Can the KSP Devs add more Russian rocket parts in KSP2?

Can the KSP Devs add more Russian rocket parts cuz there is already alot of ESA and NASA parts but Barely any Roscosmos Parts? I know theres some Soyuz parts but thats it? No Angara A5?, No Proton?

Inspired by this guy 

Edited by Nicholai_M

StrutDecoupler_Gray.png

RK-7_Bare.png

RK-7_ShroudSmall.png

The short 4 nozzle looks very much like Poodle, you can make all sorts of srbs with available nosecones and symmetry modes, fairings are procedural anyway.

Now there are no news of old MH parts being added to KSP2 but they may appear down the line.

15 hours ago, The Aziz said:

The short 4 nozzle looks very much like Poodle, you can make all sorts of srbs with available nosecones and symmetry modes, fairings are procedural anyway.

A bit dismissive to the lack of variety, no? One hotstage decoupler, singular, is just absurd for a paid DLC. For a paid DLC that comes with parts that should just be part of the America-centric stock game anyway, surely doing a worse job of fixing the stock parts selection than Restock+ shouldn't be expected. Yeah, you can make ugly Frankendecouplers and N1 tanks using struts and fairings and various hacky workarounds, but it isn't particularly pleasing to the eye. Hopefully KSP 2 has some procedural conic tanks to do N1 with, some NOT America parts for once, and lets you pick hotstage decouplers as a variant... for every decoupler. Why is the only hotstaging decoupler in KSP 1 part of the horrid 1.9m parts selection, again...?

The Soyuz parts in Making History aren't very good, the booster tanks are shaped wrong (and for that matter, can't really scale up). KSP's lack of procedural tank shapes means it's really only good at making tube-shaped rockets unless you get crazy with clipping and part counts, and are satisfied with craft that look like they've been heavily part clipped. Procedural tank shapes would be a godsend.

For engines IMO a good compromise might be a RD-170 family-alike, with the 170, 180, and 191. You can use the 191 to make a Proton. Also the RD-107/108 (just get them from Making History, but make them look less bland) and an RD-0110 upper stage engine (all the Soyuz main engines having four combustion chambers is kind of iconic). Not sure if we really need an S5.92 for a Fregat-style space engine, we've already got some nice smaller engines for that. That would handle probably the most common stuff.

More hotstage decouplers for all sizes would be nice, especially if they support actual hotstaging and we get to see the exhaust exiting the sides. Note that this also helps if someone wants to make a Titan.

Edited by regex

Proc tanks that can have custom dimensions are going to be problematic. A tank that can have its dimensions,  top and bottom and length  tweaked (say going from the top being 1.25 to the lower being 2.5. , may be a nice idea, but there are reasons why the R7 originaly had conical tanks,(and most following rockets did not) and the N1 had its shape was that the lower stage fuel tanks were spherical. The outer shape was aparentyly a windscreen.

R7 was designed so that the 4 boosters and central sustainer stage could ignite  simultaneously on the surface, as they were not initially sure of ignition  of the second sustainer stage while in flight. The tanks were the shape they were in part to alow the upper connection points, while keeping weight down, aparently streamlining was not much of a consideration, as eventually the bow shock would reduce atmospheric contact friction of the lower body to the point that it was not a consideration after 50 seconds, I think.

Edited by Drakenred65

20 minutes ago, Drakenred65 said:

Proc tanks that can have custom dimensions are going to be problematic. A tank that can have its dimensions,  top and bottom and length  tweaked (say going from the top being 1.25 to the lower being 2.5. , may be a nice idea, but there are reasons why the R7 originaly had conical tanks, and why the N1 had its shape was that the lower stage fuel tanks were spherical.

Gimme a 1.25m to a point segment, a 1.25m to 2.5m segment, and a 2.5m cylinder, all of my own specified length, and I can make R-7 boosters (and so, so, so much more). If KSP2 can't deliver that I'll have to turn to mods, which really sucks because this should be a relatively easy ask.

Edited by regex

26 minutes ago, Drakenred65 said:

You can. But the average player who just got KSP 2?

You have a really poor opinion of people who can figure out procedural wings, how to apply custom colors to their craft, and how to change the look of their engines. vOv

5 hours ago, The Aziz said:

I don't know what ballistic missile has to do with orbital rockets aside from underlying technology.

Well how else are you supposed to destroy the KSC? Alt+f12 object thrower armed? I don't think so.

On 1/2/2023 at 1:35 PM, The Aziz said:

You don't know the power of my boosters

dude.

boosters are loveing lame.

what could be better than using a ballistic missile to hit a building that is only a couple hundred yards away?

Just now, Fletch4 said:

boosters are loveing lame

HAH! Did it just auto-censor me?

Edited by Fletch4

1 hour ago, Fletch4 said:

dude.

boosters are loveing lame.

what could be better than using a ballistic missile to hit a building that is only a couple hundred yards away?

HAH! Did it just auto-censor me?

Hey just be glad it did not use <<ARROW>> like one forum  did ages ago lol.

Edited by Drakenred65