First beta KSP2 images

8 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Do a screenshot with visual mods added too.

8 hours ago, KalleHeHa said:

i decided to recreate one of the beta screenshots in stock ksp, to compare graphics.

its safe to say there is a massive difference, but i do feel like the ksp2 screenshot is missing some aerodynamic effects. assuming the SRB's are clydesdales in the beta screenshot my ksp1 craft cant really be going much faster as it is only the SRB's firing. so i think there should be aero effects

202301081127221.jpg

ss9f7d31044972b7c6a2.jpg

I decided to recrate that beta screenshot on my visually modded save, here is a 3-way comparison:
202301081127221.jpg

image.png

ss9f7d31044972b7c6a2.jpg

Just now, regex said:
31 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

So you've not read a single dev post, I assume?

Oh I have. They're incredibly light on details. Which is fine, that's their choice. I just don't really see anything here to get excited about.

So multiple vessels consisting of dozens if not hundreds of parts not killing framerates because the game is utilizing multcore processors we've had for decades, a clean UI design that makes sense, no longer having to do those smegging milk runs, etc etc. doesn't constitute an improvement over KSP 1 to you. You do you buddy, I'm just saying, KSP 1 is a truly awful experience if you're dabbling in rockets that are any bigger than one pod, one tank and one engine, and I just personally can't make sense of the idea of foregoing KSP 2 in favor of a game that's outperformed by Sonic 06 and requires at least 50 mods to even approach a state of feature-completeness, and unless you ignore every dev post we've seen so far, KSP 2 is definitely coming to EA in a feature-complete state compared to the unbalanced, horrifically feature-light mess KSP 1 has been for the better part of its history.

2 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

So multiple vessels consisting of dozens if not hundreds of parts not killing framerates because the game is utilizing multcore processors we've had for decades, a clean UI design that makes sense, no longer having to do those smegging milk runs, etc etc. doesn't constitute an improvement over KSP 1 to you. You do you buddy, I'm just saying, KSP 1 is a truly awful experience if you're dabbling in rockets that are any bigger than one pod, one tank and one engine, and I just personally can't make sense of the idea of foregoing KSP 2 in favor of a game that's outperformed by Sonic 06 and requires at least 50 mods to even approach a state of feature-completeness, and unless you ignore every dev post we've seen so far, KSP 2 is definitely coming to EA in a feature-complete state compared to the unbalanced, horrifically feature-light mess KSP 1 has been for the better part of its history.

So inspirational! Yeah, I will do me, there's nothing new here for me to get excited about. Maybe a few updates down the line, but not now.

14 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

I decided to recrate that beta screenshot on my visually modded save, here is a 3-way comparison:
202301081127221.jpg

image.png

ss9f7d31044972b7c6a2.jpg

i have to be honest i dont think the modded version looks alot better than the stock one. some things are too realistic and some are not realistic enough. it looks off in my opinion. but its still better

Edited by KalleHeHa

Just now, regex said:

So inspirational! Yeah, I will do me, there's nothing new here for me to get excited about. Maybe a few updates down the line, but not now.

Cool! Nothing wrong with having fun with even the most horrifically discombobulated games :)

1 minute ago, KalleHeHa said:

i have to be honest i dont think the modded version looks better than the stock one. some things are too realistic and some are not realistic enough. it looks off in my opinion.

KSP 2 has a clear visual style that I don't see in KSP 1, modded or vanilla.

Just now, KalleHeHa said:
5 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

oh you're so right, nothing seems out of place in ksp2 where i wouldnt say that for ksp1:o

The exhaust trails are a massive sore thumb. Even waterfall, as far as my experience goes, doesn't offer anything better than KSP 1 for the SRBs. KSP 2 though, the devs aren't gonna release a $50 game and forget to implement plumes for everything :)

Not a jab at the Waterfall devs ofc, I know how hard they work on the mod. I am simply making the point that KSP 2 will most definitely blow modded KSP 1 out of the water :D

18 minutes ago, KalleHeHa said:

here are some more graphics comparisons between stock KSP1 with highest quality and the new beta screenshots from KSP 2

