All mods that does not let you cheat is okay

5. You need a mod list: if it is stock, just write stock in the list, if there is DLC, then write which one(s), if there is mod, then write which mod.

6. Proof: Pics (All major burns + cool shots + All craft on target site) Video( just have a video that is the same as what you had in pics)

7. Modded and stock are equal, I prefer modded, some people prefer stock

8. Visual mods(EVE, Scatter) and quality of life mods(KER, Mechjeb), are not required to be put on the mod list

9. If you have a mod installed but didn't use it in any of the missions, you don't need to include it in the mod list.

10. I did not add Kerbol and Jool because these planets are impossible to fully colonize

11. I did not add Kerbin because Kerbin is already mostly colonized when you start the game.

12. You can build your spacecrafts with EL (Your first spacecraft needs to be launched from kerbin)

13. You need surface science of you have breaking ground.

14. Craft file recommended

15. I will add OPM soon, I need to know more about those planets and moons as I haven't done missions there yet

Badges And Leaderboards:

Special badges:

Spoiler

Solar System Badges: For people who conquered the entire solar system

Solar-system.png

Closest Neighbors: For colonizing the mun and Minmus

CN.png

Worlds of Ice: For conquering Minmus Vall and Eeloo

ICY.png

Worlds of Seas: For colonizing Laythe and Eve

WOS.png

Lonely Worlds: for colonizing Eeloo, Moho, and Dres

LW.png

Moons of Jool: For colonizing All 5 of the Joolian moons and building a space station in Jool orbit

MOJ.png

Impressive Accomplishment: For people who did something awe-inspiring (Eg. Full colonization with a SSTO)

IA.png

Elon's Plan: Launch a starship Replica to Duna OR Detonate a modded nuke on Duna

ELON.png

Spinwheel: You can ask me to spin a wheel, I will spin and give you a planet, you then colonize it, you get this badge alongside the other badge. Inspired by the Spin the Wheel Challenge.

MW.png

Standard badges:

Spoiler

Eeloo:

Badge: EELOO.png

Leaderboard:

(Empty)

Spoiler

Pol:

Badge: Pol.png

Leaderboard:

(Empty)

Spoiler

Bop:

Badge: BOP.png

Leaderboard:

(Empty)

Spoiler

Tylo:

Badge: Tylo.png

Leaderboard:

(Empty)

Spoiler

Vall:

Badge:The-MUN.png

Leaderboard:

(empty)

Spoiler

Laythe:

Badge: Laythe.png

Leaderboard:

(empty)

Spoiler

Dres:

Badge: Dres.png

Leaderboard

(Empty)

Spoiler

Mun:

Badge: The-MUN.png

Leaderboard:

(Empty)

Spoiler

Minmus:

Badge:Minmus.png

Leaderboard: 

(Empty)

Spoiler

Duna:

Badge: Duna.png

Leaderboard:

(empty)

Spoiler

Ike:

Badge: Ike.png

Leaderboard:

(empty)

Spoiler

Eve:

Badge:EVE.png

Leaderboard: 

(Empty)

Spoiler

Gilly:

Badge:Gilly.png

Leaderboard:

(Empty)

Spoiler

Moho:

Badge:Moho.png

Leaderboard:

(Empty)

Edited by Smart Boy

Nice Challenge Man, I do kinda like the idea of encouraging colonization rather than flag and go, I want to do that in my mod, so im happy to see more people intrested in colonizing rather than planting a flag and going home

Any plans to add modded planet support in the future(just say "if you do this in a modded planet you have still completed the challenge"

On 12/29/2022 at 8:15 AM, kspnerd122 said:

Nice Challenge Man, I do kinda like the idea of encouraging colonization rather than flag and go, I want to do that in my mod, so im happy to see more people intrested in colonizing rather than planting a flag and going home

Any plans to add modded planet support in the future(just say "if you do this in a modded planet you have still completed the challenge"

I am adding OPM soon, and GU after someone colonizes all Stock planets.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.