What did you do today?

Rutabaga22

Butter Better oceans

worldmap4.png

Spoiler

I think I'll name this one "Draconic Peninsula", "Dragon Head Peninsula" or just simply "Dragon Peninsula".

dracoPeninsula.png

(it's somewhere in the top-right)

Edited by Nazalassa
Butter oceans would be a big problem lol

Free association with @Nazalassa's maps.

Since I took up the mantle of full-time house husband, I've spent a lot of time shuttling the kids around to dance classes and basketball practices. So to while away the hours sitting and waiting I've been re-reading The Baroque Cycle by Neal Stephenson, just finished the second book. Which has led me to wonder what a TTRPG fantasy campaign set on a trading ship would look like.  I think I might be ready to start GMing again.

I like Unifont, but I think it's a bit too big (at least for certain uses). Therefore:

font_v01.png

ASCII is on the left; on the right it's the Box Drawing area (U+2500 - U+257F)
The glyphs are 6x11 but only an area of 5x10 can be used if you want the characters to have space between them.

I already made two or three of these pixel fonts for my calculator, but that was some time ago.

Edited by Nazalassa

I've been playing this for the whole evening:

1280px-Supertuxkart-0.9-screenshot-2.jpg

(SuperTuxKart)

I didn't touch this game for about 2 years. It's still just as fun as back then, except they added a few more characters to the stock game (and removed one)

I seem to have gotten a lot better at it too, but maybe I think that because I'm only playing against my computer (singleplayer)

I tested my window+font combo:

desktop.png

(made with GIMP)

Of course it will look weird on the forums because it isn't exactly at 1:1.

I made two icons in the top bar, I can't decide which one to choose, which one would you choose? Again, I suggest you open the image in new tab, and then zoom so that you can see it at 1:1.

I also added "Latin-1 Supplement" (U+0080 - U+00FF) and "Block Elements" (U+2580 - U+259F) to my font:

font_v02.png                                                                 font_region_v02.png

The accents were a pain to make, the fractions were a pain to make, but I did it.

Edited by Nazalassa
I added Latin-1 Supplement and Block Elements

Phew! I finally added "Geometric Shapes" (U+25A0 - U+25FF) and "Arrows" (U+2190 - U+21FF) to my font:

font_v03.png                                                                 font_region_v03.png                                                                 font_unicode_v03.png

That was hard! I'm glad I'm finished with these.

Edited by Nazalassa
Added Unicode partition system

I have an almost done roblox game based on voting and toying with peoples emotions (you gotta do what you gotta do). Today I made the global votes save throughout the server, and tomorrow I am planning on modeling everything I need for the frontend (my backend is done; the voting system works with multiple players throughout multiple servers).

Spoiler

If anyone has a lot of experience modeling in roblox studio/ blender (i kinda doubt it), feel free to DM me on the forums to try and help!

Finally recovered from a sickness I've had for almost a week now, and went to Goodwill in order to donate a bunch of old clothes, books, toys, and other stuff I had just lying around, some of which went back to all the way when I was in elementary school. I had three garbage bags filled with stuff I no longer needed, which took up a pretty good chunk of the trunk in my car. Looking back at some of this stuff, I probably should have done this years ago, or, at the very least, back when I graduated from high school and went to college in 2021. I suppose it's never too late, however.

After doing that, I just went for a run and got a quick workout in. I never really liked running for most of my life, presumably as a result of middle school cross-country being such a disaster for me, but, recently, I've found myself liking it more and more. I'm currently trying to get my distance up, as I plan to (eventually) run a half-marathon at some point this year. The farthest I've currently gone is around 5 miles, but I feel a 10K is definitely well within my reach already.

Edited by Jack Joseph Kerman

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Actually happened a couple days ago, but I finally beat Getting Over It, the infamous rage game, after over 11 hours of playing spread out over a few days. This game literally drove me insane, but the satisfaction from completing it made it all worth it. The satisfaction one gets when they finally beat this game rivals, if not exceeds, the satisfaction of landing on the Mun for the first time. 

Never give up.

NHl7rFs.jpg

• 1 month later...