EHxZ5rzYgwR_HCoA5KX2oPK7tmNoXKJal_4IB5DLacy4S6bIYFHgEMLby-y3M9Gg9usVLbrv6i2zJdYFVJo94PGhlvccf371sDkYuMJow_MrxhSF9OPtN31lwk3MvUsK-Yjmhg2eRELDbsQ7CHsmCpauCqT3YmMFNuCkVcSDtlbHzHeMS94JjpwLbAOlEQ4fHd_IMAMjmq398h9mDG_Fm2G9OO-dMgH_yknfADkPzqSFcp0gkrWfwIUIRzmsDxSIMNaf9hzJGwSnLrRS7ASAHVNn99H9ytsTbv8OLLSBvZshKsmSgOT7q9EZxV010jPmarBkKZ1vXEl5qmGHOVRrT08lEdQfYBqbpUW0SzgRFtgBhtQWJ1PzWdKLeA2w

mZgTlI8K-jY0bqVMD25MzIoSUt8tfYeUXXQazmutizz074PQaZcRcJs99cLTQGwVWnSu34RJ8PSgVreuKdafuzJqSX-O9dGsl6mz7eR0SonzLAg9FIKjU7WTWKpWyu3Irf_87AjTLztzwBf_Y9u3mY2qpJRSlrn6KzhHrqn9kV1yc0YjQP5URhnxRJCGsQEDKAYhNh0MCzPp1E4KXsWbDACKm4y4rpAX9HeIx10yO0OS1KWZNNWBr-qQG5jG3JMkI_8M7KlXVUXkjuC_OKJQEC8qNDyy5180dXm_NnWqyLBZc3wXBVL2L-Z4GmV_y3euqftpY8_UGlRQcbK1OTq4fdx_LbuxbJX0irOpQuqCG5Umpy6ErLuCZyIz9Olw

lWbM2EI7eO-GA3HjVFX90FNr5gxT80JJCU76GrvvydFthD_1APtg9h6SYsuBBlNwflaZ01COwJHGP4qAEXA_FF_rxtyPDw4oaJItPWZQCG8_zEyN9XPkkwMfJuHs7iah9pWd3ZOHFKKoMjSr24K7ipRAtNL3i0Qv15A_VsxWHTW2nFY6EyFDsb1PK_MH-gSUxRGXHelt-2PniqimCM9pnYqQSzMjjaRPgUFvM4hkYDyLIBY6sw9E_yi6VgdXKM8VgdjS-ZxPnnw-k5yXaPuaEp7G81BIUjiqsPauyoB43qLBNEtNRvjEU08wtWzV7HwBccYpGJskSj8Tzxxmu2UgY_svoMtbDQZESHypnoXrYZeisBwz4TyUoYneBAIQ

Anti-aliasing seems better in KSP: the jaggies on the upside down plane are notable.

6 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

The exhaust trails are a massive sore thumb. Even waterfall, as far as my experience goes, doesn't offer anything better than KSP 1 for the SRBs. KSP 2 though, the devs aren't gonna release a $50 game and forget to implement plumes for everything :)

Not a jab at the Waterfall devs ofc, I know how hard they work on the mod. I am simply making the point that KSP 2 will most definitely blow modded KSP 1 out of the water :D

9 minutes ago, KalleHeHa said:

oh you're so right, nothing seems out of place in ksp2 where i wouldnt say that for ksp1:o

15 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Cool! Nothing wrong with having fun with even the most horrifically discombobulated games :)

19 minutes ago, KalleHeHa said:

i have to be honest i dont think the modded version looks alot better than the stock one. some things are too realistic and some are not realistic enough. it looks off in my opinion. but its still better

Agree with all of this, some of the stuff even with visual mods is just bad.

3 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

The planet updates, VAB overhaul, and brachistochrone maneuver options are enough by themselves. 

Even without all the bells and whistles that will come later, non-impulsive maneuvers, persistent thrust, automated supply runs, etc. will make a world of difference for low-TWR vessels and motherships whose landers need to make many trips to refuel their host. I feel like these kinds of QOL features are really being undersold by the forum. Just because interstellar is exciting doesn't mean these features won't make KSP 2 worth picking up from day one.

