Mods to improve Kerbnet?

StormxWolf

Hey everyone, I am working on a modded stock-alike mod setup and was curious if anyone knows of any mods that improve, build on, or make kerbnet more usuable? While it is certainly useful in its current state I would prefer some higher resolutions if at all possible and more map types, like say a slope map.

I tried searching thru google and the forums and all I found is the wonderful DMagic's kerbnet controller which is not what I am looking for sadly. I know SCANsat does all this perfectly but I am trying to replace it with Kerbnet if possible.

Edited by StormxWolf

12 hours ago, StormxWolf said:

Hey everyone, I am working on a modded stock-alike mod setup and was curious if anyone knows of any mods that improve, build on, or make kerbnet more usuable? While it is certainly useful in its current state I would prefer some higher resolutions if at all possible and more map types, like say a slope map.

I tried searching thru google and the forums and all I found is the wonderful DMagic's kerbnet controller which is not what I am looking for sadly. I know SCANsat does all this perfectly but I am trying to replace it with Kerbnet if possible.

Probably the best help is JX2Antenna, all of these parts and modules of Kerbnet, require a CommNet link to Kerbin and these big antennas help a lot  :)

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@StormxWolf I don't think it's possible. SCANsat is the mod for superior surface scanning and mapping. But there is a mod that adds a bit to the stock mapping systems (not necessarily KerbNet related). You might find it enjoyable:

Thank you for the help! This does look like a lot of fun but I was more looking to replace SCANsat. I have been on a stock purity drive to try and find as many mods that simply implement mod features into stock. E.G: Simple Construction, or stock EVA construction over KAS, or TweakScale over, say, NearFuture aeronautics for 2.5m rapiers. Just trying to cut corners and reduce resource footprint. In this particular case I was looking for a nice mod to make KerbNet have better resolution or a slope map for KerbNet like the WIP one below, though it was never finished.

I am also aware of a mod that makes SCANsat stock capable. Also a very good mod that does what I am looking for but I would rather take advantage of KerbNet since it will always be in the game and is never going away. Thus I may as well make use of the resources it is already using.

Edited by StormxWolf

2 hours ago, StormxWolf said:

Just trying to cut corners and reduce resource footprint

That's totally fine. I get that and I wish you well.

1 hour ago, StormxWolf said:

KerbNet since it will always be in the game and is never going away.

I don't see the point of this statement. Squad doesn't have a habit of removing significant features from KSP. Also, KSP is officially finished and retired so new features and mod-breaker updates are not to be expected. The only reason KSP 1.12.5 exists is to add a clear KSP2 reference, and granted we're so close to KSP2 Early Access starting there isn't going to be a 1.12.6 (unless there's a real good reason).

Technically, KSP itself is what has gone away.

33 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That's totally fine. I get that and I wish you well.

I don't see the point of this statement. Squad doesn't have a habit of removing significant features from KSP. Also, KSP is officially finished and retired so new features and mod-breaker updates are not to be expected. The only reason KSP 1.12.5 exists is to add a clear KSP2 reference, and granted we're so close to KSP2 Early Access starting there isn't going to be a 1.12.6 (unless there's a real good reason).

Technically, KSP itself is what has gone away.

I may have caused some communication with my statement about always being in the game. My intention is just to use stock features that do similar things to mod features. Since SCANsat and KerbNet are both for mapping I would prefer to just upgrade Kerbnet as opposed to having Kerbnet loaded but totally unused. It's just a waste and clutters PAWs which I do not like. I have used SCANsat for years - and love it. It has been my go-to for a long time regarding picking landing spots. It's just that it makes KerbNet redundant and thus makes KerbNet a waste of resources.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.