v1.0.1 "Central Fire." Planet Jam 2: Armstrong's Limit Homeworld in The Ilio-Pyri Planetary System

Whirligig Girl

10 hours ago, Raptorguy576 said:

Also, what planet pack(s) is the loading screen "togetherness" with a bunch of habitable planets crowded together underneath a rising from? I would absolutely adore to land on and explore all those planets!

They're mostly various homeworlds from the projects of many of the creators. I don't think they're all released yet, but of the ones I know that are,

- The big vacuum one on the left and the topmost world in front are Mesbin and Kerbmun from Whirligig World
- To the left of Duna is Asite Par from the last one, Week World Planet Jam
- Between Duna and Kerbin is, well, also Kerbin, from Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered (I'm not 100% sure if this works in the latest version)
- To the top right of the big desert one is Haven, from Edge of Eternity (which is still well in development, like 60% of the worlds still have placeholder assets)
- To the left of the one in the bottom right corner is Echo, from SLIPPIST-1 (which like AKR I'm not sure if it works in the latest version or not)

I also feel like at least one one (maybe more idk) of the rest of those is released but off the top of my head I can't pin down which

11 hours ago, WarriorSabe said:

They're mostly various homeworlds from the projects of many of the creators. I don't think they're all released yet, but of the ones I know that are,

Jesus christ thats a lot of packs. I think ill just stick with Planet Jam 2 for the time being. Might make a little guide on every single planet and what works there. 

On 3/14/2023 at 7:55 AM, Raptorguy576 said:

Also, what planet pack(s) is the loading screen "togetherness" with a bunch of habitable planets crowded together underneath a rising from? I would absolutely adore to land on and explore all those planets!

Togetherness is, from left to right:

Sudric, by Luna; Mesbin, by Luna; Aldrin, by Wolf;  Avalon, by Tholin and Techo; Desken, by Electricpants;  Kerbmun, by Luna; Selenia, by Triston; Carrier, by Techo; (Tylo, by Squad; Eve, by Squad); Asite Par, by Wolf; (Duna, by Squad); Alternis Kerbin, by Luna; (Kerbin, by Squad); Sidoh, by The Orios; (Laythe, by Squad); Alternis Laythe, by Luna; Vash and Artillerie, by Marshall/Myth; Haven, by Sabine; Eurydice, by SnailsAttack; Echo, by Luna; Sani and Ori, by Cloverdove; Limnus, by Wolf; and Ocan, by Caps Lock.

Many of these are unreleased. Apologies if anything here is inaccurate. If you want a change of pace from Planet Jam 2, I'd certainly suggest the released mods showcased in that image- Whirligig World (Mesbin and Kerbmun; including an interesting infastructure-focused system and the interplay of remarkably low orbit delta-v cost with the deep gravity well of Mesbin), Edge of Eternity (thick-atmosphere cold Haven and a vibrant system of deep-time oddities), or Week World Planet Jam (low delta-v to orbit, but the homeworld has no moons so all your destinations are interplanetary).

20 hours ago, Tangle said:

If you want a change of pace from Planet Jam 2, I'd certainly suggest the released mods showcased in that image- Whirligig World (Mesbin and Kerbmun; including an interesting infastructure-focused system and the interplay of remarkably low orbit delta-v cost with the deep gravity well of Mesbin), Edge of Eternity (thick-atmosphere cold Haven and a vibrant system of deep-time oddities), or Week World Planet Jam (low delta-v to orbit, but the homeworld has no moons so all your destinations are interplanetary).

Im actually looking for something as or even more polished than planet jam 2, something that has planets and systems so detailed its a crime to not go there. I am definitely new to ksp modding so sorry if I am reaching too far, I don't know how far kopernicus modding has come to achieve that extreme amount of detail. 

Just now, Raptorguy576 said:

By polish I mean pure beauty and completeness, I would rather play a modpack that adds 2 planets than 100 if those 2 planets hold 50X more detail and scenery. 

On 3/17/2023 at 7:53 PM, Raptorguy576 said:

Im actually looking for something as or even more polished than planet jam 2, something that has planets and systems so detailed its a crime to not go there. I am definitely new to ksp modding so sorry if I am reaching too far, I don't know how far kopernicus modding has come to achieve that extreme amount of detail. 

By polish I mean pure beauty and completeness, I would rather play a modpack that adds 2 planets than 100 if those 2 planets hold 50X more detail and scenery. 

Well, I'd point out that a lot of PJ2 is extremely high quality for KSP planetmods. While there are some things I'd consider weak points, many of PJ2's planets have consideration and scenery work put into practically every landform. Of the other mods I mentioned, I'd say that Whirligig World has the highest quality currently- WWPJ has a similar variable quality to PJ2 (and several of the people who worked on both improved greatly in the process of building the two!), and EoE is still being worked on in the visuals department.

On 3/14/2023 at 7:55 AM, Raptorguy576 said:

Togetherness by Wolf-Rayet. This loading screen represents the homeworlds from all of the planet packs (many of which not even released yet) made by Planet Jam 2 developers. "Leave as we came, Together in Peace" paraphrases Gene Cernan as they left the Moon on Apollo 17: “We leave as we came, and, God willing, we shall return, with peace and hope for all mankind.” But in this context specifically, it refers to the many peoples and cultures who came to Armstrong in peace, beginning space exploration again in peace.