Edited by Bej Kerman

11 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Why are the mountains in KSP2 so small?

Seems like the atmospheric scattering and the clouds are hiding them.

Just now, Pthigrivi said:

Even though some of the elements Im most excited for come later Im still really excited for the release. The planet updates, VAB overhaul, and brachistochrone maneuver options are enough by themselves. 

Especially the new maneuvering system. And i'm very excited to see, how much bigger the ships can be performance wise.

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

Even without all the bells and whistles that will come later, non-impulsive maneuvers, persistent thrust, automated supply runs, etc. will make a world of difference for low-TWR vessels and motherships whose landers need to make many trips to refuel their host. I feel like these kinds of QOL features are really being undersold by the forum. Just because interstellar is exciting doesn't mean these features won't make KSP 2 worth picking up from day one.

Wait will delivery routes by there from day 1?

Edited by Datau03

1 minute ago, Datau03 said:

Wait will delivery routes by there from day 1?

Why would core features be missing?

I'm guessing all the bad rep is because people like to picture KSP 2 releasing with core features like this one absent.

I just can't imagine that "no colonies" would automatically mean something like "no trajectory predictions", "no automated supply runs", etc.

Edited by Bej Kerman

8 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I'm guessing all the bad rep is because people like to picture KSP 2 releasing with core features like this one absent.

Well the feature is mostly for use with colonies so I was expecting it to come with them, but I'd love seeing it on launch :)

Edit: Yeah you're propably right, that is quite a big feature but not mentioned in the roadmap, which hopefully means it will be there on launch.

Also on the topic of Early Access launch: do we know anything about the new resource system(not the processing in colonies obviously but maybe some else way) and maybe even booster recovery and whole reusable vehicles beeing there?

Edited by Datau03

1 minute ago, Datau03 said:
6 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Well the feature is mostly for use with colonies so I was expecting it to come with them, but I'd love seeing it on launch :)

Of course it's going to be here on launch. I don't think trajectories is coming to KSP 2 in the first place, but for the sake of making an example, if it was coming then it'd be here from day one, even if 90% of its use is to help with landing at colonies. It'd still see use in other parts of the game too.

Just to hammer in my last point, it's a core feature. Trajectories, supply routes, non-impulsive maneuver editors, etc. aren't big massive prestigious features like the things we see on the roadmap, they're simple tools with many applications that'd fit in with the game on day one just as well as after it receives colonies and interstellar travel. Intercept would only be crippling the day one release of KSP 2 by missing out core features like this. Like yeah, KSP 2 isn't coming with torch drives on day one, that doesn't mean supply routes and non-impulsive maneuver nodes can just be left out until later. They can be just as important to a NERVA-powered 30m long ship as they will be to a massive 300m long torchship. I am very confident these things will be here from day one given these reasons and I just cannot see why people would think KSP 2 would just drop missing features that are even present in KSP 1.

I will admit, I'm still holding out a bit of hope that Kerbin ends up not being devoid of life (if not on release then in later patches) tbh. I recognize that this is all personal preference, but it feels just a little too barren in stock KSP1.

Edited by Gojira

45 minutes ago, Datau03 said:

Edit: Yeah you're propably right, that is quite a big feature but not mentioned in the roadmap, which hopefully means it will be there on launch.

Also on the topic of Early Access launch: do we know anything about the new resource system(not the processing in colonies obviously but maybe some else way) and maybe even booster recovery and whole reusable vehicles beeing there?

I hate to say it but supply routes might not come until resources are introduced in the 2nd interstellar update. They are introducing colonies earlier, but without resources its likely that new vessels and fuel will be free there. Without resources booster recovery wouldn't be important either. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

32 minutes ago, Gojira said:

I will admit, I'm still holding out a bit of hope that Kerbin ends up not being devoid of life (if not on release then in later patches) tbh. I recognize that this is all personal preference, but it feels just a little too barren in stock KSP1.

I'd love to see cities on kerbin but it's one of things that takes a lot of work and doesn't have much gameplay impact besides atmosphere. I'd say it's unlikely any time soon.