KSP2 Social Posts

Ghostii_Space

1 hour ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Also the blackbody emissions between the landing and landed state - nice attention to detail! 

You can actually watch the bells cool to black during the stabilization 

Nothing new here, this is in the first game as well, albeit being absent on a couple of engines. 

Any actual stones and scattered objects on surfaces please? The terrain looks quite flat. So flat as if somebody has shaven it. Ok it looks like Minmus, lets assume it should be flat. What about Kerbin, Mun? AFAIR there was a show-n-tell episode that teased us with beautiful rocks on surfaces. Are they gone now? Further more, there's almost no detail on the surface. It is quite different from what was shown in show-n-tell episodes.

I hope its just bad marketing and poor place on Minmus' surface. Please may it be so.

Edited by atomontage

1 hour ago, atomontage said:

Any actual stones and scattered objects on surfaces please? The terrain looks quite flat. So flat as if somebody has shaven it. Ok it looks like Minmus, lets assume it should be flat. What about Kerbin, Mun? AFAIR there was a show-n-tell episode that teased us with beautiful rocks on surfaces. Are they gone now? Further more, there's almost no detail on the surface. It is quite different from what was shown in show-n-tell episodes.

I hope its just bad marketing and poor place on Minmus' surface. Please may it be so.

It probably is just a bad spot on minmus, since it is ceramic.

26 minutes ago, TLTay said:

No worries. They just brought in KSP1 minimus for the lander video because KSP2 minimus was in the shop...

Dang I sure hope so because it's quite disappointing to see graphical downgrades after everything they've been showing off for the past few years... I just hope they're running on low graphics or haven't fully implemented all the systems yet.

2 hours ago, Domonian said:

Dang I sure hope so because it's quite disappointing to see graphical downgrades after everything they've been showing off for the past few years... I just hope they're running on low graphics or haven't fully implemented all the systems yet.

Running on low graphical settings? I'm sorry, but its not a random stream on Twitch.
Those are promotional videos.

Haven't fully implemented all the systems yet?
The release is in a month. The early access as per dev's words is meant to get the mechanics and stuff polished. Not to refactor and/or finish implementing the core stuff.
It is either implemented in the core of the game or we're screwed. 3D artists either had time to create little stones for surfaces or it isn't supported yet with that scale ('we want the surface to not be boring' or something like that) we've been shown.

Moreover, those screenshots we've been getting in the last few weeks have weird (quite obsolete?) water and atmospheric scattering. The surface looks very deserted - nothing to play with just like in KSP 1.

I see two possible reasons: either their marketing and community management do epic fails again and again not paying attention neither to FPS and graphics quality, nor to YouTube video titles*, or we're screwed.

I doubt mr. Simpson would ever read this though.

* the forums would not allow me to paste the video title saying 'The value entered includes a character that is not allowed such as an Emoji'. The title was (and still is) 'Maybe maybe maybe [two emojis that do not render correctly in YouTube and Chrome]'.

We've also been told multiple times that promo shots can be comprised of different bits and pieces that are not fully incorporated with everything else just yet to show off a particular feature. Here, I suspect it's the landing legs and the stabilization on uneven terrain. The fuel refinery showcase had placeholder background terrain for example as a test scene. Let's just wait and see what's released in a month before being too judgmental on descoping or expectations between EA KSP2 and modded KSP1. Everyone has hyped themselves up so much that I doubt KSP2 will live up to any of their expectations even if the final product is still fantastic :(.

11 hours ago, atomontage said:

I see two possible reasons: either their marketing and community management do epic fails again and again not paying attention neither to FPS and graphics quality, nor to YouTube video titles*, or we're screwed.

There's a million different reasons things are the way we see them, but I'm becoming less and less hopeful for the graphical side of the game. All I've seen as of late is downgrades from what was shown off before in Show and Tells and feature videos, which makes me sad :(

It's possible it was done to improve FPS prior to optimization, but again, that's one of a million possible reasons.

Edited by Domonian

8 hours ago, aeroeng14 said:

We've also been told multiple times that promo shots can be comprised of different bits and pieces that are not fully incorporated with everything else just yet

Well, that was presumably true up until beta, right? Unless my understanding of beta is wrong, which it probably is, since everyone seems to use the term differently. 

On 1/20/2023 at 3:04 PM, Frostic said:
We also got some bonus screenshots today (via the Intercept Games discord):

1.20_Discord_1.png

Those are docks at the shoreline under the wing, right?  (Certainly NOT sub-pens... but docks?)

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

On 1/21/2023 at 11:00 PM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Those are docks at the shoreline under the wing, right?  (Certainly NOT sub-pens... but docks?)

Who knows, probably we even get some new parts for actual sailing crafts like boats. On VAB screenshots we can see subcategories of capsules and cockpits. Hope we get some ..."Bridges "? Like on ships.

7 hours ago, Drakenred65 said:

Take some of this with a touch of salt, but……

trying to find the comment about launching ships

Found it, 11:10 

1 month to release and we're scraping for information in 3 year old videos.. anyway, I'm sure the docks will not be useless.

22 hours ago, KSACheese said:

For anyone not in the Intercept discord...

Hide contents

Screenshot_Duny1_1.png

Screenshot_Duny1_2.png

DiscordBannerDunaHiRes.gif

These look pretty sweet :))

Is the terrain pixelated? Look at the crater rims really closely. Looks like  big pixels in some spots? Anybody else notice?

58 minutes ago, TLTay said:

Is the terrain pixelated? Look at the crater rims really closely. Looks like  big pixels in some spots? Anybody else notice?

It might be a LOD thing. The visual quality of all the "Beta Gameplay" screenshots has varied wildly, so we can only assume they're testing things and getting values sorted prior to EA.