The worlds featured here are not necessarily 'canon,' for example, two of them are from the distant future and in one of their cases there is explicitly no time travel allowed. The art is more a celebration of the developers' work outside of PJ2, than it is a genuine map of where every Kerbal came from. Those worlds are, from roughly left to right:

• Sudric (Sudric System by Luna Gregoria)
  • Mesbin (Whirligig World by Luna Gregoria)
  • Aldrin (Magnificent Desolation by Wolf-Rayet AKA Exo's Lab)
  • Avalon (by Tholin)
  • Deskin (by ElectricPants)
  • Kerbmun (Whirligig World by Luna Gregoria)
  • Selenia (by Triston)
  • Carrier (by Techo)
  • Tylo (by NovaSilisko for Stock KSP, homeworld in Alien Space Programs)
  • Eve (by NovaSilisko for Stock KSP, homeworld in Alien Space Programs)
  • Asite Par (by Wolf-Rayet for Week World Planet Jam)
  • Duna (by NovaSilisko for Stock KSP, homeworld in Alien Space Programs)
  • Kerbin (by Luna Gregoria for Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered)
  • Kerbin (Stock KSP)
  • Sidoh (by The Orios)
  • Laythe (by NovaSilisko for Stock KSP, homeworld in Alien Space Programs)
  • Alternis Laythe (by NovaSilisko for Alternis Kerbol)
  • Vash & Artilerie (by Marshall/Myth)
  • Haven (Edge of Eternity, by Sabine)
  • Eurydice (The Starclimber Program, by SnailsAttack)
  • SLIPPIST-1e "Echo" (Seven Worlds of SLIPPIST-1, by Luna Gregoria)
  • Sani-Ori (by Cloverdove)
  • Ocan (by Caps Lock)
  • Limnus (Magnificent Desolation by Wolf-Rayet)

• 1 month later...

Hi, I cannot get the mod to work, the Kopernicus could not load the planet pack box appears when I get to the main menu.

Mod list:

• Harmony 2 2.2.1.0
  • Niako's Mitchell-Netravali Filtered Heightmap 0.3
  • Kopernicus Release 1.12.1-166
  • Modular Flight Integrator 1.2.10.0
  • Kopernicus expansion Continued-er Beta 9.1
  • EVE 1.11.7.1
  • Scatterer 0.00838
  • Planet Jam 2 1.0.1
  • Scientific Revolution 1.7.3-1

I don't know how to give you the logs, if you need them, tell me

Surprisingly enough, I was about to give the exact same bug report! My log files should be available in this folder, containing KSP.log, ModuleManager.configcache, and the contents of Logs/Kopernicus. If I haven't set up the right permissions, just ping me.

Having got errors in a heavily modded game I downloaded only the latest versions of the mods that are stated to be dependencies in the OP, using the links in the OP. This continued to refuse to load.

I have also created a bug report in Github because that's something that needs to be done by someone.

I'm slightly disappointed because this looks like an amazing, unique and beautiful planet-pack.

Also, I don't think all the loading screens turned up as I saw about 3 of them on repeat. (The Pyri system map from Pyri to Bifrost, the one where someone is parachuting down next to their crashed command pod, and the one which is inspired by the stock screen which has 3 alien!kerbals experiencing high g-forces). This might be a coincidence though. EDIT: Only 3 loading screens were in the zip that I downloaded from the Github. This is because I did not compile from source.

EDIT: For me at least, the problem was with Kopernicus Expansions Continued; I had to get the version from June 2021 from their github, which is linked as one of the dependencies in the OP of this thread. @ShinyMouse, does this solve your problem?

Edited by fulgur

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey @GregroxMun, is Haut-Oklo's biome map meant to look like this?

Spoiler

0xrjwwC.png

SCANsat refuses to believe that the southern half is in daylight, and only identifies 2 biomes, most of which is the Poles. I didn't fly very far from my landing point but my helicopter also only identified 2 biomes (though I did get splashed science :))

It's a shame because Haut-Oklo is really very beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 3:50 PM, fulgur said:

Hey @GregroxMun, is Haut-Oklo's biome map meant to look like this?

Reveal hidden contents

0xrjwwC.png

SCANsat refuses to believe that the southern half is in daylight, and only identifies 2 biomes, most of which is the Poles. I didn't fly very far from my landing point but my helicopter also only identified 2 biomes (though I did get splashed science :))

It's a shame because Haut-Oklo is really very beautiful.

looks like the biome map was never actually defined in the config. the biome map does exist, though. i'll try to remember to fix that next time i get around to working on the next PJ2 update. Currently the biome map is set for Ike, although the biome *names* and color matching corresponds to the custom haut oklo biome map.

• 3 months later...

Hello I was wondering if anyone knew why Zhandar crashes my game whenever I make a maneuver node that gets an encounter with it.
It's not guaranteed it's just whenever I alter the node a bit it crashes and it also crashes after getting a regular old encounter as well.
The crash is instant as well closing the game without warning and does not happen with any other body.

On another note I'm having fun and am about to construct an interplanetary colony further out around Pyri to stage missions from which is why it's hard to deal with these constant crashes.

Edit:
I figured out that switching to legacy orbit targeting in settings.cfg in the ksp directory fixes the problem

Edited by SaltWT
fixed the problem

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.