KSP2 Social Posts

Ghostii_Space

F.I.R.S.T !

It says, "No video with supported format and MME type found" with a sad file icon. Nevermind it fixed itself (as a lot of things when you use a computer)

Ah, the classical pass under the R&D bridge... Well done.

Wait wait wait, the video's URL starts with  kerbal-forum-uploads.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com , did you somehow upload it directly on the forums? If yes, I didn't know that could be done.
Or maybe you have access to the filesystem of the server corresponding to that address.

Edited by Nazalassa
kerbal-forum-uploads.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com is where our pfps and that sort of stuff is hostes

Those trees really add to the KSC's atmosphere, that little road you see as the plane flies up feels almost like a real place I could take a stroll down. Also, I can't be the only one here who actually really likes the clouds? They don't try to be super realistic like some mods I've seen, those mods look good of course but they're kind of jarring and out of place for KSP. But the clouds in the second game look really awesome but also cartoony and not too hard on certain potato PCs :blush:

2 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

I can't be the only one here who actually really likes the clouds? They don't try to be super realistic like some mods I've seen, those mods look good of course but they're kind of jarring and out of place for KSP. But the clouds in the second game look really awesome but also cartoony and not too hard on certain potato PCs

The clouds look bad and need work.

Spoiler

ss_9f7d31044972b7c6a2ed7cb241dae8c5cbb2b

AMi2yoN.png

The clouds were looking better in some old KSC images:

Spoiler

aHVBLSn.png

zcGE718.png

In my opinion the clouds could use some of the launch smoke effect (lower right):

Spoiler

ss_e8420e5fdbcfcb0d1ae35605e8ff58d66deea

Also consider KSP1 EVE Redux clouds:

Edited by Vl3d

3 hours ago, Vl3d said:

The clouds were looking better in some old KSC images:

Reveal hidden contents

aHVBLSn.png

zcGE718.png

Afaik, Nate said in one video/post that those images are just models in front of a spaceholder background. Those clouds you see there are just static pictures, so keeping that in mind. I'd rather have those dynamic ones like they have now.

Edited by Snafu225
Spelling/Punctuation

11 minutes ago, Snafu225 said:

Afaik, Nate said in one video/post that those images are just models in front of spaceholder background. Those clouds you see there are just static pictures, so keeping that in mind I'd rather have those dynamic ones like they have now.

I have seen much better in-game clouds on this forum though, one of the devs posted a video of a kerbal free-falling with very good looking clouds in the background. Better than the upcoming EVE update, I'd dare say.

It looked like it was 15FPS though. so perhaps that's why there's been an apparent downgrade.

11 minutes ago, Coin said:

I have seen much better in-game clouds on this forum though, one of the devs posted a video of a kerbal free-falling with very good looking clouds in the background. Better than the upcoming EVE update, I'd dare say.

It looked like it was 15FPS though. so perhaps that's why there's been an apparent downgrade.

Do you have a link to that video?
Despite that I think big performance optimization will happen when KSP 2 is mostly feauture complete. Similar to how it was with KSP iirc.

Also new EVE is a bombshell but that's off-topic here. 

2 hours ago, Snafu225 said:

Do you have a link to that video?
Despite that I think big performance optimization will happen when KSP 2 is mostly feauture complete. Similar to how it was with KSP iirc.

Also new EVE is a bombshell but that's off-topic here. 

Took forever to find but it's the latter half of this video from 1 year ago

It looks grainy too, but still a lot better than the 'new' ones! Different style than EVE's, they both look great.

Edited by Coin
link video

For those of you worrying about the clouds, have you considered that, in real life, there is more than one type of cloud? Some look exactly like this. Perhaps there are/will be other clouds in the game. 

Variations-of-diierent-cloud-types-top-a